• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

uihuioovusp8.jpg

Moaradin

I dunno, this seems pretty simple compared to mechanics in something like WoW or FFXIV. Though it's still pretty neat to see MMO raid mechanics in a FPS.

dcassell

Banned
I cannot wait for the last part of this section. I'm also doing this next weekend, so this helps get rid of the intimidation factor of doing into this blind.

I'm going to make a sandwich.

Tagyhag

Man this is just bullshit, and the crazy thing is that it's not even as annoying as other MMO raids. I'm so glad I never got into this scene.

Come GOTY time I want them to ask "Is this fun" for every game they consider putting on the list.

Games don't have to be fun to be a good experience.

Ben said not shooting what is called out is fucking him up

Brad said he was worried that the runner switch would fuck them up but they're doing ok with that

(Ben fucked up because of the runner switch too lol)

Not trying to dunk on Ben, coordinating this shit is tough. when a 40 man raid in wow wasn't just a dps/add fight it was a lot of bullshit. was really happy when they went to 25 and 10 for everything

I'd switch to the runner calling out what exactly the others need to shoot but I'm not raiding so I dunno if that would actually work

Jakoo

So let me get this straight--they need to do this 4 more times without dying to pass on from this? Punishing design if so, wow haha

NightOnyx

5 times seems unnecessary. It seems like 2 runs should be enough. Like there seems to be a theme of four in the room anyways, so 2 runs with 4 dunks would a good number.

So let me get this straight--they need to do this 4 more times without dying to pass on from this? Punishing design if so, wow haha

I ran it last night and it's really not that bad. Once you get any semblance of coordination down it's easier than most raid encounters have been.

Yeah I see Destiny hasn't gotten past its obsession with carrying balls and dunking them and doing all kinds of shit that has nothing to do with playing Destiny normally. That's always been my problem with the raids, it barely even resembles Destiny sometimes, and the encounters turn into exact simon says exercises, rather than showcases of dynamic and fun encounters. It's just so damn rigid. You either do everything right, or you die. The shooting is like, tertiary at best. The Oryx encounter especially was ridiculous.

Top Bottom