• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

You'll need binoculars and to find a bush or tree outside his house then.

I think Dan suggested the idea of a This is the Run for it though.

How would you do a TitR for Cuphead, though? It can't possibly operate on the same "continues and credits" mechanics as something like Contra.

Wunder

Mgn95Bo.jpg

I hope Vinny gets to show off more of that learning AI stuff, sounded cool.

Whoyouare

I think their blind drstiny 2 raid run is gonna be gold. Jeff is gonna get so bent outta shape it's gonna be priceless.

However, since brad has already completed the raid I am sure he is going to give hints. I hope not because this could be hours of fun.

Lari

I've never understood the love for Blade Runner outside of how it looks. In other areas it might as well be Strange Days.

Yes exactly!
I didn't hate the film... it was certainly alright. But I don't see why people hold it in such high regard.

Aesthetics was very cool tho, i'll give it that.

Bacon

I think an obvious difference that is pretty immediately apparent is the fact that when we were all clamoring for dan to play super Mario sunshine, the east guys found a way to make it happen. If it was the west they would not only not do that feature, but also complain that people pressuring them makes them "not want to do something".

Whoyouare

I think an obvious difference that is pretty immediately apparent is the fact that when we were all clamoring for dan to play super Mario sunshine, the east guys found a way to make it happen. If it was the west they would not only not do that feature, but also complain that people pressuring them makes them "not want to do something".

Well, the west is the "old guard" and more stuck in their ways I would imagine. East has a ton of new blood. They want to stretch their wings. The only problem I have with the east crew is it feels like dan or Abby are just waiting for the next career step and will bail when opportunity rises.

Hasney

How would you do a TitR for Cuphead, though? It can't possibly operate on the same "continues and credits" mechanics as something like Contra.

Not sure. You could put some parameters around it though, but maybe they know something we don't mode wise.

They played every single Mario Party. For 50 turns. I don't think this is based in fact.

oti

Banned

That's a pretty good way to put it.

I mean, Jeff doesn't want to go through with his NES games idea because there other people doing the same thing already on the Internet. Does he think we care? We don't care others have already played though Mario Sunshine hundreds of times. Why would we care that someone has catalogued all NES games before? Dan doesn't care, he just wants to have fun. The fact that Jeff doesn't want to do something that is very clearly right up his alley is tragic and bothersome.

Mr. F

Banned
Well, the west is the "old guard" and more stuck in their ways I would imagine. East has a ton of new blood. They want to stretch their wings. The only problem I have with the east crew is it feels like dan or Abby are just waiting for the next career step and will bail when opportunity rises.

You already have that feeling about Abby? She's barely started lol. I think Jeff expressed wanting to be careful with future hires for that reason, I got the sense he was kind of low key pissed about Austin

I think Dan loves his job too much to really move to something else (even a WWE job like people joke about), but if anybody's leaving Giant Bomb any time soon, it's totally Abby

kingocfs

You must have missed them playing Mario Party for like, 3 years.

Zaph

The Raid also bumped a VRodeo apparently...

Man oh man, reading that thread about the guy not getting a job at 343 over some forum posts.

Talking shit is talking shit, the medium is irrelevant.

If anything, the gaming industry is too lenient with employee's social media. Most industries have way stricter guidelines

Aselith

Abby will head to Twitch when they begin producing original content

The Unbreakable Abby Russell

She's on the Janina train now. Hollywood or bust! They're going to do a buddy cop show together but they'll flip the script. Abby will be the straight one and Janina will be the loose cannon that won't play the rules (I WANT YOUR BADGE AND YOUR GUN)

It will be terrible and get cancelled. Old Man Sheldon will be produced to take its place

BTA

Meeting at work (which was helpful and necessary, to be fair) ran long so I'm already getting home an hour late due to trains. Then suddenly my Apple Watch had its face pop up, which is... not something I expected to see.

I just want to retreat into pizza and V3 and frights already.

At least it seems like the watch might be under warranty if it's due to battery swelling. There's an Apple Store within walking distance of my apartment but there's no appointments till tomorrow so I won't know till then.

Salarians

I played that Fortnite's PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

I floated around for a while, landed on a farmhouse, stole some guns and first aid off a dead person, locked myself in a room for fifteen minutes then got shot while fleeing the blue wall

9th
Gamespot giving Kevin VanOrd's game a 10...hmmmmmm
#FollowTheMoney

BTA

You already have that feeling about Abby? She's barely started lol. I think Jeff expressed wanting to be careful with future hires for that reason, I got the sense he was kind of low key pissed about Austin

I think that's a sorta weird fanfic-ish way to say "probably slightly annoyed about how it affected plans for expansion but happy for his success", but sure.

Beyond that I think it's really weird to expect someone to leave so soon! Abby's great but (and I'm saying this as someone working their first real job after college in an associate position) is working her first real job after college in an associate position. GB was definitely Austin's big break for a lot of people, and a steady writing job and a platform that big is really important, but he'd also written great stuff while freelancing for years prior and his curation of freelancers while at GB is likely what made him get noticed beyond that. It's not like Waypoint is a thing just cause he was a cool dude at GB that Vice wanted to snipe for that reason alone, or something.

I'm not expecting anyone to be around forever but I think Austin's case is an unusual one.

New feature is great, but it highlighted that PT stops being interesting when it gets too weird. It's a lot of 'so what do I do now?' rather than being creepy.

The fact it was martyred makes the overbearing love for it even worse. Like, Amnesia did it better years ago m8.

Hasney

Amnesia did nothing better than PT. And that discovery was amazing.

Even before the Kojima stuff happened, it was absolutely mindblowing. But just a shadowdrop from a Gamescom conference that was billed as a demo to an indie game unravelling to what it became is one of my favourite moments in gaming ever.

Sure it's a bummer we'll never see what it was hyping, but on it's own, PT is just such treasure.

Also let's not fucking even start debating when Abby will leave. My heart can't take it.
Amnesia did nothing better than PT. And that discovery was amazing.

It was consistently scarier and had puzzles that were satisfying and not frustrating.

PT has nothing on Amensia. It's at best half a good demo. Amnesia is one of the greatest horror games ever.

New feature is great, but it highlighted that PT stops being interesting when it gets too weird. It's a lot of 'so what do I do now?' rather than being creepy.

The fact it was martyred makes the overbearing love for it even worse. Like, Amnesia did it better years ago m8.

It was designed with a "million monkeys on a million typewriters producing Shakespeare" idea in mind so that the ending wouldn't be given away immediately. That's not how it ended up playing out, but still.

I'd have to guess that Silent Hills would've ended up having more rational puzzles.

BTA

V3 voice pack with PSN download speeds (and Vita not recognizing our 5G network?) means I'm waiting another 30 minutes to play, so I've lost an hour and a half today overall.

weeb life is suffering

guess I'll get scared while I wait

Also let's not fucking even start debating when Abby will leave. My heart can't take it.

It's really not a thing even worth talking about. The constant leaving jokes already give me some anxiety every time there's a big event.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Austin will be back by the time Abby leaves next year when vice realized there's no money in video game daddies articles written by anyone other than Griffin McElroy who will be Abby new employer

Ninja Gaiden.

It's a Vinny feature, it needs to be East.

Freedom Fighters is still some of the best GB content ever produced.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Wish GB West would do a LoLS for Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay since I feel like I hear Brad/Jeff say how good that game was like every 6-12 months...

Top Bottom