• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

xanavi

Yeah, I think doing something else with the raid on in the background is the way to go. GB content goes great with the all of the turn-based tactics out right now.

New page edit: Play the xcom 2 expansion. It's good!

Isn't figuring out the raid part of the design.

It can be, if you want it to be. And even then I'd say they are having a tougher time than most. My group completely blind was on the third encounter after the same amount of time as the GB group today.

But my point is that figuring out the raid basically is this raid. Once you know what to do, it's really not that hard.

Usually the GAF community's pretty active, also you can use online group finders to get into teams. It's luck of the draw, but I've never been with a group who isn't welcoming to first timers.

Yeah, all the folks I've grouped up with here on GAF are super chill. And hey, I would also be glad to help anyone here who somehow got tempted to try it! Got a Titan that hasn't touched the raid, and I would like to get the set for that character too.

ryseing

That raid is 100% down to knowing the mechanics and what you need to do. Once you know that, it's actually pretty easy to execute. It's nowhere near as hard as streams like this make it seem. The problem is that the "guide" in this scenario (Brad) only knows about half of the details of each encounter.

They chose to go in blind. God only knows why.

They figured out the mechanics reasonably quickly, they just couldn't execute.

Yeah, all the folks I've grouped up with here on GAF are super chill. And hey, I would also be glad to help anyone here who somehow got tempted to try it! Got a Titan that hasn't touched the raid, and I would like to get the set for that character too.

I'll get in on this Raid train. I would like to finish the darn thing.

I think it's far more interesting seeing them generally not know what to do and figuring it out as opposed to watching how they perform after watching mechanics videos and knowing everything. There's a lot more downtime, but I still think it's far more interesting to watch.

I will say this. The next section of the raid (Pleasure Gardens) is going to fuck them up more than any other. They just don't have enough DPS to do it without being at the very top of their game execution-wise.

Will Smith's FooVR Adultswim show is starting http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

If you ever wanted to see a talking fleshlight modelled in VR

This is way funnier than it has any right to be.

"Even though 49er is my favorite sexual position, I'm taking the Cardinals all the way!"

8X9WwVm.png

I will say this. The next section of the raid (Pleasure Gardens) is going to fuck them up more than any other. They just don't have enough DPS to do it without being at the very top of their game execution-wise.

yeah i think it's actually the worst time that this week's reset has that section as the last since the dps requirement is going to be at its highest. optimal order for the easiest run is gardens > baths > gauntlet.

yeah i think it's actually the worst time that this week's reset has that section as the last since the dps requirement is going to be at its highest. optimal order for the easiest run is gardens > baths > gauntlet.

AFAIK, the DPS requirements do not scale through the first three encounters. The first three encounters all share the same DPS levels. Then the last encounter escalates. That allows them to freely swap the first three around.

Salarians

Would anyone mind explaining what happened at the end of the stream that produced all those reaction posts a few pages back? Did they blow it or finally succeed?
almost the entire stream was one section and when they succeeded they got a (common) bug that caused them to just keep dying, but no progress was lost and they cleared that one part

and there's like two more and still the boss I think

Zaph

I hope they just finish the Baths and end on a high - maybe stream something else afterwards.

They really don't want to spend all day throwing themselves at Stealth Dogs, especially not on a Friday, it ain't worth it.

I hope they just finish the Baths and end on a high - maybe stream something else afterwards.

They really don't want to spend all day throwing themselves at Stealth Dogs, especially not on a Friday, it ain't worth it.

No, this need to go on. Let them extend it into Monday, it's not like they have PUBG to play anymore.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yakuza 0 sure treats its Chinese characters with all the cultural sensitivity of the last scene in A Christmas Story.

Outside of a few sidequests using "me no speaky english" humour yakuza actually usually does a pretty good job with chinese characters. Better than most really.

Antiwhippy

I just did the one with the jewelry forger and lemme tell ya, it got rough.

Yeah that's kinda the specific one I was thinking of lol.

But chinese characters on the main path are usually pretty good. It explores stuff like how chinese migrants have to deal with living in the underworld which I think is unique to yakuza really in the world of videogames.

BTA

So I started taking Japanese lessons tonight.

We waited for 50 minutes of the hour long class in another room because no one told the teacher that someone had dropped a few of us there.

It wasn't her fault and she stayed after, so we got our money's worth, but it does mean I'm getting home way later and lost an extra few hours of V3 time tonight. This week has just been casually exhausting in a lot of ways (I mean, beyond literally being exhausted) and I'm looking forward to a long weekend of relaxation.

which is to say it's a really bad time for all that good Beast content to be eaten by the raid

Harpuia

I feel like Destiny more so than any game currently is stuck in this limbo of people who adamantly hate it just because versus people who like it and are vocal about it because of everyone who vehemently and vocally hates.

For me it honestly occupies the same brain space as call of duty and Pokemon.

Stoze

Finished Samus Returns, it was pretty good. I don't know what to play next though;

Golf Story is out in 3 hours here (edit: nvm, thought it was a midnight release). I have Hob and Steamworld Dig 2 that I haven't cracked into yet, or I could just catch up on shows and wait for Cuphead on Friday.

This is a good problem to have

dcassell

Banned

I'll get in on this Raid train. I would like to finish the darn thing.

Yeah, I've done a lot of studying on every part except for the dogs. Most of it seems like just execution stuff and solid power level seems like it makes it a lot easier. Being at low 270 makes a difference compared to being just a bit ahead of that it seems?

Antiwhippy

I feel like Destiny more so than any game currently is stuck in this limbo of people who adamantly hate it just because versus people who like it and are vocal about it because of everyone who vehemently and vocally hates.

For me it honestly occupies the same brain space as call of duty and Pokemon.

Eh, I don't adamantly hate it really. I just found the talk around the first game exhausting.

Which is a problem that destiny 2 doesn't have yet
because it's already been overtaken by pubg.

Top Bottom