• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

- J - D -

I wonder if the crew knew that there would be coast vs. coast tribalism among its fanbase when the decision was first made to establish GB East.

Lunar FC

They are both good!

And tomorrow they join forces to bring us the potentially best crossover stream since Giant Rom Game Jom.

I'm waiting for the PC version so idk if I'm going to tune in. 😬

Raids have never been my favorite part of Destiny though so I might just watch anyway.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kinda wish it wasn't in place of sunshine but I am actually looking forward to the raid stream.

It's not something I would ever do and watching them playing together in something that is not PUBG should be fun.

- J - D -

I'm waiting for the PC version so idk if I'm going to tune in. ��

Raids have never been my favorite part of Destiny though so I might just watch anyway.

Aww. I'm also waiting for the pc version but I don't mind raid spoilers.

I'm also not really a fan of the raids. I think strikes and nightfalls are almost as fun but are far more manageable.

In any case, I always love crossover GB streams.

I kinda wish it wasn't in place of sunshine but I am actually looking forward to the raid stream.

It's not something I would ever do and watching them playing together in something that is not PUBG should be fun.

Me too! Helps that I really have no time to actually play Destiny 2, so this will be effectively playing it for me.

- J - D -

Someone here mentioned that they felt like GB was merely a stepping stone for Dan and Abby on their way to bigger things, but I hope that's not simply the case because I'd like them to stay for a while.

This might sound silly, but when Austin announced he was leaving GB, it really ruined E3 week for me, and the week after that.

Wunder

Someone here mentioned that they felt like GB was merely a stepping stone for Dan and Abby on their way to bigger things, but I hope that's not simply the case because I'd like them to stay for a while.

This might sound silly, but when Austin announced he was leaving GB, it really ruined E3 week for me, and the week after that.

Didn't he announce it at the end? I think Dan is pretty happy at GB, all he wants to do is play and talk about games. He might leave if he got hired by WWE or something but I find it hard to see him leaving for another games website. Abby is the only one I could see who might get a little bored and/or popular enough to get an offer from another place.

- J - D -

Didn't he announce it at the end? I think Dan is pretty happy at GB, all he wants to do is play and talk about games. He might leave if he got hired by WWE or something but I find it hard to see him leaving for another games website. Abby is the only one I could see who might get a little bored and/or popular enough to get an offer from another place.

Yeah on the final night of GB's E3 week Austin announced his departure. I should've been more clear I meant for me it retroactively ruined the fun and good times of E3 as a whole.

It's like the moment your family are done with Disney World, as you walk to the parking lot your parents take you aside and tell you that they're getting a divorce.

In any case, it's a testament to how good GB are at finding new people who immediately feel like they've been there forever.

Antiwhippy

I hope she stays for awhile too, for a long time hopefully, but when you're young you gotta stay hungry y'know? I won't begrudge her for climbing up like austin did.

In some ways it was kinda amazing that drew stayed on for 8 years. That's a long time at a single company at that age.

Megasoum

Banned
does it get better? I watched the first ep and found it kind of unfunny

I think so.

At first glance it just look like a dumb parody of Serial or Making a Murderer but I feel like they go much deeper. Yeah it has a lot of dumb dick jokes but at the same time it's really smart?

- J - D -

I hope she stays for awhile too, for a long time hopefully, but when you're young you gotta stay hungry y'know? I won't begrudge her for climbing up like austin did.

In some ways it was kinda amazing that drew stayed on for 8 years. That's a long time at a single company at that age.

Yeah I mean, I'd be super happy that they found success even if it meant they found it elsewhere.

8 years of Drew and he was getting better each year. MGScanlon was so good. SO GOOD. Plus Flight Club was awesome.

Acorn

Man, Bens voice cuts right through me. He sounds like the Goonies guy sometimes, I feel bad because he's alright apart from tryhard jokes. Lol

BTA

I'm gonna again point out (now blearily at 2 AM so this might be a little blunt) that Austin's in his 30s and wrote some excellent things pre-GB, not to mention started curating freelance work while at GB in a notable way. He was not in the field for a super long time but he was also studying games academically as well.

Abby is working her first job out of college (and again I say this as someone doing the same, not as an insult or something); I don't think she's exactly eager to switch jobs or going to get sniped just for being funny anytime soon.

it's weird to think any new hire would leave ASAP and be able to immediately climb up somewhere else just because of him leaving after a year for a very unusual once in a lifetime opprotunity; Patrick is probably the more reasonable comparison due to not leaving for anything that unique and he left after years so stop worrying about things (and prompting jokes that make me worry) because it's almost certainly not gonna happen anytime soon and if it does, it does

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

For Dan? Where would he even go?
He can basically do whatever he wants at GB and seems to have fun doing it. How many other websites are there even that he could join. I don't really see him as a streamer. Unless you are talking about him doing something completely different.
And Abby JUST joined. Austin only left because they offered him to run that website, that doesn't happen all that often. I doubt that Abby is going to stay forever but at least a couple of years.

Just got a Roadhog POTG.

Hear Pharah start her Ult, look up, smack her to death with the hook.

Did they fix Roadhog? I basically stopped playing Overwatch after he got useless and he was the only character I still had fun playing

Jintor

austin wouldn't have gone anywhere if it wasn't EiC I think. i remember he mentioned that once he told Jeff, Jeff immediately scrambled to try and match or surpass that offer, but he couldn't match EiC.

- J - D -

He can basically do whatever he wants at GB and seems to have fun doing it. How many other websites are there even that he could join. I don't really see him as a streamer. Unless you are talking about him doing something completely different.
And Abby JUST joined. Austin only left because they offered him to run that website, that doesn't happen all that often. I doubt that Abby is going to stay forever but at least a couple of years.

Some studio buys the rights to Air Force Gator or he goes to work for WWE. I dunno, but I feel like he could succeed fairly well with his other interests if he decided to go in those other directions. He also markets himself very well.

Antiwhippy

I'm gonna again point out (now blearily at 2 AM so this might be a little blunt) that Austin's in his 30s and wrote some excellent things pre-GB, not to mention started curating freelance work while at GB in a notable way. He was not in the field for a super long time but he was also studying games academically as well.

Abby is working her first job out of college (and again I say this as someone doing the same, not as an insult or something); I don't think she's exactly eager to switch jobs or going to get sniped just for being funny anytime soon.

it's weird to think any new hire would leave ASAP and be able to immediately climb up somewhere else just because of him leaving after a year for a very unusual once in a lifetime opprotunity; Patrick is probably the more reasonable comparison due to not leaving for anything that unique and he left after years so stop worrying about things (and prompting jokes that make me worry) because it's almost certainly not gonna happen anytime soon and if it does, it does

For sure, but being at giantbomb does seem to get you a lot of contacts as shown, and that is pretty much the key to climbing.

But yeah I'm not actually that worried about her leaving.

Wunder

who's gonna be doing the raid? Brad Jeff Ben Dan Abby ? Vinny and Jason both said they weren't gonna be high enough I think. Is Alex playing Destiny?

Aselith

who's gonna be doing the raid? Brad Jeff Ben Dan Abby ? Vinny and Jason both said they weren't gonna be high enough I think. Is Alex playing Destiny?

Its a four person raid right? Its possible Brad may just move to a coach role sine he's done it. Maybe Jeff Dan Abby Ben?

Or could they stream two raids simultaneously?

Jason is high enough he talked about playing during the bombcast.

Jason is west's VP though. It seems super unlikely he will do the raid to me.

Teddified

I'm gonna assume it'll be Jeff Brad Ben Jason Abby and Dan.

Jason is west's VP though. It seems super unlikely he will do the raid to me.

The way Jason talked on the Bombcast about worrying about his light level and if it would be good enough leads me to believe he be playing.

MG310

Did they fix Roadhog? I basically stopped playing Overwatch after he got useless and he was the only character I still had fun playing

Unless they changed something in the last month the last change I remember was the one that let him move while healing.

oti

Banned
Now that I'm done with Destiny 2 I should play Overwatch again. Was holding off because of 60 FPS and 30 FPS. Once I play Overwatch again it will be super difficult to go back to Destiny.

Wunder

Unless they changed something in the last month the last change I remember was the one that let him move while healing.

I wish they'd tell you what's changed in-game or something. It's hard to keep up with the patches if you come back for an event and don't know what's different. The heal on the move thing makes him way more tanky because he also gets a damage reduction while he does it. So he can reposition and not get headshot 5 times in a row negating the heal, he feels like an assassin character where you can dart in and out and hook dudes at will.

Top Bottom