• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Zocano

I'm not a fan of the increased emphasis on puzzle solving. Wish there were more boss encounters.

I am pretty sure the current set up they have is 2 raid dev teams, one "main" one that originally did Vault of Glass and then King's Fall (and now this) which are much more puzzle oriented. And then a secondary dev team that makes slightly more straight-forward ones (in so far as there's a bit less exploration and more encounter-encounter-encounter like Crota's End and then Wrath of the Machine. The next raid will most likely be of the latter flavor unless said dev team wants to achieve similar puzzle-like encounters.

Damn Ben's guidance counselor lol.

I liked mine. In fact I always felt bad for him because students took advantage of him because they were either submitting their college applications at the 11th hour or past deadline and they just expected him to just do all the legwork to get admissions to make exceptions.

Even if I could get enough friends together to do something like this, I'm not sure I know anyone I'd actually want to do something this long and elaborate with. Even back in school I never really had a group that was good for doing MMO raids or anything, I guess I was just in the 'wrong' circles for it. Always been kind of jealous lol

I am pretty sure the current set up they have is 2 raid dev teams, one "main" one that originally did Vault of Glass and then King's Fall (and now this) which are much more puzzle oriented. And then a secondary dev team that makes slightly more straight-forward ones (in so far as there's a bit less exploration and more encounter-encounter-encounter like Crota's End and then Wrath of the Machine. The next raid will most likely be of the latter flavor unless said dev team wants to achieve similar puzzle-like encounters.

I am of the opinion that this raid is significantly worse than VoG and KF.

Zocano

fusion rifle seems like it could work with a middle/ top bottom set

I just shoot the close two really quickly. I dunno what the 4-man raids did but I have to assume they hip fired really fast but also really carefully (probably with a hand cannon?)

I am of the opinion that this raid is significantly worse than VoG and KF.

This is probably my 2nd favorite of the bunch? King's Fall being my favorite.
I'd probably rate Vault of Glass the lowest

I'm Brad telling them because otherwise the fluke that happened with Dan would have fucked them up forever (aka somehow the gate opening correctly even without them knowing to double up)

Jakoo

This seems incredibly frustrating--do Destiny fans generally like this puzzle solving aspects of raids?

I was flirting with the idea of getting into Destiny 2 but this stream has turned me off it quite a bit.

Zocano

I say Vault is my "least" favorite but rating the raids against each other is kinda not simple or straight forward because I like specific chunks of each raid a ton but then together they have a different feel.

Golgoroth, Crota's End bridge, and Zamboni are my favorite sections by far.

As a whole, Vault of Glass is really cool and has a great aesthetic, but it doesn't specifically have anything standout to me as far as raid encounters and that's why I rate it the lowest.

has anyone here completed the raid?

Twice.

First clear: 15 hours.
Second clear: 5 hours.

Spent probably 60% of that first clear in the Gardens, everything else is not too bad. Once we figured out that
assigning a beast to each person rather than everyone ganging up on 1-2
is an infinitely better strategy, that section becomes much easier.

This seems incredibly frustrating--do Destiny fans generally like this puzzle solving aspects of raids?

I was flirting with the idea of getting into Destiny 2 but this stream has turned me off it quite a bit.

Some do, some don't. The raid is a big deal in previous Destiny entries because it was one of the very few dependable ways to get better gear. Destiny 2 changes that by making such gear much more easily obtainable after each week's reset.

Catvoca

Banned

This is the only content like this in Destiny, I wouldn't really base your opinion on the game solely on the raid.

The raid is the only part of the game that has these puzzle mechanics. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

And if you don't want to do any puzzle solving, guides for these raids come out a day after so you can just follow them to just take on the challenge of execution and see the spectacle that's unique to raids.

ryseing

I agree, there needed to be one more boss. i really want a horde mode bad after this raid though

I LOVED Prison of Elders. It was super replayable with the modifiers and differing waves every week.

I don't mind a bit of puzzle solving, but this raid definitely went overboard with it.

Fortunately everything else is shooting with the occasional platforming section. You should get into it.

Top Bottom