• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

KingKong

Giant Bomb are just doing what theyre most known for - streaming dozens of hours of the hottest new multiplayer games that get the most clicks

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/914143635959975937

Can't believe he was Jared Leto all along. Thats some face/off shit

7AlwPHI.png

BTA

...guys, what SNES game do I even try first if I'm just gonna spend an hour messing around with it? I only ever played SMW and LttP as a kid I guess.

Long term I'm excited to play the RPGs I never played, but right now, hmmm. Maybe Kirby?

...guys, what SNES game do I even try first if I'm just gonna spend an hour messing around with it? I only ever played SMW and LttP as a kid I guess.

Long term I'm excited to play the RPGs I never played, but right now, hmmm. Maybe Kirby?
Yoshi’s Island, Kirby, and Castlevania are all good picks.

How did they do on the raid yesterday? I couldn't tune into the stream all day, Fridays are podcast days.

It went quite well for the first few hours but then they got stuck on the final boss for like 5+ hours until they called it off and said they'll be doing it on Monday. However, Brad mentioned that they all have to be light level 280 or above. If one of them couldn't get there then it's basically a waste of time.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This Destiny raid just does not seem good in any way. It doesn't feel like an epic legendary mission, it's just poorly designed puzzle rooms botched together and endless trial and error.

I get that it's a challenge but damn, the mechanics here are utterly boring.

BTA

Yoshi’s Island, Kirby, and Castlevania are all good picks.

I ended up playing through Spring Breeze and then trying Super Punch-Out... which I did not do well in.

But it was good for killing 30-45 minutes and trying it out. I'm excited to try more games in the next week.

Fireblend

Banned
It went quite well for the first few hours but then they got stuck on the final boss for like 5+ hours until they called it off and said they'll be doing it on Monday. However, Brad mentioned that they all have to be light level 280 & above. If one of them couldn't get there then it's basically a waste of time.
Damn. Did those 5+ hours help them grind some levels at least? I wonder if they're gonna try this again with another raid knowing how much time it takes them. How frequently do new raids get added? I know nothing about Destiny.

Hoo-doo

Banned
20-40 hours of Destiny raiding is necessary to unseat Destiny 2 from any awards.

This is all for the greater good.

Well, if this is supposed to be the holy grail of 'endgame' that Destiny fans pretend it is, it certainly doesn't deserve any.

What a mess. I'd barely classify it as a raid.

Damn. Did those 5+ hours help them grind some levels at least? I wonder if they're gonna try this again with another raid knowing how much time it takes them. How frequently do new raids get added? I know nothing about Destiny.

I think a few of them rose up 1 or 2 light levels but for the most part the engrams they got + loot did jack shit. I mean for one, Abby got a fuck ton of tokens which are useless. New raids being added in are sort of a time to time thing if I'm not mistaken but they do change the order of things you have to do in the raid that is available every week. I don't know what the changes are exactly but they change small stuff here and there, nothing major.

20-40 hours of Destiny raiding is necessary to unseat Destiny 2 from any awards.

This is all for the greater good.

Brad counters with "if it was a bad game you wouldnt have spent 20 hours in the raid!"

Its probably gonna be 10 again though. Same way D1 got in. By Brad taking his stand

I've been slowly going through Mother 3 for the last few months, found my way back to it again last night. I've been playing along with the Fangamer world book / guide thing, alternating between playing through a couple screens and then catching up in the book, and it turns out that playing through a game when you have progress physically represented by a bookmark is a surprisingly cool feeling. Kind of makes me wish there were more portable games that had a book as an integrated part of the experience.

(And yeah, I continue to be surprised by just how damn good the game is.)

TheChits

I've been slowly going through Mother 3 for the last few months, found my way back to it again last night. I've been playing along with the Fangamer world book / guide thing, alternating between playing through a couple screens and then catching up in the book, and it turns out that playing through a game when you have progress physically represented by a bookmark is a surprisingly cool feeling. Kind of makes me wish there were more portable games that had a book as an integrated part of the experience.

The Mother games are something special. Mother 3 manages to be one of the most emotional and delightful games I've played to this day.

BTA

Oh, that's a really cool idea! I think I might go buy Earthbound's and do the same when playing through that now.

Are the "directors cut" PUBG videos just video captured from a different team member than the original video? I guess I don't see the point if they all have shared audio anyway?

LIke, e.g.,
My Big Fat Murder Wedding
and
My Big Fat Murder Wedding (Director's Cut)
Jeff's perspective.
Brad counters with "if it was a bad game you wouldnt have spent 20 hours in the raid!"

Its probably gonna be 10 again though. Same way D1 got in. By Brad taking his stand

I feel like them becoming aware of the "passion game" thing last year will lead to different behaviour this year.

But we're in the darkest timeline so you're probably right.

Played about an hours worth of Cuphead this morning, and damn is it a fun game.

The "Dark Souls" comparisons are kind of overblown though, it's not necessarily tough, but you do need to learn each of the boss's patterns for each 'stage' of their fights.

I think at worst, I died 4-5 times to a boss, and others I beat first try.

Played about an hours worth of Cuphead this morning, and damn is it a fun game.

The "Dark Souls" comparisons are kind of overblown though, it's not necessarily tough, but you do need to learn each of the boss's patterns for each 'stage' of their fights.

I think at worst, I died 4-5 times to a boss, and others I beat first try.

It's also the type of game that gets easier the more stuff you unlock.

I liked the juxtaposition of Jeff saying SMO might be finally making good on the bullshit that is SMS followed by a bunch of clips of SMS being bullshit
I’m so mad I wasn’t in the thread for Dan glitching through a cube or Vinny’s entire Yoshi fruit saga last week.

The video on Youtube is over 9h long but it only shows the last 2h I think.

On the Amazon Fire TV at least.

I think YouTube has a time limit for automatic archives. After it passes that, it needs extra processing or something. Seeing that every time a long stream (like this one) shows a two hour duration, I'm going to assume that that is the time limit. Had the stream been shorter than that, it would've been up in its entirety already.

Man, SCORN is extremely my kind of jam.

k4emuqd.gif

GISICDI.gif

I've always wanted a Giger-esque game in design.

Yeah. It looks great. The game has been a long time sponsor of Easy Allies. I must say, I never expected all that much of anything from the game, considering that sponsorship was the only stuff regarding the game I ever saw. But then IGN showed off the gameplay from PAX and I was stunned.

Browsing PSN's current sale.

Remember Battlefield Hardline?

Damn near forgot that game existed. EA probably want us all to forget that game existed. Jeez was that poorly timed.

- J - D -

I like how Nintendo "gift wraps" Star Fox 2 on the SNES Classic games menu. Like we should be grateful for something that we paid for after they made it a living hell to find one of these classic consoles. For something that most people who really wanted to play it would've found a way more than a decade ago.

Thanks, Nintendo.

This SNES Classic quick look has been good so far.

oti

Banned
I like how Nintendo "gift wraps" Star Fox 2 on the SNES Classic games menu. Like we should be grateful for something that we paid for after they made it a living hell to find one of these classic consoles. For something that most people who really wanted to play it would've found a way more than a decade ago.

Thanks, Nintendo.

This SNES Classic quick look has been good so far.

Wasn't a "living hell" to get one in Europe and I like the gift wrap. It's a nice little touch. Grumpy Mc Grumpington.

patapuf

I mean, they' all played enough to be "raid ready" (so, 20 - 30h) on their own. Vinny is the only one in the crew that hasn't played it.

Aside from PUBG, that's probably the only game this year that really almost everyone will have played for a significant time.

It'll be on the list and Brad won't even have to fight for it.

Teddified

I mean, they' all played enough to be "raid ready" (so, 20 - 30h) on their own. Vinny is the only one in the crew that hasn't played it.

Aside from PUBG, that's probably the only game this year that really almost everyone will have played for a significant time.

It'll be on the list and Brad won't even have to fight for it.

Vinny has been playing it with his family. He left Bakalar and their PC plans in the dust.

oti

Banned
Okay. What do you want me to say to this anecdote? Congrats? Good for you?

Congrats. Good for you.

Whenever you buy a new game on the 3DS it's also gift wrapped. That's not new. And you're not the only person who bought a SNES mini. The whole process of pre-ordering was super easy here.

No need to be so passive aggressive. If you want to complain, by all means go on and complain.

Vinny has been playing it with his family. He left Bakalar and their PC plans in the dust.

Vinny will never love you like you love him, Bakalar!

- J - D -

Whenever you buy a new game on the 3DS it's also gift wrapped. That's not new. And you're not the only person who bought a SNES mini. The whole process of pre-ordering was super easy here.

No need to be so passive aggressive. If you want to complain, by all means go on and complain.

Let me ask you then, when you buy that 3DS game do you have to play the previous entry first to unlock the game you just bought in order to play it?

And it's great that you could easily get your snes. Fuck the rest of us not where you are, right? As long as you got yours.

Damn near forgot that game existed. EA probably want us all to forget that game existed. Jeez was that poorly timed.

Yeah. That was quite awkward. And on top of that it was delayed to then. We ended up getting two "Battle" games from EA in 2015. I think their original goal was one per year, starting with 2013's Battlefield 4. Battlefield: Hardline was supposed to release in fall 2014 originally. With Star Wars: Battlefront in 2015. Instead both Hardline and Battlefront released in the same year. They got back on track, however, with BF1 in 2016 and SWBF2 this year (unless something goes terribly wrong).

I remember when Medal of Honor was their annual(ish) shooter.

- J - D -

There's something magical about how EA has managed to court controversy just by having a Battlefield game exist. With Hardline but also with BF1 and its WW1 insensitivities.

Call of Duty manages to offend sometimes with their "shocking" (or how I like to put it, "schlocking") narrative moments like "No Russian", but no, Battlefield does it just by...being there.

Top Bottom