• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Zaph

Even if I could get enough friends together to do something like this, I'm not sure I know anyone I'd actually want to do something this long and elaborate with. Even back in school I never really had a group that was good for doing MMO raids or anything, I guess I was just in the 'wrong' circles for it. Always been kind of jealous lol

They fucked up there. The normal version of this raid should heavily tone down the coordination and maybe allow for one or two members not knowing the tactics.

Leave the 6 hour trial and error shit for hard modes, and let friends just run through it in a couple hours and have some fun. Even games like WoW realised more players should see the raids they make.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just tuned in and 90% of Jeff's instructions to Dan sounded like he was trolling.

Is there really an old man that needs to be shot? This is my peak interest in Destiny in all of its history and by the time anybody answers I'm sure I won't care anymore, but at this moment I'm curious.

ryseing

I just tuned in and 90% of Jeff's instructions to Dan sounded like he was trolling.

Is there really an old man that needs to be shot? This is my peak interest in Destiny in all of its history and by the time anybody answers I'm sure I won't care anymore, but at this moment I'm curious.

I think they're referring to the Counselors, which aren't old men but have a vague resemblance.

Oakinn

As frustrating as it can be at times, completing a raid with a group of friends for the first time is one of the most rewarding experiences ive ever had in games

Jakoo

This is the only content like this in Destiny, I wouldn't really base your opinion on the game solely on the raid.

The raid is the only part of the game that has these puzzle mechanics. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

And if you don't want to do any puzzle solving, guides for these raids come out a day after so you can just follow them to just take on the challenge of execution and see the spectacle that's unique to raids.

I suppose what worries me is the fact that the big end-game content, at least for me, looks like a bit of a slog. It kind of reminds me of trying to beat the record in the pilot training level in Titanfall 2, only instead here, you are also relying on 5 friends to also have a perfect run, lol. I am sure it's super satisfying once you complete these challenges, though.

he should just randomly swap out enemy names with Longmont Potion Castle names

"alright shoot top and make sure to kill your Parochial Nimrod"

daveo42

Banned
As frustrating as it can be at times, completing a raid with a group of friends for the first time is one of the most rewarding experiences ive ever had in games

I can agree with that. Felt that way the first time our group spent four hours taking down Kirin in FFXI.

i mean i finished both vog and this with complete strangers and we still all had that amazing feeling afterwards of conquering something gigantic

i guess you do feel like friends when you're done!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Alex is the reassuring source of optimism right now. In case anybody was still somehow under the impression that Destiny is a net good for the world.

Zaph

You will now repeat the entire encounter again, including the race. However, the second and third time through the race, Calus will create pits in the floor, making it possible to fall to your death mid run. Do your best to be careful and jump accurately to avoid these pit falls.

welcome to leviathan :) :) :)

a8sblsb1.gif

Top Bottom