• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

strafer

destiny12characterjmu1g.jpg

🤔

looks like Mass Effect

BTA

The people in front of me on this train are talking about PAX and sometimes I forget the reality of tens of thousands of people going to a thing that's in this city.

destiny12characterjmu1g.jpg

🤔

I always thought the Destiny CC looked great in the CC but the characters looked awful in game because of the difference in lighting. I had to remake my female human hunter like 12 times because of it.

All my characters look great in D2, but Awoken and Exo are better than humans anyway.

BTA

Can't wait to be playing a new game on my vita in 2017. Feels weird!

I was about to say I think I've actually played more on my Vita than PS4 this year but than I remembered Persona 5 exists.

I've played a lot on my Vita lately, though; admittedly that's mostly visual novels, but still. Meanwhile my 3DS is dusty. I meant to start using Miitopia as a commute game but then I started playing Layton Brothers on my phone and actually reading books again, so that hasn't happened.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ooh, I've been interested in that; lemme know what you think!

Hmm, might not get to it soon. Just because I buy things doesn't mean that I'll play them immediately. :p

I'll probably get to it once I'm done with Subahibi.

LA Noire is a weird good time. Its decisions in gameplay make about as much sense as Cole's frequent random flipping out accusations during interrogations, but they're also just as charming.

I can't wait to take Cole's bizarre victim shaming and off-the-cuff child molestation accusing jackassery with me on the go.

EDIT:

Finally getting around to the PAX West Panel. I didn't realize there was such high love of Nier among the Bomb crew. I couldn't get past half-way through the A before just watching a playthrough online instead. I think I've finally gotten sick of Platinum's current combat template and bullet-hell does nothing for me. :(

But it won't be the first time Giant Bomb picks don't align with my own. I liked Doom, but never loved it, and really never got into Hitman, Mario Maker, or even MGS 5 (although I loved all the previous MGS titles).

sub_o

LA Noire is not a great game, but enjoyable for the TV show-like format, and the immersion of walking around LA.

I hope this remaster is Rockstar checking out market reaction, before deciding to develop the sequel.

pizzacat

Banned
Ooh, I've been interested in that; lemme know what you think!

In terms of OELVNs, though, my friend's been raving about The Letter so I'll probably play that after V3.
I was watching a streamer play that and he had to cut it off because a character says the n word

That character is a pos but still some warning

BTA

I was watching a streamer play that and he had to cut it off because a character says the n word

That character is a pos but still some warning

Tokyo Dark or The Letter?

If it's the latter, said friend isn't white so I reasonably expect that to be handled ok in the end, assuming they actually encountered that in their playthrough (and, I mean, I'd highly trust that friend's judgement and taste regardless, but still).

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I have come to the conclusion that Kingdom Heartache could be an A+ series if Ben got at least one other permanent duder. Changing every episode just doesn't work very well.

I have come to the conclusion that Kingdom Heartache could be an A+ series if Ben got at least one other permanent duder. Changing every episode just doesn't work very well.

I love Ben but some guests work better than others and Kingdom Hearts 1 has not aged well at all. It'd be better if you had someone actually enthusiastic about the series with him to counteract Ben's general confusion. Right now it's a somewhat interested person playing a beloved game that no longer plays great accompanied by a person who doesn't know why they're even there in the first place.

Mr. F

Banned

I fell off after the gimmick made itself known. I don't care about KH enough and the joke doesn't really sustain itself imo

oti

Banned
I hope Ben will come up with a feature that I like. So far it's been 👎👎/2.

killroy87

I hope Ben will come up with a feature that I like. So far it's been 👎👎/2.

Didn't help that the DOTA one just appeared and they didn't intro the feature, explain the idea, or provide any context for people who might not already be fans. I've only seen the first episode, but I was pretty turned off right away.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I love Ben but some guests work better than others and Kingdom Hearts 1 has not aged well at all. It'd be better if you had someone actually enthusiastic about the series with him to counteract Ben's general confusion. Right now it's a somewhat interested person playing a beloved game that no longer plays great accompanied by a person who doesn't know why they're even there in the first place.

That's the biggest problem.
Those series are always way more fun to watch if the guys actually give a shit about the story and the characters, even if they don't like them (see Deadly Premonition). By coming in 4 episodes late Jason (for example) has no idea what's going on and knows that he might be back in 5 weeks so of course he doesn't really care. Persona 4 wouldn't have worked if only they had rotated every week.

I actually think Ben is doing a pretty good job but the gimmick is more hindering than helping.

killroy87

East has just been on a way, way bigger role with their reoccurring content. Dan continues to shit solid gold with Steal My Sunshine, and whoever thought up Exquisite Corps (I assume Vinny) was brilliant. The battle reports are hilarious, and it might be the first GB show with some sort of actual production value!

To be fair, the East crew also just seems more game to actually play a long with a schtick (like the betting in Sunshine, or battle reports). I feel like the idea of Jeff unironically doing a funny battle report for XCOM is way beyond anything he'd be willing to do. He'd instantly hear the idea and go "nah".

That's the biggest problem.
Those series are always way more fun to watch if the guys actually give a shit about the story and the characters, even if they don't like them (see Deadly Premonition). By coming in 4 episodes late Jason (for example) has no idea what's going on and knows that he might be back in 5 weeks so of course he doesn't really care. Persona 4 wouldn't have worked if only they had rotated every week.

I actually think Ben is doing a pretty good job but the gimmick is more hindering than helping.

Yup! We need an endurance run here. Or maybe end the feature and replace it with a P5 endurance run with Brad.

East has just been on a way, way bigger role with their reoccurring content. Dan continues to shit solid gold with Steal My Sunshine, and whoever thought up Exquisite Corps (I assume Vinny) was brilliant. The battle reports are hilarious, and it might be the first GB show with some sort of actual production value!

Abby spoke on other podcasts that, while she appreciated the general impromptu nature of most GB content, she really wanted to do more scripted production work. I wouldn't be surprised if she played a big role in helping spruce Exquisite Corps up.

LA Noire is boring and dumb

That's my expertly crafted opinion

Yeah.

Dumb game crafted around a novel, but very flawed, mechanic. Really lousy player character and boring/very dead open world.
and playing a much more interesting/relatable character at the very end just underscored how much I disliked the Cole's whole story.

Ultimately regretted spending as much time as I did for that game.

I really, really liked LA Noire for 2-3 hours.

Yep.

oti

Banned
Didn't help that the DOTA one just appeared and they didn't intro the feature, explain the idea, or provide any context for people who might not already be fans. I've only seen the first episode, but I was pretty turned off right away.

I don't care for Dota so that's not on him. I do believe though that Jeff could make even Dota entertaining. But Ben isn't Jeff.

Kingdom Hearts I do like. But Ben's ideas ruin the potential of this feature. If bad jokes and lame gimmicks is what Ben wants to add to GB, I'm out.

Even without Dota, that comedy podcast and Kingdom Heartache I feel pretty good about the current status of GB though. I just wish Ben would stop making bad jokes all the time.

I don't care for Dota so that's not on him. I do believe though that Jeff could make even Dota entertaining. But Ben isn't Jeff.

Kingdom Hearts I do like. But Ben's ideas ruin the potential of this feature. If bad jokes and lame gimmicks is what Ben wants to add to GB, I'm out.

Even without Dota, that comedy podcast and Kingdom Heartache I feel pretty good about the current status of GB though. I just wish Ben would stop making bad jokes all the time.

I love Ben's dumb jokes and hope he never stops making them.

LiK

I haven't watched any of it yet but it seems like it's more like a jokey segment than actually playing the game and reacting naturally to what is going on?

Top Bottom