• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Yeah, this one isn't that bad compared to the Gardens.

I actually had an easier time at gardens?

Mind you I was with a crew that knew to just kill the dogs with one person per dog so that had a bit to do with it.

Brad kills stuff like twice as fast as Abby. Seems like level (or whatever it's called) can make a sizable difference in this.

I always get surprised when people downplay the light level. You really need to pull off some excellent crits in order to even out the difference between a 270 LL and 300 LL.

That being said, I am unimpressed with Brad's stopping power. I wonder what kind of shotgun he's using, because it's really not getting the job done.

Jakoo

Yeah I see Destiny hasn't gotten past its obsession with carrying balls and dunking them and doing all kinds of shit that has nothing to do with playing Destiny normally. That's always been my problem with the raids, it barely even resembles Destiny sometimes, and the encounters turn into exact simon says exercises, rather than showcases of dynamic and fun encounters. It's just so damn rigid. You either do everything right, or you die. The shooting is like, tertiary at best. The Oryx encounter especially was ridiculous.

Yeah I guess I thought Destiny raids in theory, would have interesting boss encounters that required some level of coordination and team work.

What I am seeing now feels like some Portal 2-esque co-op puzzles where you are occasionally killing things. I'm not saying that bad, it just seems a lot different then the rest of the game.

Also, I can't imagine loving the platforming aspects of this game with floaty-Halo style jumps and no Titanfall-esque mobility options.

Not sure if already said, but this is the easiest of the 4 sections of the raid they have to do. Maybe the next one could be argued to be easier, but there's more shooting in that one.

ryseing

I actually had an easier time at gardens?

Mind you I was with a crew that knew to just kill the dogs with one person per dog so that had a bit to do with it.

The timer and the dogs being so janky makes Gardens way harder than it needs to be. I think if the timer was extended on normal mode it would be more manageable.

Baths is by the easiest in my opinion. Only real mechanic there is 2 simple 3-man rotations.

Agreed. Baths is kinda fun. There's something satisfying about nailing the rotation.

jfhyuhghdistq.gif

Wunder

i wish there were some face cams

the best part of these is the exhaustion and suffering that appears on their faces as time goes on

Dogs will be extra hard for them because some of them are not that great in knowing how to put out a lot of damage quick. If you can have everybody solo their dogs in 1 or 2 damage rounds it makes it a lot easier.

ryseing

Dogs will be extra hard for them because some of them are not that great in knowing how to put out a lot of damage quick. If you can have everybody solo their dogs in 1 or 2 damage rounds it makes it a lot easier.

That DPS check is gonna be fun. Alex/Abby really need to be ~15 light higher.

I was 275 for that section and struggled.

Top Bottom