• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

it's all a conspiracy to make you buy another phone.

it's working on me tbh. fucking nexus 6p.

I mean if my Watch which also spontaneously broke this week isn't confirmed as being under the extended warranty when I check tomorrow night, then... I might jump ship instead of upgrading cause that was one of the barriers.

Aselith

Anyone know what the first QL to use the modern 2 person setup was? I was looking through the old videos and so far through the first five pages, they are all single person

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone know what the first QL to use the modern 2 person setup was? I was looking through the old videos and so far through the first five pages, they are all single person

It wasn't an official quick look but there was a video pointed at a screen fo Jeff playing GTA 4 and him and Ryan talking about it

I saw someone pull up the resistances menu or something and was like god damn this looks like a 4x strategy game

i'll probably buy it down the road but with gundam, tew, wolf, mario those will be more immediate.

It's complex but good, I wouldn't say it ever gets to 4x/xcom meta level but you sure have to improvise a lot with what you've got.

All those other game look rad and I'm thinking of getting Gundam day one due to my Virtual On love. It's a good time for gaming.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Battle Chasers will probably be cool too

and I'll wind up buying NFS and Battlefront and ACO even though I should know better by now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Despite my negativity, I enjoy the vast majority of games

the problem is my enjoyment tends to stop around the fifth hour mark for the majority of them

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Raid video was acting funking at me, kept crashing around 1 1/2hrs, then I refreshed the page and the video now has their intro/volume test for the stream added onto it lol.

Hasney

I would take Giant bomb covering destiny over SMS any day.

tenor.gif

I don't see how this applies to destiny taking over sms
they're both bad.

After watching the entire raid video, I can't decide which game is worse. The part where they ran into that repeating death glitch fucking killed me.

Giant Bomb is at the their best when they play bad games. Destiny and SMS included. Top tier content.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So can you save your progress in a raid, quit and continue later on?
Seems like making something that requires six coordinated people and 24 hours to complete is bad design but maybe that's just me

Catvoca

Banned
So can you save your progress in a raid, quit and continue later on?
Seems like making something that requires six coordinated people and 24 hours to complete is bad design but maybe that's just me

Yes, you can. That's what GB did. There's a checkpoint after every major encounter.

NightOnyx

I just finished up the part of the Raid stream that I missed. Despite feeling like the Raid is not that great, I really enjoyed watching them play it for the whole 8 hours. Also, props to Abby. I was watching her view on the main stream and she did a great job, especially with being the lowest light of the group. DOG BOTTOM!

As for the Raid itself. I haven't tried it yet or seen much of it until now, but man I really not a fan so far. Obviously the other Raids are hard, but this one just seems like their main focus was to make it difficult and they neglected the fun aspect. Raids like VoG seemed more about constantly progressing in your fights and challenges to move on. It was to do one part of the fight to get to the next part, and so on until you get to get to the boss. This Raid seems like you do one thing over and over again while you fight off waves of enemies. It's more about survival like it's Horde mode with not great puzzles, and I dont find that as rewarding or fun.

VoG also lets you breath while progressing between big fights. I'm sure this one has non-fighting challenges, but so far things are just non-stop fighting. Like why the hell do you have to fight those enemies in the entrance room to get the staffs a 2nd time, and presumably more times after that? Move onto another area, break up the fighting more. They are constantly spamming enemies at them, and that sucks. Anyways, regardless of all that, I'm still looking forward to Friday's steam. I hope they can finish it then.

Top Bottom