• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

AaronMT86

What's most heartbreaking is that once this encounter is over most of them will just get a few raid tokens for a vendor they can't access yet. Shh, don't tell them.

mattp

all 4 times i've opened a tab today to check on the raid, ive loaded it up and saw they were in the same exact room, lol'd, and closed it

ive never played the game. have they made 0 progress?

What's most heartbreaking is that once this encounter is over most of them will just get a few raid tokens for a vendor they can't access yet. Shh, don't tell them.

JFj9LFC.gif

Zaph

Go 👏 get 👏 the 👏 gear👏

It's killing me, some of them are at the minimum power level, and that gear could easily make the difference

This is the kind of thing that they'd probably figure out after 15 minutes if they all just broke for the day and came back to it later, but sitting here forcing it means they're never gonna be able to get through it. That's happened to me so many times in Destiny.

when all they keep saying is "it isn't THAT bad" ... It still means it's a bad game.I don't understand how anyone thinks this game is worth their time or money.... UGH. Destiny is a bad game that blows. But hey, I've got good background noise all day long, I think that is the only positive thing about Destiny.

Catvoca

Banned
Go 👏 get 👏 the 👏 gear👏

It's killing me, some of them are at the minimum power level, and that gear could easily make the difference

Yeah, I wish they would have done that when they went on their lunch break.

This is the kind of thing that they'd probably figure out after 15 minutes if they all just broke for the day and came back to it later, but sitting here forcing it means they're never gonna be able to get through it. That's happened to me so many times in Destiny.

East has a podcast to record tomorrow, and there is probably some QL lined up to be recorded, and likely meetings we dont know about. They are trying to fit this bullshit in the best they can, and Destiny is not cooperating.

East has a podcast to record tomorrow, and there is probably some QL lined up to be recorded, and likely meetings we dont know about. They are trying to fit this bullshit in the best they can, and Destiny is not cooperating.

Yeah I know, I said before I just don't think streaming the Destiny raid blind is conducive to actually enjoying the raid because forcing yourself to play it in one sitting when you're struggling is kinda not the best way to play.

Aselith

Are they bad at this or is this meant to be the raid experience?

One thing about raiding in MMO's is that the best experience is had by watching a raid walkthrough and then doing the raid. In FF14, people will not let you into a group raid until you positively tell them you have watched the raid video and they will immediately kick you if it becomes apparent you haven't.

This is even after you have gone through the raid multiple times on lower levels to give you insight into how it's going to work.

"No Spoilers" raids are for fools tbh. The only people no spoilering it should be the vanguard guilds that get first clears. Everyone else should be doing their homework.

Had to stop watching a couple of hours ago to get work done. I thought they would be on another section by now since they already knew what to do when I stopped.

I feel bad for them now. Team I ran this with took about 30 minutes to get it done after being taught how to do it.

demidar

I found starting off in rags to be pretty rough.

Yeah I'm playing on Tactical and shit can get brutal even with a mostly geared party. And that's great because I'm playing multiplayer on Classic difficulty and we mostly face roll everything.

The beginning was definitely still the hardest point in my current playthrough.

Also why are they jumping through holes in Destiny?

Oakinn

Had to stop watching a couple of hours ago to get work done. I thought they would be on another section by now since they already knew what to do when I stopped.

I feel bad for them now. Team I ran this with took about 30 minutes to get it done after being taught how to do it.

Yeah, to anyone who watches Destiny from afar, this looks like torture. It took my team maybe 8-10 tries after knowing what to do. Its not nearly as hard as they make it look. Oh well, hopefully the drops are good. Alex and Abby should benefit hugely from anything other than a token

One thing about raiding in MMO's is that the best experience is had by watching a raid walkthrough and then doing the raid. In FF14, people will not let you into a group raid until you positively tell them you have watched the raid video and they will immediately kick you if it becomes apparent you haven't.

This is even after you have gone through the raid multiple times on lower levels to give you insight into how it's going to work.

"No Spoilers" raids are for fools tbh. The only people no spoilering it should be the vanguard guilds that get first clears. Everyone else should be doing their homework.

Thank you

"Come prepared or dont come at all" has been the raiding mantra in every raid experience in every MMO i've played for like 15 years now so this going in blind shit has never made any sense

Alucrid

Banned

pretty much. the real reward is the execution of the strategy.

Top Bottom