• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Zaph

What returning GB feature would you miss your daughter's first day of school for? Jeff/Vinny ER? RPCG with Dave? Game tapes?

jambo

FEYoGcl.gif

ArjanN

I'm kind of glad I held off on buying PUBG. I understand that people like it because of crazy moments that can happen from time to time, but it just seems incredibly one note. After playing a handful of games, you hit a wall where there is no progression. There are just too many factors in play that you have no control over, so you basically end up repeating the same shit over and over again.

Even with the PUBG feature, I haven't noticed much of a difference between the old ones they did and the newer ones. It took them a few episodes to get up to speed, but after that it's been the same shit every episode: land, grab loot until death (which varies a great deal), repeat. It just feels like throwing shit at a wall until it sticks one day.

Umm it should be noted that just because the Giant Bomb guys aren't really getting better at the game doesn't mean someone else can't. If the GB guys played, say, CounterStrike or a fighting game casuallly like this they wouldn't get past beginner tier either.

Seventy70

Umm it should be noted that just because the Giant Bomb guys aren't really getting better at the game doesn't mean someone else can't. If the GB guys played, say, CounterStrike or a fighting game casuallly like this they wouldn't get past beginner tier either.

True, I guess it's just like any MP game. I just wish they paid more attention to what they were doing wrong and correcting it.

It would be great if developers of MP games would provide the player with more feedback so they could see where they went wrong. That is the hardest part most of the time.

patapuf

Catching up on playdate. Project Beast is def a top 3 GB series for me, I am glad it's one of Vinny's favourites too!

Without irony i'd love them to try other simulators/ survival games or stuff like Ark. Just them trying to reach a self-set goal.

Kerbal is obviously difficult to match because it's educational in addition to being a fun sandbox.

Caught up with TGS shit. Yo, I'm all about ZOE2 VR & that Yoji Shinkawa joint.
cuphead next week, finally, i am so exite
https://youtu.be/v6h1vM9W2NM?t=50

inches

gwI1qfh.jpg

pls
Good news everybody, tonight I dreamed that I was playing Mario Odyssey and it was fucking awesome. Also very weird, no idea why they put some business partners of my dad in the game but that's Nintendo for you.
Dreams are fucking weird

9spB1pJ.jpg

ChVGMI9.gif

I'm fully ready to buy that Mario Odyssy Switch bundle when it goes up on Amazon even though it's kind of a bad deal, but man it's Mario and the joycons are red

$300 system + $60 game + $20 case

It's the price of the individual components together and the joy cons and case are limited in NA, I don't really see how it's a bad deal when it's all stuff you would buy with a switch anyway

BTA

$300 system + $60 game + $20 case

It's the price of the individual components together and the joy cons and case are limited in NA, I don't really see how it's a bad deal when it's all stuff you would buy with a switch anyway

I guess it's a bad deal if you want the game physically, but otherwise it seems fine, yeah.

Particularly if the case is anywhere near as good as the Zelda one. I think that ended up being one of my favorite special/limited edition bonuses ever because I actually constantly use it.

Tunoku

That case is identical to the one you can get for $20. I think the Zelda case is quite a bit larger and can store more cartridges.

daveo42

Banned
So TGS had some okay game announcements? Another ZoE HD release is fine with me as long as they don't fuck it up like last time. At least the PS3 version got patched, unlike the 360.

It's a questionable deal in the sense that I probably wouldn't bother with a case if I were buying it separately, so right now it feels like I'm paying a $20 premium to get a color scheme and the convenience of actually having the Switch in stock at Amazon for once.

I'm cool with the digital download part tho cause I think I'm gonna go all-digital on the Switch.

Jintor

the case is good and you'll thank yourself for having one if you plan to chuck ol' switchy in a bag or some shit

otherwise yeah whatever i guess

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I bought one of these mumba protective sleeves

And a waterfield bag

I'm not taking any chances with my Switch. Don't care how durable it really is, reality will catch up to it sooner or later and it'll fall off the table at just the right angle or something to destroy it.

robotrock

Banned
My Switch has some minor scratches on it that really bugged me but then I realized...I'll probably be trading it in to Gamestop in a year or something once a revision or some new color comes out. I'm just letting it go.

robotrock

Banned
That Spiderman is intimidating as hell, Jesus. I personally think I could take Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland in a fight, but that guy? Nooooope.

Top Bottom