• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Harpuia

Normal Destiny isn't this, though. Regular Destiny is go here, shoot them, you're awesome.

Despite all my poo-pooing over Destiny, raids actually looks infinitely more interesting than the rest of the game. Most of my disdain for destiny is how goddamn boring the rest of the game is when it's telling you to look there, shoot here, and then you're told you're awesome.

BTA

As someone who isn't watching and has no idea what the raid even is beyond a little poking around on Google just now: what did Brad spoil, why was it unhelpful to spoil, and what should he have spoiled instead?

Yeah this raid is bad
VoG is a good fun raid with interesting mechanics.

But this raid just sucks. Especially for being the first raid of a new game, its just obtuse for the sake of being obtuse whilst having little to no leeway. To have it be the introductory raid, is fucking nuts.

chogidogs

Despite all my poo-pooing over Destiny, raids actually looks infinitely more interesting than the rest of the game. Most of my disdain for destiny is how goddamn boring the rest of the game is when it's telling you to look there, shoot here, and then you're told you're awesome.

They started adding raid like elements to the strikes so those are alot more fun than they used to be. Too bad the rewards aren't that great.

As someone who isn't watching and has no idea what the raid even is beyond a little poking around on Google just now: what did Brad spoil, why was it unhelpful to spoil, and what should he have spoiled instead?

Its the part where they all have to run the circuit together. Arguably the most fun thing in this encounter.

Dineren

Banned
Yeah this raid is bad

But this raid just sucks. Especially for being the first raid of a new game, its just obtuse for the sake of being obtuse whilst having little to no leeway. To have it be the introductory raid, is fucking nuts.

Doesn't really look bad to me, but I do think it's crazy they are launching guided games with this one.

I dont think Brad trying to explain something on the fly has ever worked well in the history of Giant Bomb, so the next section will go wonderfully!

oti

Banned
I still think it's kind of insane that Destiny 2 only launches with 1 raid, and it's this obtuse and complicated.

Nah, there's enough content in Destiny 2 right now. I like this staggered release schedule for raids. Makes for great streaming events.

Xater

In Destiny 1, they were, but they weren't updated to the new Light cap until a later update, which meant the only reason to go was if you wanted a specific piece and infuse something into it.

Which is pretty standard for Raids in MMOs, but didn't WoW later introduce like harder versions of the raids, that would still make them worth it? That would be a good concept to adopt.

Doesn't really look bad to me, but I do think it's crazy they are launching guided games with this one.

Having raided in WoW

Yeah this raid is childs play to me. The cynical part of me likes to think that they made this raid complete horseshit so guided games would fail. "You cant matchmake cause it requires verbal coordination!" yeah thats bad design.

breezy

please read the first half of what I wrote

*shrug* you wanted to know what brad spoilex

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Like, I'm a huge Monster Hunter fan. So conceptually "very lengthy very challenging gameplay that involves tight cooperation" is a thing I am down with. But the specifics of what the game is asking them to do do not look like enjoyable gameplay

Yeah this raid is bad

I actually think it's a good raid in that it requires each person to do their own task outside of the worst section of it. I think it would have been nice to have an easier raid to start people off, but I don't think this part's all that difficult when you get the hand of it.

Wunder

Having raided in WoW

Yeah this raid is childs play to me. The cynical part of me likes to think that they made this raid complete horseshit so guided games would fail. "You cant matchmake cause it requires verbal coordination!" yeah thats bad design.

WoW never had weird platforming stuff though, which I think is the main gripe of the raids. There's positional stuff during bosses and trash but nothing like this

Alucrid

Banned
Which is pretty standard for Raids in MMOs, but didn't WoW later introduce like harder versions of the raids, that would still make them worth it? That would be a good concept to adopt.

the raid is going to have a harder prestige mode added later presumably with different / better drops

I actually think it's a good raid in that it requires each person to do their own task outside of the worst section of it. I think it would have been nice to have an easier raid to start people off, but I don't think this part's all that difficult when you get the hand of it.

Yeah as a matter of executing the strats, its not that hard of a raid. But WoW for example tends to have raids in PTR up so people atleast know what to do, and just because they do doesnt mean that theyll execute correctly. Bungies insistence on secrecy is kinda bad for newcomers because then they feel they dont want to be "spoiled" and it ends up being an obtuse time.

IIRC they did indeed do this.

Yeah. Mythic encounters tend to flip the fights on their head, and extreme coordination(compared to lower difficulties) comes into play.
WoW never had weird platforming stuff though, which I think is the main gripe of the raids. There's positional stuff during bosses and trash but nothing like this

It comes with the fact that Destiny is an FPS and its easier to platform. That said WoW does rely heavily on positional aspects like destiny, more so than Destiny.

reverse7zsuc.gif

While they were doing this I finished Route C of Nier Automata.

I was ready to just be done with it because it dragged for me in places but the final moments of it and Devolah and Popola's story made it worth powering through

Jakoo

Yeah, and floaty-ass Bungie games probably do not lend themselves for platforming well

Having raided in WoW

*shrug* you wanted to know what brad spoilex

Agreed 100%, most of these mechanics are not that crazy compared to what we used to do in MMO's haha.

Top Bottom