• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

5rlcpQN.png

Thank you

"Come prepared or dont come at all" has been the raiding mantra in every raid experience in every MMO i've played for like 15 years now so this going in blind shit has never made any sense

It's fun to figure things out. My blind run of the raid was my favourite despite it being the longest. Also in this section I was running and using my gamertag to make calls, it took me 30 minutes to work out I was saying human bottom.

Thank you

"Come prepared or dont come at all" has been the raiding mantra in every raid experience in every MMO i've played for like 15 years now so this going in blind shit has never made any sense

I really enjoy the blind experience, going in with some friends and joking around about your many wipes while figuring out what to do. In fact, blind raiding KF and leviathan are probably my favorite gaming experiences, full stop. Everyone's coordinating, trying to figure stuff out, trying new strategies.

It also took us like 12 hours each time (and even the worlds first people take like 6 hours), so it's really not for people who don't care or who don't have the time. Unless GB planned on devoting 2 work days to this one raid they should've looked at a guide.

Zaph

Thank you

I was in one of those crazy progression guilds in the early WoW days, so we had no choice but to go in (mostly) blind. But we all knew the bullshit we were getting into, and some patch days were would raid for 12-20hours straight 😫

robotrock

Banned
I think it's okay we lost Steal My Sunshine today. People leaving for long periods of time and then coming back to ask "how far are they now?" is the greatest thing. Need a raid stream every time there's a new one.

Thank you

And the crazy thing is, despite seeing a walkthrough for the raid, that doesnt guarantee you will breeze through it. You still have to execute all the phases and positioning.

Its just that Bungie has harbored this "spoiler" shit with Destiny.

The worst part is that nothing in the raid is relevant to whats in the game. That is, there is nothing to naturally teach the player how to proceed. Atleast Destiny 1 had the mission with the sword to teach the player about picking up a melee weapon, and even then Vault of Glass naturally built upon the shield as a mechanic to learn because eventually it was required for the last boss.

D2s raid is bad design that just throws shit on the wall.

These poor unfortunate souls still have to do the gardens.

Anyway, I don't get why people are like "lol GOTY," just because some groups or people find content more difficult than they like doesn't mean it's not a good game.

Boy, and bradders hasn't just outright tools them what to do terry? Or is it an execution thing.

What they are doing is something they have to do multiple times and then after doing so, everyone gets an orb and teleport inside to run in a circle which should culminate in at least 3 players alive. That means some have to die due to the nature of the amount of shines inside for them to collect to contain the orb from exploding before dunking it in the end.

Anyway, I don't get why people are like "lol GOTY," just because some groups or people find content more difficult than they like doesn't mean it's not a good game.

I will always believe that instant death in ANY VIDEO GAME for ANY REASON means it is not a good video game. Throw in unnecessary time limits, over complexity and you have a stew of buillshit

kai3345

Banned

if the purported "best" content in this game is this poorly designed garbage I've been watching for the past 6 hours, it's a bad game

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
straight execution

What they are doing is something they have to do multiple times and then after doing so, everyone gets an orb and teleport inside to run in a circle which should culminate in at least 3 players alive. That means some have to die due to the nature of the amount of shines inside for them to collect to contain the orb from exploding before dunking it in the end.

Alright, that sounds... tragic.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Dan "Its possible I spaced on it and missed mine"

haha the 212 people watching Dan's stream know the truth.

Glad I get to watch these guys do this while I do other things though, I would have given up by now.

Top Bottom