• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am starting to second-guess my planned purchase of Destiny 2 on PC. Somehow it feels pointless to even get the game if I can't do its ultimate challenge. And I will never, ever, EVER have 8 hours straight to dedicate to the Raid.
No worries you'll get bored of it long before that

Listening to the Bombcast, and it's weird listening to the crew discuss Borderlands.

Like I get they (and Jeff in particular) did not love Borderlands 2, but it's super strange listening to them talk about how Borderlands started going the wrong way with 2 and how the next game can right the ship when that game was a huge critical and commercial success. Hell, I seem to recall that Pre-Sequel did well for what it was.

It's one thing to dislike the direction Borderlands 2 took, but it seems odd that they're talking about their distaste of that direction as if it's a widely shared sentiment among the broader fanbase

Listening to the Bombcast, and it's weird listening to the crew discuss Borderlands.

Like I get they (and Jeff in particular) did not love Borderlands 2, but it's super strange listening to them talk about how Borderlands started going the wrong way with 2 and how the next game can right the ship when that game was a huge critical and commercial success. Hell, I seem to recall that Pre-Sequel did well for what it was.

It's one thing to dislike the direction Borderlands 2 took, but it seems odd that they're talking about their distaste of that direction as if it's a widely shared sentiment among the broader fanbase

That was not my take away from that conversation at all. If anything Jeff seemed pretty enthusiastic about every aspect of B2 outside some of the writing. He just appeared to think Pitchford's comment was dumb and that the pre-sequel was not the best.

Megasoum

Banned
So none of the archives actually work?

Edit: so the archive on the site stops after like 10 sec but if you skip to like 1min mark it works.

Also what's the joke behind "The Walsh Institute"?

Valtýr

Pretty much everyone I've ever met loved Borderlands 2, far more than the first. It was was a better game pretty much top to bottom. I don't understand the narrative that it's poorly received because that's definitely not the general consensus.

Megasoum

Banned
Valtýr;250257791 said:
Pretty much everyone I've ever met loved Borderlands 2, far more than the first. It was was a better game pretty much top to bottom. I don't understand the narrative that it's poorly received because that's definitely not the general consensus.

Yeah, to this day this is still the game with the highest hours played on my Steam Account....

Even Tiny Tina was whatever...

I don'T get the hate... I mean sure she's not great but let's not go crazy either... She's whatever

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Destiny 2 doesn't have the crazy weapons of borderlands though which kinda bums me out.

There's no rocket launcher that launches itself when you reload.

Everything I've seen in Destiny just looks like your regular SMG with a shiny new skin.

Valtýr;250257791 said:

That's crazy because all the friends I played Borderlands 1 with dislike Borderlands 2 and absolutely prefer the first, myself included.

Megasoum

Banned
That's crazy because all the friends I played Borderlands 1 with dislike Borderlands 2 and absolutely prefer the first, myself included.

I most likely had more fun with the first one when it originally came out but if you asked me today to go back to play Borderlands it would probably be the third one I'd pick after Pre-Sequel and 2

I most likely had more fun with the first one when it originally came out but if you asked me today to go back to play Borderlands it would probably be the third one I'd pick after Pre-Sequel and 2

Yeah I agree with that, on paper 2 and Pre-Sequel are better games mechanically and far more varied but BL2 just didn't click with me like the first one did. I really wanted to like it because of how much I liked 1 but I just couldn't get into, none of my old BL1 friends could either.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah I agree with that, on paper 2 and Pre-Sequel are better games mechanically and far more varied but BL2 just didn't click with me like the first one did. I really wanted to like it because of how much I liked 1 but I just couldn't get into, none of my old BL1 friends could either.

Yeah it's weird with BL2.... I have something like 200 hours in it but even if I have the season pass I never actually did the DLC...

Yeah it's weird with BL2.... I have something like 200 hours in it but even if I have the season pass I never actually did the DLC...

Same, bought the season pass and bought a bunch of the dumb cosmetic DLC, didn't play any of it, didn't even finish the story as a matter of fact. But BL1 I got all 1000G plus all the DLC achievements and ran the Crawmerax boss probably a hundred times at end game.

The imagination behind the weapons of Borderlands 2 is second to none, no doubt about it but damn.

Damn.

The shooting does not feel good.

I recently went back to it after playing through Tales from the Borderlands for the first time in July (Brilliant BTW) but between the weird kickback, the weak melee, the low impact, the dull sound effects, it was just a big disappointment.

And I beat Borderlands 2 three times when it first released.

Goddammit guys.

There are too many games.

I'm probably buying Golf Story tomorrow and maybe two other Switch eShop titles.

And I still have Yakuza: Kiwami, Knack 2 (currently bugged/ PATCH THIS SHIT CERNY, and I was gonna check out Death of the Outsider eventually.

GAMEPOCALYPSE 2017.

HELP ME.

Hopefully we get a QL of Golf Story...MAYBE AFTER THIS DESTINY NONSENSE IS DONE.

The imagination behind the weapons of Borderlands 2 is second to none, no doubt about it but damn.

The two philosophies I recall from Borderlands 2 were "let's make a gun that does a goofy thing that isn't very useful" and "let's make a gun that has one really high stat but so many shortcomings that it isn't worth it"

The only guns I ever used in NG+ were the Slagga (since slagging enemies was all but necessary at that point) and the Bitch (which was a gun from the first game)

Top Bottom