• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

patapuf

Yeah but why can't we just be optimistic about the future of humanity really.

There's something about old "sci fi" like Jules Vernes wrote where it's just about adventure and making cool tech work.

The first Mass Effect had that kind of vibe. Though it's no utopia.

Zeroro

Unlocking episode 1 of SMS was a good call. I think unlocking the Prologue episode of TEC would serve them doubly well.

Stoze

every game going for that "it's a shooter but also an MMO sorta" thing feels like they're about a tenth of the scale that they need to be
And I don't think they'll ever reach that unless they're 100% committed to only adding onto the base game and not making a brand new one every few years.

hamchan

The bosses are much more tedious in Kiwami than 0.

Dan's sighing while playing the game might actually be justified if he were fighting these Kiwami bosses.

Tubobutts

The bosses are much more tedious in Kiwami than 0.

Dan's sighing while playing the game might actually be justified if he were fighting these Kiwami bosses.
Yep, the first boss gave me more trouble than anything in 0.

I felt like I was turning into a Dan.

I toured the office I'm starting at in three weeks and discovered that I am going to be working with German Vinny.

marcus.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dan spent 10 hours in a Buffalo Wild wings and he had to ASK for a shirt instead of them just handing one out immediately?

I'm excited to finally play Destiny now that it's coming to PC, so I decided to watch the Destiny 2 QL as soon I got off work.

I had forgotten that Destiny might be one of the most boring games to watch someone else play. I feel like I just wasted half an hour. I don't know what it is. It's a good game, they like the game, and I want to play the game, but I just get nothing out of their Destiny videos.

Xater

I have played way too much Destiny, but after the beta of Destiny 2 and the QL I am still not sold on the sequel. 😕

oti

Banned
I have played way too much Destiny, but after the beta of Destiny 2 and the QL I am still not sold on the sequel. 😕
It's better than Destiny in every way so far. No idea about the end game grind. I'm still in the story.

Well This is a hell of a year

so I would say it stands a tiny chance, if Abby/Vinny/Jeff/Dan like it enough and PUBG is disqualified.

Watch the Quick Look again- Jeff's already limbering up to take shots at it for GOTY. You need to be asking if it will make it into the Top 10 at all, not if it will get #1.

oti

Banned
Destiny made the lost, despite it being a mess.
Destiny 2 will absolutely make the list. Brad loves it. Jeff and Abby play it. Dan wanted to check it out as well I think. But not #1. That's just crazy.

Destiny made the lost, despite it being a mess.
Destiny 2 will absolutely make the list. Brad loves it. Jeff and Abby play it. Dan wanted to check it out as well I think. But not #1. That's just crazy.

ya'll doubted me last year when I said HItman would beat out doom

Even when I made the goty thread with the prophetic 'hitman take out that doom marine' title ya'll thought I was crazy

WELL BREEZY IS GOING FOR TWO IN A ROW

Meguro

Banned
Dan likes it a lot, Brad likes it a lot, Abby likes it.
Jeff hated INSIDE and look where that made it. Food for thought.

oti

Banned
ya'll doubted me last year when I said HItman would beat out doom

Even when I made the goty thread with the prophetic 'hitman take out that doom marine' title ya'll thought I was crazy

WELL BREEZY IS GOING FOR TWO IN A ROW

Excuse me? I was the President of the #NODOOMGOTY campaign. Which was very successful, thank you.

I'm looking forward to a similarly successful #NOPUBGGOTY campaign in 2017.

Dan likes it a lot, Brad likes it a lot, Abby likes it.
Jeff hated INSIDE and look where that made it. Food for thought.

And it beat out Titanfall!

Think about that. Jeff was DESTROYED at the betrayal. He thought he was getting Titanfall 2 on the list and then Inside came out of no where and landed as #5! It was insanity! The look on Jeffs face was one of confusion!

kiguel182

Instead of buying Destiny I'm subbing to one month of WoW.

The numbers go up and it's a good game to watch stuff in the background. win-win.

I really liked Destiny but I have no desire to get the second one. Weird.

oti

Banned
But is it better enough? I am just not sure from what I have played and seen.
🤷*♂️

The story is very clear from the start. Here's your antagonist. Here's why you hate him. Now go and shoot some stuff.

The light level thing is surfaced way better this time. Missions tell you to be at least light level X.

You don't have to travel to the god damn tower after every mission anymore.

I like the new zones. They are more dense than in Destiny 1. And public events are everywhere.

If you want a more in-depth look at Destiny 2 I'd say go to the OT. I'm more of a casual fan. I'm not the biggest shooter fan but I really like Destiny. I don't think I'll play another shooter for years after this.

Xater

🤷*♂️

The story is very clear from the start. Here's your antagonist. Here's why you hate him. Now go and shoot some stuff.

The light level thing is surfaced way better this time. Missions tell you to be at least light level X.

You don't have to travel to the god damn tower after every mission anymore.

I like the new zones. They are more dense than in Destiny 1. And public events are everywhere.

If you want a more in-depth look at Destiny 2 I'd say go to the OT. I'm more of a casual fan. I'm not the biggest shooter fan but I really like Destiny. I don't think I'll play another shooter for years after this.

Those things are nice to have, but really don't touch on my main Destiny complaints. Most of them are about the end game though. I guess I'll hear more than enough about that once the PC version is out anyway. That's the version I would get.

I wonder why they decided to make the fighting in Kiwami suck compared to 0.

It's a mystery. I also feel like the fighting lost something in getting rid of the metagame of getting higher rewards for finishing off enemies in certain ways. Now I don't care so it's a lot more tempting to mash through random encounters. Overall I think Kiwami is just kind of mediocre, whereas I loved 0. It's a great case study in how much game design and narrative design matters, because mechanically it's the exact same game, but it's just much worse overall.

Meguro

Banned
I played through Yakuza 1 last year and did not enjoy it so that all lines up, gameplay and graphics improvements not withstanding.
The narrative just isn't good! Kiryu is a boring protagonist in 1!

Top Bottom