• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

I just spent 45 minutes of the time I had for Dishonored 2 tonight (which ended up being about 2 hours instead of 4+ due to having to get some other stuff done) on Jindosh's lock. More if you count me looking for the right notebook to solve it in.

I feel rewarded but I'm just gonna do most of the stuff in the level anyway so it was probably a waste. At least now I can safely betray both sides in the Dust District.

Tagyhag

Lol Dan's team awareness is something else.

Fog match: Doesn't tell Alex who's struggling with guns about a second shotgun on the house that he first goes in.

Doesn't tell them that he was in that house originally and Jeff and Alex are afraid someone passed by.

Zeroro

Arcsys games are the only fighting games I can play now. I love how fast and crazy they are, but I don't even really enjoy playing the MvC games, so they somehow manage to have a very specific brand of fast and crazy gameplay that I am all about.

I like the aesthetic but that was not a significant draw for me nor is it really a gimmick given that the characters do not acknowledge it.

also I think the story is very good

I can understand that feeling (and I don't think you're actually alone in feeling that) but I don't think anything about the ending goes against that powerful depiction at all. If anything it wasn't till near the end that we hear about Mae's disassociation in detail (which was an incredibly powerful scene to me), and I don't think we really know that she's queer till the epilogue either. I firmly believe that the Black Goat was either a delusion of the elders to begin with or, if it's real, just taking advantage of her very real mental illness and not causing it. Death of the author and all that but I've been following its creators on Twitter for a while and they're not exactly into the idea of erasing mental illness.

I did feel some of the ending was a little abrupt but a least some of that's intentional (there's definitely a feeling of "what the fuck just happened" among the main characters after). The epilogue completely satisfied me and contained some of my favorite conversations in the game as well so it worked well for me in the end.
As someone who has dealt with clinical depression and its disassociative effects my entire life I understood the disassocition long before that and I just dislike how I feel like every depiction of both has to descend into some cosmic significance or pure, exaggerated psychopathy. Not to diminish those who experience that but it's generally more in the line of bi-polar and schizophrenic disorders.

fleck0

I'm behind but wow Abby crushed it in XCom! Would kinda prefer an Xcom 2 playthrough with just her playing and Vinny advising. I was so afraid she wouldn't build the
cybernetics lab

BTA

I've been gradually occasionally relistening to the holiday Beastcasts as I prepare to sleep and I forgot how much Austin's voice/characterization for Cody in the second one is basically just the same as what he does for Snitch Nightly in FatT.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've been gradually occasionally relistening to the holiday Beastcasts as I prepare to sleep and I forgot how much Austin's voice/characterization for Cody in the second one is basically just the same as what he does for Snitch Nightly in FatT.

I've been rewatching Project Beast and is it weird to say that 2015 Austin sounds soooo much younger than 2017 Austin?

BTA

I've been rewatching Project Beast and is it weird to say that 2015 Austin sounds soooo much younger than 2017 Austin?

I just jumped back to an early (so late 2014) FatT episode to check that (since my comparison was mid 2016 to Christmas 2016); I started relistening to the start earlier this year to refresh myself but fell off due to keeping up with the new stuff (alongside other podcasts). I didn't notice then but he does sound younger, yeah.

That being said I'm sure that's true for a lot of people if you really pay attention, hah. I know there's other people I've noticed gradually change over the years if I listen to old podcast clips.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i'm pretty excited for the best fighting game of september

tumblr_o6dlsy6XKp1rvk9zxo1_r1_500.gif

1416022250313.gif

Meguro

Banned
I also like videogames.
I 100%'d Samus Returns and that was pretty good. Now I'm playing Ys 8 and aside from the jank translation I absolutely love it.

I hope we get an older game for this week's playdate if it's not a Blue Bombing. Old fmvs and Sentient esqe things are far more my jam. And while I love Kerbal, there were at least a few of those vids already lol

Is hard mode Samus Returns just a damage modifier or different enemy placement?

Top Bottom