• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Mr. F

Banned
Ooooh can Beast please do a Luigi's Mansion playthrough... that game is pretty short too...

I adore Luigi's Mansion but its not the most entertaining thing to watch someone play. Super repetitive and all the boss battles are kind of samey.

Ah ok.

I admit I'm a little disappointed we didn't hear Dan's thoughts on Cena and Reigns.

197.gif

I didn't want to be the first person to bring it it up but after Dan made such a big deal about his opinion on Cena/Reigns, only to not talk about it, disappointed me as well.

BTA

Now I'm just thinking about Luigi's Mansion 2 and getting sad.

It's not even bad but distinct levels and all generic ghosts meant getting rid of what was really cool about the first one!!

BTA

Oh, so I finished Tacoma earlier.

It's not really emotionally affective like Gone Home or Firewatch etc. and nothing about the plot was hugely shocking, but I thought it was a cool little sci-fi story and the way they tell it is pretty interesting.

And they do a really good job of making the universe/timeline/whatever it's set in appealing to learn about even if it is largely a dystopia.

Oh, so I finished Tacoma earlier.

It's not really emotionally affective like Gone Home or Firewatch etc. and nothing about the plot was hugely shocking, but I thought it was a cool little sci-fi story and the way they tell it is pretty interesting.

And they do a really good job of making the universe/timeline/whatever it's set in appealing to learn about even if it is largely a dystopia.

Yeah, I thought the same. It just doesn't have the warmth that Gone Home has since Gone Home is more of a personal story while this one just feels cold. I do love the fly on the wall aspect to it all though.

Harpuia

Actually, Xcom 2 is a great game. I was in the camp is being attacked 1st mission, and some absolute bullshit saved my ass. This is sort of on topic because of exquisite corps.

The only three soldiers I had that weren't rookies were 2 snipers and a grenadier. So I couldn't actually cover ground quickly. After creeping slowly to the aliens, I noticed that they've killed a fair amount of civilians. By the time I got to the last group, there were only 4 left and I only rescued 2 so far: the game wants you to save 6.

After lobbing all my grenades, I still ended up with a sectoid at 6 health and a zombie it made. Even after walking up to it and popping it in the face, it still had 2 health left. Well fuck, I thought.

All I had left was a rookie at 28% chance hit. Either the zombie or sectoid are going to kill a civilian, or I'm going to lose a soldier. I've basically accepted the mission being a wash, and had the rookie shoot at the sectoid. I get an achievement pop up called car wreck. So I'm like "what the hell what did I do". Turns out the rookie hit the car, making it blow up for 3 damage. The sectoid dies, and I get mission accomplished. With only the rookie having taken a hit.

Whew. What a game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Has there ever really been a sci fi utopio that is appealing to learn about?

I mean for me there is Yokohoma Kaidashi Kikou but that's not really a utopia per se.

BTA

Has there ever really been a sci fi utopio that is appealing to learn about?

I mean for me there is Yokohoma Kaidashi Kikou but that's not really a utopia per se.

I mean, I wasn't kidding about Tacoma. I sincerely wanted to know at least a few more things about On3 V3in.

EDIT:

Oh, utopia specifically?

This season of Friends at the Table's specifically about one and it's been pretty cool so far, though I keep falling behind.

Antiwhippy

I mean, I wasn't kidding about Tacoma. I sincerely wanted to know at least a few more things about On3 V3in.

EDIT:

Oh, utopia specifically?

This season of Friends at the Table's specifically about one and it's been pretty cool so far, though I keep falling behind.

Nah I'm not really ragging on you or anything, it's just that your comment made me think that we don't really explore sci fi utopias in general when it comes to fiction.

BTA

Nah I'm not really ragging on you or anything, it's just that your comment made me think that we don't really explore sci fi utopias in general when it comes to fiction.

Oh, I didn't think you were; I just totally misread it at first, hah.

EDIT:
I was actually enjoying this panel a lot and then suddenly CoD talk forever. I'm already up later than i wanted to be so I guess I'll just listen to the Q&A bits tomorrow since those can be hard to listen to.

I know it's not technically feasible but I wish they'd let Abby talk about what she'd been playing this year (for some likely Splat 2 and NitW talk) too; the way things spiraled off to CoD to begin with was kinda weird (and also IIRC she plays them too, so it would have been more interesting to hear her take than Jeff and Dan's which are pretty established by now).

I'd like to see them try out Stranded Deep. It's another long-in-the-works early access game. It's essentially Cast Away: The Game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/313120/Stranded_Deep/

Dan and Drew did an Unfinished of it: https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinished-stranded-deep-01-27-2015/2300-9881/

Maybe time for a revisit?

We don't want to work on Stranded Deep forever. If all goes well, we're hoping to have it completed by the end of 2015.

2016 UPDATE: The initial release of Stranded Deep was expected to be finished well before the end of 2015 - add a few more features and wrap it up. However, due to it's success the project expanded way beyond that initial scope and we decided to add more content and features than we had planned due to player feature requests :)

Joeku

Well some are utopias until an outside force acts on them (humanity in Star Trek) or more often something internally happens to go very fucking wrong that reveals it was actually a dystopia the whole time (plenty of 0451 games), surprise! In other terms: some people would think these shitty ideas are utopian, but here's why they're shitty, and fuck them anyway. FWIW I appreciate that a lot of the dystopic tends to have the MC attempting to save a piece of humanity from the brink even if they're working for the bad side. Still a little bit of hope.

Antiwhippy

Well some are utopias until an outside force acts on them (humanity in Star Trek) or more often something internally happens to go very fucking wrong that reveals it was actually a dystopia the whole time (plenty of 0451 games), surprise! In other terms: some people would think these shitty ideas are utopian, but here's why they're shitty, and fuck them anyway. FWIW I appreciate that a lot of the dystopic tends to have the MC attempting to save a piece of humanity from the brink even if they're working for the bad side. Still a little bit of hope.

Yeah but why can't we just be optimistic about the future of humanity really.

LiK

Played a good chunk of the D2 story mode and it's damn good. Some really fantastic levels and combat encounters.

rObit

Banned
Gah, they unlocked the first ep of Steal my Sunshine for non-premiums and I ran across it on YouTube. This is prime GB content right here. I knew in my heart that GB East was killing it but I wasn't pulling the trigger on re-subbing, but fuck if that didn't pull me in. Convenient timing with the premium sale as well!

Now I get to catch up on the other 7 episodes LETS GO.

Joeku

Gah, they unlocked the first ep of Steal my Sunshine for non-premiums and I ran across it on YouTube. This is prime GB content right here. I knew in my heart that GB East was killing it but I wasn't pulling the trigger on re-subbing, but fuck if that didn't pull me in. Convenient timing with the premium sale as well!

Get ready for geometry and acapella and a goodass time.

Raguna

Neo Member

I got round to renewing my subscription yesterday to watch the new upcoming ep of Steal My Sunshine, and then it ended up not happening ;( I hope they do it on Friday though :)

Top Bottom