• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

robotrock

Banned
Probably gonna finally crack open that PS4 TLOU copy. Never played Left Behind.

yeah that works. Been actually loading that up pretty frequently this week trying to calibrate my TV and my sound system.

This is my favorite screen in gaming:
spvT88Q.jpg

Stoze

because I don't care about loot
I found the problem

In seriousness though, I think design that forces you to switch out and get new gear a lot is a good thing. It's less about caring for the loot itself and caring for the act of getting loot. The former does happen, it's just more as you get into the post-game and are getting high level raid gear and stuff.

robotrock

Banned
Oh god i need to play ys viii too don't i.

At least the first 3/4 of October has fuck all i want to play.

Folks, what is Ys. Is it related to Trails in the Sky?

I have not played a Ys game or a Trails game but I'm kind of curious about them. Have Ys Chronicles 1 and 2 on PC as well as Origins and Felghana, as well as the first TiTs. Any idea on which one to check out

Meguro

Banned
Folks, what is Ys. Is it related to Trails in the Sky?

I have not played a Ys game or a Trails game but I'm kind of curious about them. Have Ys Chronicles 1 and 2 on PC as well as Origins and Felghana, as well as the first TiTs. Any idea on which one to check out

Ys is by the same developer as Trails in the Sky, Falcom, but they are not actually related.
The Trails games are pretty old school JRPGs while Ys games are pretty much action adventures. Felghana would be a good place to start for Ys.

I like the loot, but I also just like playing Destiny 2. I like the gunplay and I like the mission structure. The adventures, the strikes, the lost sectors, and the public events are all just really good! If you're not feeling any of that, then yeah, I don't think Destiny 2 will be for you, especially if you don't have anyone to play it with.

Salarians

this is fascinating
In 1975, Dr. William H. Cade discovered that the parasitic tachinid fly Ormia ochracea is attracted to the song of the cricket, and uses it to locate the male to deposit her larvae on him. It was the first known example of a natural enemy that locates its host or prey using the mating signal. Since then, many species of crickets have been found to be carrying the same parasitic fly, or related species. In response to this selective pressure, a mutation leaving males unable to chirp was observed amongst a population of field crickets on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, enabling these crickets to elude their parasitoid predators. A different mutation with the same effect was also discovered on the neighboring island of Oahu (ca. 100 miles (160 km) away).

It's average, but man is it fucking annoying and ultimately disappointing when you think about how much better this could and should have been. As of right now, it is what Destiny 1 should have been for the most part but it doesn't feel like a full on sequel.

e: The lust and grind for better loot is blinding some people but I guess if that's enough for you then yeah, this is great I guess.

I was really hoping bungie would go all out and make a true sequel... Sounds disappointing still :(. Played like 100-150 hours of vanilla destiny 1 and it was fun with friends but man it did not live up to what they were selling it as, at all. Doesn't sound like Destiny 2 does either. Probably getting it on PC since some friends want to but yea... Doesn't sound like the true sequel I was hoping for.

I want GBE to continue BitE, I enjoyed watching them play through 0 quite a bit.

Valtýr

Been watching my girlfriend play through Yakuza Kiwami and she's engaging with the combat in ways that Dan never did and its actually pretty cool to see someone play it that has a pretty good understanding of the mechanics.

Switching between styles, putting yourself into position to utilize Heat moves, knowing how to dodge using Rush, etc.

BTA

I apparently last played Dishonored 2 on Christmas Eve and I'm even rustier than I expected (I forgot how far far reach could reach). It's quick load city over here.

I'm also a level earlier than I thought (I checked how many levels there were a little while back) but I was just aiming to power through finish this week and then take a week break before starting Death of the Outsider anyway, so I just might use that second week to finish this now.

I finished my no power, no kills, no detection Dishonored 2 run a few days ago. Now that was reload city, I wish it tracked number of quick saves.

BTA

I finished my no power, no kills, no detection Dishonored 2 run a few days ago. Now that was reload city, I wish it tracked number of quick saves.

I'm just doing no kills (well, I killed people early on and then switched to low chaos from then on).

But I keep reloading whenever a situation goes badly, which I'm gonna need to let go of given that I just wasted an hour on a pretty easy start to this level. Though some of that's just getting used to things again.

Top Bottom