• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Well that's enough Golf Story for tonight...

But I'll be diving back in after work tomorrow..but Football is also on..but Golf Story.

Yes, Golf Story.

Buy Golf Story.

BUY IT.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can tell Gaf has been sipping the Nintendo kool-aid too hard lately when people think a N64 Mini is a thing that has any reason happening

and I have more nostalgia for that console than any other Nintendo console

robotrock

Banned
blitz has the number in your username always been 240? i could have sworn it was Blitzrules420

I can tell Gaf has been sipping the Nintendo kool-aid too hard lately when people think a N64 Mini is a thing that has any reason happening

There were those N64 controller patents recently. I think it's going to happen. Really don't know what the list is gonna be or how the emulation is gonna go down.

Ashby

Biggest strike against it happening would be how multiplayer-centric the 64 was. No way Nintendo would pack in 4 controllers.

blitz has the number in your username always been 240? i could have sworn it was Blitzrules420
Always has been 240. 24 is my favorite number but I added a zero because it's something I would do. 420 haha. I don't smoke the Devil's lettuce.

NFL Blitz + the number 240 = CAN'T DENY IT.

hamchan

Hearing that email from the guy born in 1998 and then the Beastcast talking about how no one had nostalgia for for PS1 made me sad when it has like a 5x better library than the N64.

BTA

That was weird for me because I actually grew up with the N64 (and was born in 95). And maybe wouldn't want to go back to N64 games as is.

But though I haven't really dug in to the library still, over the past few years I've really grown an appreciation for the PS1's graphics/aesthetics. Though I also like janky games to begin with, so...

Salarians

the only N64 games I have any real memory of or fondness for are Harvest Moon, Mystical Ninja, and Space Station Silicon Valley

everything else is kind of a smudged blur

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cuphead, Gundam Versus and Golf Story are all GOTYC for me

this was all in one week. and we still got a week with Wolf 2 and Mario to go

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
All these new games out, how did I spend my Saturday? I started playing the original X-Com UFO Defense for the first time this afternoon and then I stood up and it was tonight.

That was weird for me because I actually grew up with the N64 (and was born in 95). And maybe wouldn't want to go back to N64 games as is.

But though I haven't really dug in to the library still, over the past few years I've really grown an appreciation for the PS1's graphics/aesthetics. Though I also like janky games to begin with, so...

Also born in 95 (though the SNES was my first console). I definitely feel like I would struggle to come up with 20 N64 games worthy of putting in a N64 Classic, especially once you exclude Rare games and Star Wars games that aren't likely to make it in there. You'd really have to start digging deep into the Mario spinoff titles to fill out that list. The PS1 definitely has a more diverse lineup of games that are still relevant today.

All these new games out, how did I spend my Saturday? I started playing the original X-Com UFO Defense for the first time this afternoon and then I stood up and it was tonight.

I played Mario's Super Picross for the SNES because I felt The Fever and I don't have my Switch yet. Let me tell you, Jupiter has made some real necessary QOL improvements to that series over the years.

BTA

Also born in 95 (though the SNES was my first console). I definitely feel like I would struggle to come up with 20 N64 games worthy of putting in a N64 Classic, especially once you exclude Rare games and Star Wars games that aren't likely to make it in there. You'd really have to start digging deep into the Mario spinoff titles to fill out that list. The PS1 definitely has a more diverse lineup of games that are still relevant today.

I played Mario's Super Picross for the SNES because I felt The Fever and I don't have my Switch yet. Let me tell you, Jupiter has made some real necessary QOL improvements to that series over the years.

The SNES was my first too (along with the Genesis), actually. Just meant we didn't have a PS1.

...honestly I wouldn't be able to either, particularly because a lot of the big Nintendo ones I'd pick have been remade in significant ways already. At least with the SNES Classic, though I'm not really interested in some of the releases and wish they'd swapped some other games I'd heard great things about in, most of them are still things I haven't ever played and am excited to try.

I'd sorta rather a GBC/GBA thing though I guess that'd be hard since it'd involve a screen, unless that's just for show and still plugs into a TV?

TraBuch

Banned
The problem with an N64 classic is that because the games are all 3D, they're just archaic versions of current games. Sure, you can put Smash Bros on there, but every subsequent Smash Bros has improved upon it. Sure, you can out Goldeneye on there, but Goldeneye kinda plays like shit. Sure, you can put Mario 64 on there, but Sunshine is already out there so who wants to play 64? Sure you can put OoT on there, but OoT 3D is just better.

There's literally nothing on the 64 that doesn't have a massively improved sequel or a massively improved remake.

Except Quest 64, I guess.

The problem with an N64 classic is that because the games are all 3D, they're just archaic versions of current games. Sure, you can put Smash Bros on there, but every subsequent Smash Bros has improved upon it. Sure, you can out Goldeneye on there, but Goldeneye kinda plays like shit. Sure, you can put Mario 64 on there, but Sunshine is already out there so who wants to play 64? Sure you can put OoT on there, but OoT 3D is just better.

There's literally nothing on the 64 that doesn't have a massively improved sequel or a massively improved remake.

Except Quest 64, I guess.

Snowboard Kids only got worse after it left the N64

Zornack

Would GoldneEye even be on a N64 classic? I thought there were rights issues tying it up from ever being re-released. And not having GoldenEye would leave it lacking.

Though the SNES one doesn't have Chrono Trigger so it's deficient as well.

robotrock

Banned
I think they do game boy minis before they do n64.

That would be rad but probably more expensive then you would hope.

I would fucking looooooooooooooooooove a Gameboy Micro reissue like this. I never bought one and they're all a little bit more expensive than I'd like.

Also this is totally why Mother 3 didn't come out this past year after those rumors. They're gonna Starfox 2 it in the GBA Classic.

edit: (I'm skipping GB/GBC because you know what. I can't think of any games I want to play on those that aren't on the GBA).

robotrock

Banned
It would be really awesome if Nintendo's Gameboy Advance Classic was a PSP Go

also I think it would be super cool if you could connect the NES Classic, SNES Classic, N64 Classic together like Voltron

robotrock

Banned
Stop releasing plastic pieces of shit, just put them games on the Switch.

this is true too. c'mon nintendo just include a download code for the 20-30 or so games so i can buy one for cheap off of someone on ebay

edit: but also in the case of the gameboy micro reissue that will definitely happen, i'd appreciate that size and would carry it around more than i would with a switch.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
TBF I don't think I would buy any of these games if they didn't have a fun novelty plastic to go with it. That's just me though.

There are too many new games that I'm not playing to revisit old ones.

they should do the Rock Band Blitz/Track Pack/etc thing and give you a download code for VC versions of all the games on the Switch when you get the mini consoles

but Nintendo wants you to buy everything as many times as you can so that'll never happen

Top Bottom