• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

derFeef

Listening to last weeks Bombcast, damn why is Brad so apologetic towards Destiny? He does have criticism, but then he shrugs of a lot of stuff for no real reason other than "eh.. I like it" - or "eh that's just the way it is"

Wunder

Listening to last weeks Bombcast, damn why is Brad so apologetic towards Destiny? He does have criticism, but then he shrugs of a lot of stuff for no real reason other than "eh.. I like it" - or "eh that's just the way it is"

because its his favorite game of all time

oti

Banned
Really hope the Bombcast duders played the Octopath Traveler demo, I'd like to hear their hate reaction to it.

"But it's just another JRPG. You remember those, right? There's not much more to talk about there. Anyway, let's talk about PUBG again for 20 minutes instead."

Wunder

Man I think I have to play D:OS2 co-op, managing 4 characters and moving around attempting to avoid traps and environmental damage every 2 steps is killing me in D:OS1

oti

Banned
Vanilla Sony TGS stream or EZA Sony TGS sream?

I usually go vanilla but these Japanese presentations can be really boring.

Aselith

Oh my God. Every time Dan and Abby go to play together, "oh are we not steam friends? Well, someone else invite her."

Smh

I feel like they're fucking with me at this point.

kiguel182

I’m late to the conversation but I wanted to had my two cents:

Ben has been great in a ton of content (like the E3 stuff). Unfortunately it seems that he as been tasked with handling features on his own (including helping with producing for some reason) when he is inexperienced. He was dealt a rough had. We can’t expect a junior producer to single handedly produce tons of good content. I feel like he could use an engaged Jeff or Brad to help him and push him. They should’ve been doing stuff like Game Tapes where everyone is in and Ben doesn’t have to drive the feature.

Dan was a senior producer and he had Drew with him which helped massively. Ben kinda has no one. Jason tries but they don’t have the chimestry Drew and Dan had.

West is stale and I barely watch their stuff but it isn’t Bens fault. I mean, he likes what he likes and is articulate in the podcast but he can’t spark interesting conversations by himself.

Anyway, that’s my take.

Aselith

I’m late to the conversation but I wanted to had my two cents:

Ben has been great in a ton of content (like the E3 stuff). Unfortunately it seems that he as been tasked with handling features on his own (including helping with producing for some reason) when he is inexperienced. He was dealt a rough had. We can’t expect a junior producer to single handedly produce tons of good content. I feel like he could use an engaged Jeff or Brad to help him and push him. They should’ve been doing stuff like Game Tapes where everyone is in and Ben doesn’t have to drive the feature.

Dan was a senior producer and he had Drew with him which helped massively. Ben kinda has no one. Jason tries but they don’t have the chimestry Drew and Dan had.

West is stale and I barely watch their stuff but it isn’t Bens fault. I mean, he likes what he likes and is articulate in the podcast but he can’t spark interesting conversations by himself.

Anyway, that’s my take.

Who is blaming my beautiful boy, Ben, for content issues? Point him out.

drabnon

but she's a japanese succubus

if I was visited by a succubus with an irish accent, I would break down laughing

I don't know much about the Darkstalkers game but hasn't the character always been from Scotland?

In Darkstalkers games

In the Darkstalkers series, Morrigan is a succubus and the adopted daughter of the demon king Belial of the Aensland House, one of the three major houses of Makai (魔界, lit. "Demon World"), who prophesied her birth in Scotland in the year 1678.

I forgot about Sony's thing. Skimming through it, as a fan of Gungrave, this new Gungrave VR doesn't look too hot. But I'll totally buy ZoE2 again...again. And I want to play Detroit in Japanese.

That, uh, not Armored Core game is potentially interesting.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Maybe it's because I'm not from there, but girls with irish accents are alright by me.

Especially when they have that soft lilt.

pBPwKru.gif

Seems it's classified as survival action, but it has mechs and Armored Core staff? I'm interested to hear more.

I miss Armored Core. Didn't care much for 5 and last I put time into was For Answer.

LEFT ALIVE™ is a brand-new survival action shooter coming to STEAM® in 2018. Veteran developers, Toshifumi Nabeshima (director, Armored Core series), Yoji Shinkawa (character designer, METAL GEAR series), and Takayuki Yanase (mech designer, Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Xenoblade Chronicles X) join forces to create LEFT ALIVE’s dark and gritty world.

Seventy70

I'm kind of glad I held off on buying PUBG. I understand that people like it because of crazy moments that can happen from time to time, but it just seems incredibly one note. After playing a handful of games, you hit a wall where there is no progression. There are just too many factors in play that you have no control over, so you basically end up repeating the same shit over and over again.

Even with the PUBG feature, I haven't noticed much of a difference between the old ones they did and the newer ones. It took them a few episodes to get up to speed, but after that it's been the same shit every episode: land, grab loot until death (which varies a great deal), repeat. It just feels like throwing shit at a wall until it sticks one day.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, like every multiplayer it's usually about the moment to moment dynamism. It looks monotonous but it's something you gotta feel as you play.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Good news everybody, tonight I dreamed that I was playing Mario Odyssey and it was fucking awesome. Also very weird, no idea why they put some business partners of my dad in the game but that's Nintendo for you.
Dreams are fucking weird

That's why Brad is great.
He can absolutely love and adore a game but still acknowledge it's flaws, especially in written reviews.

I realize that that doesn't sound like something that should be rare but I do think it is in this industry

patapuf

I'm kind of glad I held off on buying PUBG. I understand that people like it because of crazy moments that can happen from time to time, but it just seems incredibly one note. After playing a handful of games, you hit a wall where there is no progression. There are just too many factors in play that you have no control over, so you basically end up repeating the same shit over and over again.

Even with the PUBG feature, I haven't noticed much of a difference between the old ones they did and the newer ones. It took them a few episodes to get up to speed, but after that it's been the same shit every episode: land, grab loot until death (which varies a great deal), repeat. It just feels like throwing shit at a wall until it sticks one day.

The game has lots of random factors, but if you actually play for the win and learn the nuances of the game a lot of things that appear "random" to the GB dudes really aren't. Getting shot at from nowhere regularily (and not being able to react) is bad play. Especially in Squads.

After that it's of course a round based competitive MP game. That's inherently reptitive. If getting better/doing well isn't rewarding enough in itself the game is going to get boring.

Maybe it's because I'm not from there, but girls with irish accents are alright by me.

Especially when they have that soft lilt.

half the reason I'm subscribed to eurogamer's youtube channel if because of Aoife Wilson's voice. It's the best accent in the world and no one can convince me otherwise.

Top Bottom