• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Harpuia

I like Ben, he works supremely well with Abby if their E3 and Department of New Business podcasts are anything to go off of. Which is why the dota and KH features feel a little lacking. He needs someone to banter with.

The dota streams are a little boring for the viewer who isn't familiar with Dota (and the ones who are intimately familiar with dota, I bet), because it's just Ben and Brad going back to back talking about the game on a level not accessible to most people.

KHeartache suffers from the fact that Ben doesn't have the same guest every time. As a result it feels a little purposeless, and the only connecting thread between the episodes is the game. KH is not exactly the most interesting game in the world; at least not the first one.

Depending on how the Abby/Ben KH episode goes, I'll bet that it's probably going to be one of the series better episodes.

WIg058A.jpg
Aww Yiss.

Demo Derby needs to go east! Would be awesome with Vinny and Alex. Plus Abby probably hasn’t played most of those games
I've been saying this the past few threads. I NEED IT.

BTA

Demo and Game Tapes still baffle me because (Game Tapes especially) they seem pretty low impact from a production standpoint, as well as theoretically scratching the old/weird game industry culture stuff that would get West actually excited to be there.

As for new stuff, I don't even know really - part of me thinks thats just a line to placate people. I'm sure they do have ideas on the backburner but its become abundantly clear that West is the business end of the site and that sucks a lot of time up. That and the energy doesn't seem to be there in general

Didn't Drew preview/prerecord everything for Game Tapes? That could be why we haven't seen it.

Wunder

Didn't Drew preview/prerecord everything for Game Tapes? That could be why we haven't seen it.

They recorded everything and uploaded them as raw b-roll after the fact I think, I'm also not sure who went out and found the footage for the episodes.

BTA

They recorded everything and uploaded them as raw b-roll after the fact I think, I'm also not sure who went out and found the footage for the episodes.

My understanding was that Jeff got them and then Drew recorded them in advance so they could switch to that if the tape had a problem while they were recording the episode.

That might have only been the first few though.

Lunar FC

Catching up on Bombcasts today and I find it unusual that Jeff would talk about his wife's biopsy openly. He is usually incredible reserved about his private life. Glad everything turned out to be fine, just found it strange.

kiguel182

I don't know what this says about the state of the website but I'll definitely see the episodes of Kingdom Hearts with the Beast crew.

Also, the last Bombcast was rough. More PUBG talk, Destiny talk and it was all really bland. I don't know, I don't get anything out of it.

oti

Banned
I bought Pop Tarts once from the international section in the supermarket. I think it was plain chocolate. Tasted super artificial but eh. It's trash. But I kinda knew what I was getting myself into.

I want to try Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts.

I only eat Pop Tarts as a "I have to get out quick in the morning but I also got to eat something that's better than nothing". I don't even toast them. This usually happens when I'm out of fruit and forget to buy more.

oti

Banned
I now have reached the Destiny 2 mission they played in the QL and that female AI is BY FAR the worst thing about this game so far. The way the tone suddenly changes from "WE'RE ALL DOOMED!" to quirky AI plus that meme robot guy makes me think the writers were drunk when they came up with that.

I don't know what this says about the state of the website but I'll definitely see the episodes of Kingdom Hearts with the Beast crew.

Also, the last Bombcast was rough. More PUBG talk, Destiny talk and it was all really bland. I don't know, I don't get anything out of it.
Fog update coming next week means pubg fog talk next week.

I now have reached the Destiny 2 mission they played in the QL and that female AI is BY FAR the worst thing about this game so far. The way the tone suddenly changes from "WE'RE ALL DOOMED!" to quirky AI plus that meme robot guy makes me think the writers were drunk when they came up with that.

So what you're telling me is that it was a bad spot for a QL?

oti

Banned
So what you're telling me is that it was a bad spot for a QL?

No. I'm telling you that it's just as bad as the QL made it out to be. I'd say the spot was a good as any. Every mission in Destiny is basically the same anyway. It's just the (very pretty) decor that changes.

i said it after the vr playdate

full playthrough of re7 in vr with abby and vinny

that game's under 10 hours, right? they can just pick up where they left off last time! hour-long episodes should make for a good 7-8 episode weekly mini series. an hour a week should also make it so abby doesn't die of stress!

kiguel182

Fog update coming next week means pubg fog talk next week.

The Bombast feels like Raw to me. When I watched Raw at least. Something I do out of habit but get nothing from.

I start a new job (My first post college job actually) after next week so I'm curious how Giant Bomb will fit in my new life.

TraBuch

Banned
My only memory of Kingdom Hearts was spending a lot of time in Neverland farming lots and lots of exp so I could finally beat Sephiroth.

Harpuia

Alex is a hero for putting XCorps back on the rails. I look forward to Dan killing Austin next episode.

I'm getting my XCOM legs back with XCOM 2, and his playstyle is arguably the "right" way to play the game. There's no time limit, and pushing ahead blindly is a fool's errand, because it'll just get your soldiers in a bad position and inevitably picked off.

It's right, at least until they get more soldiers and their range of options increase.

I'm getting my XCOM legs back with XCOM 2, and his playstyle is arguably the "right" way to play the game. There's no time limit, and pushing ahead blindly is a fool's errand, because it'll just get your soldiers in a bad position and inevitably picked off.

It's right, at least until they get more soldiers and their range of options increase.

This is XCOM 101 for a lot of people.

So, I was thinking....

Why is there not a podcast on this damned site called "Benny and the Jeffs?

Benny and the Jeffs #0001
Ben, Jeff, and our first "Guest Jeff," Jeff Green convene to talk about great PC games they played before Ben was born.

There are many other "Guest Jeffs" they could bring in before they resort to an "honorary Jeff" - Geoff Keighley

Someone call a meeting and make this happen!

TraBuch

Banned
So, I was thinking....

Why is there not a podcast on this damned site called "Benny and the Jeffs?

Benny and the Jeffs #0001
Ben, Jeff, and our first "Guest Jeff," Jeff Green convene to talk about great PC games they played before Ben was born.

There are many other "Guest Jeffs" they could bring in before they resort to an "honorary Jeff" - Geoff Keighley

Someone call a meeting and make this happen!
That would require bringing in guests from places other than Gamespot.

I enjoyed Department of New Business. Are they done with that? I remember a bit ago Ben said something about some video thing with Abby.

BTA

I enjoyed Department of New Business. Are they done with that? I remember a bit ago Ben said something about some video thing with Abby.

There should have been one yesterday so it might just be a PAX-related delay.

I'm assuming that "video thing" (knowing no other details) is that Kingdom Heartache episode.

Top Bottom