• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The two philosophies I recall from Borderlands 2 were "let's make a gun that does a goofy thing that isn't very useful" and "let's make a gun that has one really high stat but so many shortcomings that it isn't worth it"

The only guns I ever used in NG+ were the Slagga (since slagging enemies was all but necessary at that point) and the Bitch (which was a gun from the first game)

Yah but i wasn't that invested about seeing through and grinding the endgame so i mostly used the goofy shit in my playthroughs.

Which i feel is the right approach for these types of games. Especially after seeing the raid.

BTA

Waypoint has had spotty archiving for a bit due to their video team handling the TV show.

It might show up alongside an article tomorrow? I think that's how their Heat Signature stream got handled?

Antiwhippy

Catching up to the parts I've missed and their despair got me feeling like this.

latest

lpt: if you finish the destiny 2 campaign and you're struck by an urge to write something about the worth of plot versus character in video game storytelling, it might be time to just go to sleep

BTA

My phone just decided to rebuild my Podcast library, which is to say years and years worth of episodes listened to tracked and lots of podcast subscriptions were just lost, and like.

Very convinced the universe is out to get me in incredibly petty ways this week, holy shit.

sungahymn

Neo Member
|ot| dogbottom.com
|OT| New Grimoire Card Acquired. More info at Dogbottom.com

My phone just decided to rebuild my Podcast library, which is to say years and years worth of episodes listened to tracked and lots of podcast subscriptions were just lost, and like.

Very convinced the universe is out to get me in incredibly petty ways this week, holy shit.
Damn. I'm sorry to hear that.

That kind of thing is the most most infuriatingly nonsensical brand of Random Tech Bullshit.

Jintor

That kind of thing is the most most infuriatingly nonsensical brand of Random Tech Bullshit.

it's up there with my playlists spontaneously deleting themselves whenever I restart my phone. It's not that bad for music because my player has a 'restore playlists' function built in... but the thing is my alarms also reset because they can't find my playlist, meaning instead of a nice chillhop mix i get a blaring piece of garbage in the morning.

At least it shoots me out of bed.

BTA

Yup! It's incredibly frustrating. And my phone does sfuff like that a lot lately!

It's usually due to hard drive space getting within a few GB (heh) of being full, and keeping that in check is pretty hard (especially since... one of the resulting problems is incredibly slow loading of the screen that shows how much space apps take up). Months ago it deleted all my Reminders (so I lost 6 months of game tracking because I don't backup enough and the more recent backup wasn't a full one for whatever reason), and also freaked out when connected with my Watch, and started fake-deleting and readding my pictures... all during PAX East.

Updating slightly fixed some of that (and my Reminders are on iCloud now which they... somehow weren't before? I don't like to mess with it) but even now there's a section of my photos library where it suddenly jumps to photos from like 4 years ago going back to the earliest photos I have and then suddenly goes back to normal again. The dates are all accurate on them too. They're just shoved in the middle there. I don't understand it.

And now it keeps regularly deleting all my Safari tabs multiple times a day, and clearing all my reading list, etc. after years and years of never ever seeing it delete tabs no matter how many I had (which is to say: I've had way too many, for years, without losing any). As part of this I had to turn off iCloud on that because whatever shit it was pulling with constantly resynching those upon deletion was KILLING my phone's battery; it was like night and day after but it means I can't even use reading list anymore because it deletes it before I can get around to reading anything on it so anything cool I want to save for later floats into nothingness.

I'm hoping updating to 10.3 helps a bit till I'm up for dealing with the usual numbered iOS upgrade path for every iPhone I've had (which is... having to do a factory restore on another computer once the update breaks, then restoring from a backup on the laptop I sync to).

it's all incredibly annoying and I'm literally exhausted this week which is not helping the figurative exhaustion, which doesn't even include any of the above phone stuff because I've just accepted that at this point

BTA

Oh also lately my phone's been suddenly turning off regardless of battery level, but when it turns back on after that happens it still lets me use Touch ID.

I'm always so confused.

Jintor

Oh also lately my phone's been suddenly turning off regardless of battery level, but when it turns back on after that happens it still lets me use Touch ID.

I'm always so confused.

it's all a conspiracy to make you buy another phone.

it's working on me tbh. fucking nexus 6p.

Antiwhippy

yuuuuuup

been chained to this battery for weeks now.

to be fair, fast charging is pretty fucking fast. but this battery issue is intolerable.
Let me tell you.

Going from that to being at 50% despite 3 hours of screen on time and even more youtube background listening (The raid)

IS MINDBLOWING.

Jintor

what phone did you switch to? i've solicited ideas in ausgaf but I'm still looking. Gotta carve out another budget category first...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haha, what's confusing you with the UI? WoW has killed me every time I've tried it, OS had been intuitive to me.

I saw someone pull up the resistances menu or something and was like god damn this looks like a 4x strategy game

i'll probably buy it down the road but with gundam, tew, wolf, mario those will be more immediate.

Top Bottom