• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

2961584-cp_farkingark_09062017.00_40_05_33.still001.jpg

What the Fark is ARK?
Vinny, Dan, and Abby set off onto a desert island to try and crack the ARK code but they leave with more questions than answers.

justjim89

I've heard the Destiny 2 single player is only like 5 hours. Is it like an MMO where you have to replay missions over and over? Because I hate that shit from a narrative and immersion standpoint.

Ashby

I'd like to give Destiny 2 a shot but I have no friends, I'm playing Mario + Rabbids and Uncharted: TLL right now and Return of Samus is out in a week from Friday.

J_Viper

I've heard the Destiny 2 single player is only like 5 hours. Is it like an MMO where you have to replay missions over and over? Because I hate that shit from a narrative and immersion standpoint.

If you'd not into replaying content, stay far away from Destiny

It's my favorite game for podcasts

Destiny's not for you then. I mean I suppose you can play through the story once, do each strike once, and call it quits. But yeah for dailies and weeklies you're gonna be replaying missions.

justjim89

Destiny's not for you then. I mean I suppose you can play through the story once, do each strike once, and call it quits. But yeah for dailies and weeklies you're gonna be replaying missions.

I guess so. I fell off of ESO: Morrowind hard after I realized the daily quests repeated after a few days. I just don't understand the point of that kinda gameplay. Is like that same kinda clicker mindset that it just makes the numbers go up?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I guess so. I fell off of ESO: Morrowind hard after I realized the daily quests repeated after a few days. I just don't understand the point of that kinda gameplay. Is like that same kinda clicker mindset that it just makes the numbers go up?

Pretty much.

You can always click on heads with more numbers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wow 3 minutes in the destiny 2 ql and i can already see jeff loading his magnum to blow destiny 2 out of the top 10 list

hamchan

If Destiny 2 is lacking content like the vanilla first game then that's a fine reason to knock it off a top 10.

Though there's now the informal rule where everyone can get their personal number 1 on the list, so Brad will get it on.

Liamc723

If Destiny 2 is lacking content like the vanilla first game then that's a fine reason to knock it off a top 10.

Though there's now the informal rule where everyone can get their personal number 1 on the list, so Brad will get it on.

It's definitely not lacking in content.

Antiwhippy

Reviewers just got codes on Monday. The only other experience people had with it was a preview event a month or so ago (not on final game code) where they didn't even get to play the whole game.

Huh alright. I thought they had a review event or something.

Hot take of the night...

I didn't care for the Ark stream but I'm glad it humored them.

I was playing Madden while listening and looking at the stream but idk I didn't laugh much. Mostly just questioned everything going on.

I mean the entire thing looked ok to me from the ql, nothing remarkable. I own the game but haven't tried it yet, waiting for the weekend because I know that's the kind of game you need a deep dive into to get a grasp of whatever it has to offer exactly.

Based on the stuff out there I feel its exactly like the first Destiny. Bullshit included. Nothing I've seen says its not the same ol' boring grind for loot or materials or whatever. More cut scenes? Yay?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd be very okay with Destiny 2 being bad as long as it led to another really good rant from Jeff come deliberations.

Preview of Destiny 2 getting knocked out of top 10

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like Destiny & Division are popular because its an idea that could be huge

but Ifeel like neither of those games are executing it well and I really have my doubts about Anthem

Antiwhippy

I mean they're 2 huge franchises so they're probably doing something right.

For awhile now though I haven't really been into games that are about collecting loot for the sake of loot so I dunno, they just aren't games for me.

And that's fine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean they're 2 huge franchises so they're probably doing something right.

For awhile now though I haven't really been into games that are about collecting loot for the sake of loot so I dunno, they just aren't games for me.

And that's fine.

but they're likely huge because there's a lack of high budget competition in the genre

if something came out of a similar style that was more fleshed out, i bet destiny and division would either have to make an actual sequel or would get drowned out

Division was great, the only major complaint I see levied towards it is that "it literally doesn't consume my life forever and actually ends".

Top Bottom