• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I already see hate for L.A. Noire on my Twitter timeline. I think that game had a few missteps but still found it interesting. I'll probably pick it up.

LiK

RDR code was apparently a mess and very hard to port which is why we haven't seen any remasters/ports. I liked LA Noire but I dunno if I wanna replay it. It was pretty amazing exploring old Hollywood.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
RDR code was apparently a mess and very hard to port which is why we haven't seen any remasters/ports. I liked LA Noire but I dunno if I wanna replay it. It was pretty amazing exploring old Hollywood.

It's too bad that they no longer could bring in the Benz.

derFeef

I never played it, but the VR thing excites me vey much. I always thought some kind of detective game would be perfect for VR.

oti

Banned
I never played it, but the VR thing excites me vey much. I always thought some kind of detective game would be perfect for VR.

Everyone should play L.A. Noire. Even after all these years an Adventure game with such high production values is still unique and the face animations are second to none.

Plus DAN RYCKERT BONUS

Oh man, I've been meaning to collate a favourite games list for awhile now. Guess I might as well do it using giantbomb.
Yeah it's easy to add games and move them around. What are some that'll probably end up on your top 10?
It's a good experience. Not perfect but pretty good.
It's a game I love that I would only recommend with caveats. The core interview mechanic really breaks down and defies its own rules by the end of the game, which can be super frustrating.

bigkrev

I've been waviering on extending my Premium Membership this sale (I'm good through Thanksgiving of this year).

At this point in my life, I don't have time for long playthroughs of things, PUBG is a massive turn-off for me, and UPF has been bad for a long time. The only Premium stuff I watch is Demo Derby, Game Tapes, B-games, and Ranking of Fighters. It's been 3 months since the last Demo Derby, 4 months since the last B-game, a YEAR since Game Tapes, and 9 months since the last Ranking of Fighters.

At this point, the only thing I'm getting out of my premium membership is the ad-free Podcasts, and I'm not sure that's worth $35/year to me. I'm used to paying $12/year for that on Patreon.

Mr. F

Banned
I remember being really disappointed that the
homicide plot wasn't more involved, you're in and out so fast despite the marketing making it look like the dahlia murders were the main focus of the game.

That and moving on to arson (iirc) was such a fucking anticlimax.

i will 100% play LA Noire again

i left my pc at home because i'm doing a semester in washington and it's crazy how much i miss video games. way more than i expected

I was always frustrated when I picked the "doubt" option thinking the dude would express some slight uncertainty about the suspect's story and then he's all "YOU LYING MURDERING FUCK"

Antiwhippy

Yeah it's easy to add games and move them around. What are some that'll probably end up on your top 10?

Hmm, other than the top 3 I don't really have anything super solid which is kinda why I want to put it on the list, and even then there a few that I'll probably swap in and out which is why it'll be good to have something more solid than just a general thing in my head.

Right now it's God Hand, Ico, Nier Automata, Persona 3, Dark Souls, STALKER: SOC, Spacechem, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+, Dustforce, Pokemon Crystal.

Other than the top 3 though nothing super solid.

i would like to play la noire someday since i generally enjoy rockstar games. sure, i'll get a switch anyway sometime in the future.

also, i've never played pubg and probably won't this year, but i still think excluding it from goty discussions would be dumb as hell.

so destiny 2. jeff and brad will definitely do the first raid again for a stream. if dan and abby stick with the game, i can see them joining. that'll be the kind of shitshow i pay giant bomb for.

def sim

I wonder if they'll rename the choices so they're more inline with how the player character reacts. If I remember right, "doubt" was originally "force."

LiK

I was always frustrated when I picked the "doubt" option thinking the dude would express some slight uncertainty about the suspect's story and then he's all "YOU LYING MURDERING FUCK"

They screwed up that term. Apparently, it was something different and more accurate before release (I forget what it was) and they settled on Doubt. No idea what they were thinking.

Edit:

I wonder if they'll rename the choices so they're more inline with how the player character reacts. If I remember right, "doubt" was originally "force."

That's what it was.

Mr. F

Banned
I thought it was "press"? Not that it matters. Weird decision either way when all your performances are in line with a different tone

Hindl

Yeah we'll never see RDR leave PS360 unfortunately. At least MS got it working on XB1 back compat

LA Noire was ass, so much squandered potential. It could've been good too but they decided to steer the story straight into the rocks and retroactively make all your work mean jack fucking shit. Don't play it if you haven't already, save yourself the disappointment of that terrible goddamn story. It's a detective game that doesn't actually let you, the player, figure out a goddamn thing.

LiK

LA Noire was ass, so much squandered potential. It could've been good too but they decided to steer the story straight into the rocks and retroactively make all your work mean jack fucking shit. Don't play it if you haven't already, save yourself the disappointment of that terrible goddamn story.

I thought the story had some pretty cool moments. The ending def gave me mixed feelings but I felt it worked for the genre they were going for after thinking about it. The DLC wasn't so bad either.

The homages to classic film noir alone makes LA Noire worth playing. The game's problems are well documented but if you know what you're getting into it's a truly unique experience.

LA Noire is perfectly imperfect... so many things are poorly executed in it but the moment-to-moment crime stuff is just great to me. I want more AAA detective games like that

Salarians

destiny12characterjmu1g.jpg

🤔

LiK

Luckily danganronpa V3 is coming out soon!

NISA Store CSR is so fucking shitty. I want to update my CC info for payment with my preorder. Emailed them about it and they never replied. They sent out an email this week for people to request update to payment before shipping. I followed the directions and it's been over 24 hours and still no reply. Garbage.

listening to the pax panel and of course Jeff likes original metroid over super metroid. ooooof course he does.

Because he beat Super Metroid in a day and was like "that's it?" and never updated that opinion ever because that's not a thing that Jeff does

I've heard him tell that SM story like half a dozen times.

Antiwhippy

NISA Store CSR is so fucking shitty. I want to update my CC info for payment with my preorder. Emailed them about it and they never replied. They sent out an email this week for people to request update to payment before shipping. I followed the directions and it's been over 24 hours and still no reply. Garbage.

For the collectors edition?

I'm just going to buy digital off PSN.

Top Bottom