• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

m29a

Neo Member
I just don't get the big deal about PUBG potentially winning it? They have said countless times how much they have loved their time with the game. Especially Jeff, at how surprised he was with it. Consider how much content they have had with PUBG, and even more if it continues.

So what if it's early access? So what if it's multiplayer only? Why does that matter? This is Giant Bomb's list, and it seems as a group, they all just had a complete blast and it provided such a unique group experience for them this year.

Why diminish that? I know not everyone likes it / getting sick of the streams, but you can't deny the synergy that game has provided with GB as a whole.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Audience Q&As are always bad, please make them stop

I mean, if you have to do them PAX seems like the perfect time because this way it at least doesn't infect too much actual content.

I just don't get the big deal about PUBG potentially winning it? They have said countless times how much they have loved their time with the game. Especially Jeff, at how surprised he was with it. Consider how much content they have had with PUBG, and even more if it continues.

So what if it's early access? So what if it's multiplayer only? Why does that matter? This is Giant Bomb's list, and it seems as a group, they all just had a complete blast and it provided such a unique group experience for them this year.

Why diminish that? I know not everyone likes it / getting sick of the streams, but you can't deny the synergy that game has provided with GB as a whole.

Personally I don't really care what their GotY is but it's boring if it's that obvious from the start, that's why I hope PUBG gets disqualified. (well, """hope""") I want fights, tears, pain, anger, rivalries the will last for decades, hate and backstabbing. That's the best part of the GotY podcasts

Given what Jeff said, I think he's going to dig his heels in about eligibility.

Its looking that way and Dan and Brad may do the same for their arguments based on what they've said so far.

Thanks!
Sounds like every PAX panel aka the worst thing ever.

So is Dan on team PUBG GOTY? Not Zelda? God damnit Dan. You were supposed to make this interesting.

During the panel he said he enjoyed it but it has no replayability. He hasn't had the urge to go back and play it again.

Lari

I liked the PAX wrestling show, recently watched their documentary and that was pretty entertaining.
The panel is not for me.

Ugh, I hate fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We're going through the destiny 1 sucked but destiny 2 fixes everything honeymoon phase on the internet right now

And in 3 weeks the same people will be talking about how bad destiny 2 is and will cycle again. With destiny 3

tesqui

I feel like PUBG is too easy of a pick for GOTY. That game doesn't need anymore spotlight. I guess ultimately that doesn't matter, but it's just kind of a boring pick. Regardless if PUBG takes it, that #2 spot is going to be real divisive. We've got BOTW, Horizon, and potentially Mario Odyssey.

oti

Banned
Its looking that way and Dan and Brad may do the same for their arguments based on what they've said so far.

During the panel he said he enjoyed it but it has no replayability. He hasn't had the urge to go back and play it again.

I mean, yeah? Why would one want to replay a >100h singleplayer game anyway? It came out in March. Not a couple of years ago. I love that game and certainly don't feel like replaying it.
Can't wait for the DLC though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Replayability is an overrated concept

ARK is just like all those other survival games but with dinosaurs, right?

I mean, yeah? Why would one want to replay a >100h singleplayer game anyway? It came out in March. Not a couple of years ago. I love that game and certains font feel like replaying it.
Can't wait for the DLC though.

Well, I played The Witcher 2 three times and plan on another Witcher 3 playthough soon... I guess if the game is good enough the replayability is there.

:D

oti

Banned
Replayability is an overrated concept
Seeing that in reviews always seems weird to me. Imagine a movie review talking about re-watchability.

Well, I played The Witcher 2 three times and plan on another Witcher 3 playthough soon... I guess if the game is good enough the replayability is there.

:D
Can't argue with that.

I should play Witcher 3 some time.

image.php
image.php

oti

Banned
This sure seems fun.

I feel like soneone should post this stream on Reddit. I can already picture the reactions by the YouTube kids. It would be glorious.

Top Bottom