• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Jakoo

The intro and last like 10 minutes were alright but the rest was tedious. I don't know why they picked a game that Abby had already played and knew what to expect out of.

I feel like for a first episode, it maybe made sense to play a game she was already familiar with. I still enjoyed it; hadn't watched a good PT stream since it initially came out.

Hasney

Patrick just said he found Abby in Golf Story

uXYO9aa.png

BTA

The intro and last like 10 minutes were alright but the rest was tedious. I don't know why they picked a game that Abby had already played and knew what to expect out of.

I... don't think she'd gotten that far in it though? Most of it seemed new to her, and it wasn't like she didn't jump when unsettling things happened, so I'm not sure how this could be the issue.

Then again I still have all of them figuring out how to actually finish it left.

The mechanics for this particular part of the raid make sense in the narrative that
they are literally having to hit panels and jump through hoops like a game show.

- J - D -

I'm like an hour late but I gotta say I love the look of the raid. It's like they're fighting through a gaudy, tacky mansion. Like they're making their way through Trump's penthouse or something.

The mechanics for this particular part of the raid make sense in the narrative that
they are literally having to hit panels and jump through hoops like a game show.

It makes sense in that its chock full of arbitrary game show bullshit!

*I actually really like this part and agree*

Zaph

I'm certain it's some meta commentary for what the raid designers think of the players

Yeah there's actually a lot going on design-wise that I'm slowly picking up on now.

Yeah, I think what happened with this raid is that Bungie focused a lot more on threading the themes and aesthetics with the mechanics. The result is some very esoteric encounters, except for maybe the pools part. I only have VoG as a frame of reference, but that felt way more combat-oriented with the lore not having as overt an influence over the mechanics?

also yeah they are getting real close man i am impressed

An-Det

Definitely glad I've done most of the raid already (still gotta finish Calus), this is way easier to follow than the previous raid streams where I had no idea what was going on. Really interesting to hear the thought process, especially with how wonky much of this is, but they're doing really well.

Can't wait to see them deal with the fucking dogs.

Zocano

Hahaha fuck.

I got into the stream and thought "shit, already at gauntlet after 2 hours, that's good progress!"

And then I remembered gauntlet is first this week hahahahfuckthey'llbehereforever.

Top Bottom