• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Vinny reviews

Something I made to compliment the occasion

2D2ZBK0.png

Lol I love how in the quick look every one was like no Vinny you don't need to play Destiny 1, but we all knew he was gonna do it anyway.

film and 40's

that hour and a half plot summation of destiny 1

vinny watched a ton of vaatividya's dark souls lore videos. he should love this one! should also get him all prepped for destiny 2 without having to play destiny 1!

oti

Banned
film and 40's

that hour and a half plot summation of destiny 1

vinny watched a ton of vaatividya's dark souls lore videos. he should love this one! should also get him all prepped for destiny 2 without having to play destiny 1!

I should watch that too. Read Kotaku's "here's what you need to know about Destiny" article and for the first time I now have a basic understanding what Destiny is about anf know who or what the Fallen are for instance. Kinda crazy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The thing is, is it worth actually knowing about the lore?

The story and characters in the quick look just seem asinine.

Teddified

To be fair the prologue was the game's tutorial + 1 boring mission, and is not at all representative of the feature even if it contains an explanation thereof.

sure it's just a little weird to not do the first episode, they may as well have shown the Dan episode instead so we can get some great youtube comments.

Antiwhippy

If youtube was complaining about them playing Mario sunshine badly.

Just wait till they watch the exquisite corps.

Antiwhippy

I actually wonder what the metrics are for these premium unlocks though.

I was expecting the sunshine video to blow up in views but it's just kinda standard compared to their other videos.

Guess the YouTube audience wouldn't want a series that they have to pay to continue watching?

The thing is, is it worth actually knowing about the lore?

The story and characters in the quick look just seem asinine.

i mean

there's a lot of super cool world building stuff that was tucked away in the grimoire cards. ya boy austin walker and rob zacny rep that shit.

the vex alone are just a crazy concept that's beautifully played out in the vault of glass.

but the presentation of it all (or lack thereof) just suuuuuuucks

Antiwhippy

i mean

there's a lot of super cool world building stuff that was tucked away in the grimoire cards. ya boy austin walker and rob zacny rep that shit.

the vex alone are just a crazy concept that's beautifully played out in the vault of glass.

but the presentation of it all (or lack thereof) just suuuuuuucks

But is it lore that pays off when you play the game?

Thing is i don't mind obscured sorry telling and world building seeing that i love the dark souls series, but it has to pay off within the game itself. Most of the impressions I've read about destiny tends to say that it doesn't do that.

But is it lore that pays off when you play the game?

Thing is i don't mind obscured sorry telling and world building seeing that i love the dark souls series, but it has to pay off within the game itself. Most of the impressions I've read about destiny tends to say that it doesn't do that.

for destiny 1, a lot of it doesn't. well, vanilla destiny at least. i think some of it pays off in the first expansion and the taken king? never got around to those. vault of glass though. playing it is great and learning the stories behind it is cool.

it doesn't get close to the emotional resonance and narrative twists that soulsborne lore reveals though. but it is there if you look for it!

Antiwhippy

for destiny 1, a lot of it doesn't. well, vanilla destiny at least. i think some of it pays off in the first expansion and the taken king? never got around to those. vault of glass though. playing it is great and learning the stories behind it is cool.

it doesn't get close to the emotional resonance and narrative twists that soulsborne lore reveals though. but it is there if you look for it!

Alright, it's cool to see that they've started doing that with the expansions.

Scizzy

Wouldn't it be amazing if Vinny wasn't the nicest, funniest guy in real life and was just a huge asshole who everyone tolerates because he's so good at his job?

Top Bottom