• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Stoze

I'm enjoying watching this, but I think my desire to actually play something like the raid is quickly diminishing, lol.
I watched top players play it with great communication and it did the opposite for me. Still haven't decided if I'm gonna get the game yet though when it comes out on PC.

Home from work, now watching this proper.
V9uLCCX.jpg

the worst part of the raid are the wipe mechanics. Having to worry about your heavy ammo and ammo in general is terrible, you should just be at max or whatever when you reset. With the revive tokens I feel like it also just prolongs the inevitable instead of just wiping the raid outright and restarting. Feels way more demoralizing coz you're on a downward slope trying to get back up but you're never gonna get there

The wipe mechanics aren't too harsh when you have it down and the next section is the only thing with a hard time limit (I think?) Ammo isn't too much of a concern, elite's will always drop a heavy if you're in range, you shouldn't have to spend more than a heavy to kill an elite. The limited revive system is BS, but I think in a lot of cases it's down to the sections being impossible if people keep dying.

Home from work, now watching this proper.

And here I am playing on a tiny screen with a small PS4 remote play window.

Rainmaker

Banned
It's not the best raid they've made but the narrative ends up being intriguing and it's still fun to do with some pals. It was cool seeing a lot of people on my twitter timeline tweeting about this stream. Even Justin McElroy

dcassell

Banned
So anybody want to start a fresh raid group? Have a light level of higher than 290 and you must be better than a Giant Bomb employee.

Ugh I'm sitting at 279 and have two more milestones to do this week...I want to do it so bad, but I can only set aside like 3 hours at one time over a few days. I need to find a raid group that can do it one section at a time over a week.

Ugh I'm sitting at 279 and have two more milestones to do this week...I want to do it so bad, but I can only set aside like 3 hours at one time over a few days. I need to find a raid group that can do it one section at a time over a week.

Well, that was a joke, but I might be free to help tomorrow.

Hats off to them for sticking with it. Look forward to their inevitable victory!

Speaking from experience, I had a good time with this raid optimizing strategies with 5 other clear-headed players and finishing some of the encounters by the skin of our teeth.

Also my warlock looks cool af with the raid gear so

That raid is 100% down to knowing the mechanics and what you need to do. Once you know that, it's actually pretty easy to execute. It's nowhere near as hard as streams like this make it seem. The problem is that the "guide" in this scenario (Brad) only knows about half of the details of each encounter.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That raid is 100% down to knowing the mechanics and what you need to do. Once you know that, it's actually pretty easy to execute. It's nowhere near as hard as streams like this make it seem. The problem is that the "guide" in this scenario (Brad) only knows about half of the details of each encounter.

Isn't figuring out the raid part of the design.

Even through this frustration, something in me pushes me to want to do it, just once. Maybe I'll see if there's anybody in the OT that is down to have a group and just do it a bit at once.

Usually the GAF community's pretty active, also you can use online group finders to get into teams. It's luck of the draw, but I've never been with a group who isn't welcoming to first timers.

Top Bottom