• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You know, looking at my favorite website Twitter dot com, it makes me appreciate that GB is not only a website with great content but also great people and not racist assholes like certain other prominent industry veterans.
Say about GB what you want, but it seems like being fun playing video games while also being a decent person is a rather rare trait these days.

xuchu

Its a four person raid right? Its possible Brad may just move to a coach role sine he's done it. Maybe Jeff Dan Abby Ben?

Or could they stream two raids simultaneously?

Jason is west's VP though. It seems super unlikely he will do the raid to me.

It's 6

You know, looking at my favorite website Twitter dot com, it makes me appreciate that GB is not only a website with great content but also great people and not racist assholes like certain other prominent industry veterans.
Say about GB what you want, but it seems like being fun playing video games while also being a decent person is a rather rare trait these days.

is this about colin moriarty

because holy shit his latest twitter feed was a fucking disgusting fire

robotrock

Banned
is this about colin moriarty

because holy shit his latest twitter feed was a fucking disgusting fire
Lol just checking this out now. “Debate me on my show and my definitely non-biased audience will pick the winner. If I lose, I’ll donate $2,000 of my patreon money to charity”

Oh wow I don't think I got that far on his feed. Jesus Christ

That's the whole reason Colin got anal-blasted and wanted to challenge the person in the debate is because he got subtweeted:
https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/912794090290298880

Then he literally responds 'NYEEHH DEBATE ME IN MY SHOW AND THEN WE WILL HAVE A POPULAR VOTE THAT I WILL WIN NYEH MY ANUS HURTS'. Colin is a fucking prick.

anyway that's Breezys Rant on the Douchebags of Twitter.

So how long do you think they'll spend on the raid tomorrow? 6 hours?

oti

Banned
I really don't care about the audaciousness Epic goes about Fortnite Battle Royale. If anything I'm curious to see how all of this plays out with Bluehole being so aggressive about it.

Downloaded the game. Will try it out.

The ten year anniversary could be really cool. Here are some fun ideas they could do but definitely won't -

• Game of the last 10 years (aka the sorta game of the generation cast)
  • Bring back old staff members and their features
  • A well produced documentary combining all the behind-the-scenes footage and interviews about the last 10 years
  • Motherfucking soda taste test extravoganza
Hearing Jeff say about them wanting to split the Bombcast for premium made me remember how much I was for that idea. I would have paid premium just for that alone back in the day. Crazy to think how much has changed quality wise with the podcast now.

Jintor

Speaking as an Asian person I can assure you we want nothing more than total Asian supremecy and I'm very disappointed we haven't yet achieved this in the United states. We must study harder.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still want that game of the generation podcast they talked about.

And then rage about how neither burnout paraduse, mass effect 2 nor red dead redemption deserves it.

oti

Banned

And then rage about how neither burnout paraduse, mass effect 2 nor red dead redemption deserves it.

Mass Effect isn't the correct answer but it's the most correct answer after Mario Galaxy 2.

Fantastapotamus

Speaking as an Asian person I can assure you we want nothing more than total Asian supremecy and I'm very disappointed we haven't yet achieved this in the United states. We must study harder.

Yeah, looking at the US right now you really fucked that up. Good job guys. We were all counting on you.

The ten year anniversary could be really cool. Here are some fun ideas they could do but definitely won't -

• A well produced documentary combining all the behind-the-scenes footage and interviews about the last 10 years
Oh you jokster you

It's true tho. None of those games deserve it.

Oh you jokster you

They could easily do it. They death of produced content on Giant Bomb (Until East have started to revive it now) is maybe one of the site's biggest crimes.

Their produced stuff is always amazing. Whether it's E3 highlights, GOTY skits, video reviews, etc etc...

There's more than enough talent still there to produce a great in-house documentary on the site.

oti

Banned
It's weird that you hate the GOTY for 2017 but recognise that Galaxy 2 is GOTG. Did you bump your head after playing Galaxy 2?

:)

I'm just not really a shooter guy. It's just too much boring PUBG at this point. But let's not talk about that again.

Also, who said I hate the GOTY 2017? The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
or Mario Odyssey

Fantastapotamus

They could easily do it. They death of produced content on Giant Bomb (Until East have started to revive it now) is maybe one of the site's biggest crimes.

Their produced stuff is always amazing. Whether it's E3 highlights, GOTY skits, video reviews, etc etc...

It's fine in doses. Don't really need it on the regular

Joeku

The worst part is his fucking

'Asians are smarter on average therefore white supremacy/racism isn't a thing!'. Like holy shit. Never before have I wanted to punch someone.

Wait have you literally never wanted to punch someone before?

Because Colin is a low bar, but still.

Hasney

What if I told you there was a Skate game even better than 3?

3 and 2 are interchangeable for me usually. Only reason I go with 3 now is because I okayed it recently with the BC when I had an XB1.

Meme games don't count. And Burnout Paradise is bad. Mario Galaxy 2 wins. Always.

If Skate is a meme game instead of a goddamn fantastic fucking skateboarding game that it is, any game with Yoshi is a meme game.

oti

Banned
If Skate is a meme game instead of a goddamn fantastic fucking skateboarding game that it is, any game with Yoshi is a meme game.

You can be both a meme game and a fantastic game. What I remember from Skate 3 is how difficult it was supposed to control and then all of a sudden the Internet was full of videos and gifs of people falling down and hurting themselves. Plus Pewdiepie.

oti

Banned
Tried Fortnite PUBG.
Managed to reach #7 and #5 by mostly hiding.
Yeah, no. This isn't much fun.

But the art style is nice.

derFeef

Tried Fortnite PUBG.
Managed to reach #7 and #5 by mostly hiding.
Yeah, no. This isn't much fun.

But the art style is nice.

I like it more than PUBG, but it's still not my cup of tea entirely I think. I will give it a few more shots with new patches and stuff. Hitscan instakills are bad tho.

Joeku

I like it more than PUBG, but it's still not my cup of tea entirely I think. I will give it a few more shots with new patches and stuff. Hitscan instakills are bad tho.

I ask this in a non-shitty way, but:

Why do you like it more than PubG? The building stuff? Or something else?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Jeff was the first person I've heard who really talked about the Fortnite Battle Royale thing from the perspective of how shitty it looks for Fortnite, which was an angle I hadn't considered. It really does make Epic look opportunistic. I've been...sympathetic to Bluehole from the start here; there's expecting clones of your game and then there's your engine partner releasing a near exact copy of your game rules on consoles before you can and while legal action isn't warranted probably the whole thing feels trashy

Joeku

Jeff was the first person I've heard who really talked about the Fortnite Battle Royale thing from the perspective of how shitty it looks for Fortnite, which was an angle I hadn't considered. It really does make Epic look opportunistic. I've been...sympathetic to Bluehole from the start here; there's expecting clones of your game and then there's your engine partner releasing a near exact copy of your game rules on consoles before you can and while legal action isn't warranted probably the whole thing feels trashy

It's just kinda crazy and seemingly opportunistic that Fortnine came out after like half a decade of teasing and then almost immediately became a F2P knockoff of a massive hit.

NightOnyx

I really loved the first episode of Six Crazy Frights. East coast is absolutely killing it! Abby and Vinny are such a great combination, they work great together. I mean Vinny works great with everyone, but you can tell how well him and Abby gel together in particular. I'm super excited to see what else they will end up playing. Also, PT continues to be such a cool thing. It's really depressing to watch the end though, what could have been...

I'm also really looking forward to the Raid later today. It should be a fun time, even though I'm sure it will be frustrating for them at times since Brad's the only one that has done it.

Rainmaker

Banned
It's also hilarious that all of the versions of Fortnite in the PlayStation store are now labeled "Fortnite Battle Royale - Fortnite - [insert edition here]"

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
These edited intros, first for Exquisite Corps and now for Six Crazy Frights, are really slick and I'm glad they're letting Abby do more editing stuff because I know she mentioned an interest in that

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
The worst part is his fucking

'Asians are smarter on average therefore white supremacy/racism isn't a thing!'. Like holy shit. Never before have I wanted to punch someone.
I really wish Twitter had balls and just outright banned trolls, and hate rights activists.

hamchan

I agree. I feel quite bad for Bluehole and PlayerUnknown. Of course this mode has existed in other things like H1Z1 but it was really PUBG that made it into this super massive, bigger than Dota, thing. For a lot of people and companies, having a hit like this is a once in a lifetime sort of opportunity. They've sold a ton of copies but I still feel so bad for them that they couldn't get more of their own time in the sun before a massive company like Epic moves in and tries to still steal their audience. Also that Epic did this pivot so quickly with their early access game that they've spent years developing. It just feels gross, this whole situation.

Zaph

Yup, it looks terrible for Epic as both a developer and a business partner. Sure, clones were bound to happen, but for them to just ignore their status as a leading engine provider and rip-off a client? Even if its legal its still really short-sighted.

And Epic downplaying their efforts with statements like "...the mode was so much fun we decided to share it with everyone to get feedback" ain't helping. Its not some experiment they decided to release for fun - a lot of effort went into cloning pubg as fast as they did to be first on consoles.

Top Bottom