• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

I continued to play V3 but I'm still gonna watch the very start of the raid with some Golf Story before I sleep.

I'm actually going to end up watching all of it across me playing at this rate...

Megasoum

Banned
Finally watching the SNES Classic quicklook.

Man Super Castlevania 4 still has the best music and fuck all the Super Punch-Out hate... The game is fucking amazing.

Just finished Murder Island and CONGRATS on the Chicken Dinner. *claps*

Some nice teamwork there near the end with Jeff being stone fucking cold with those 3 kills, Dan with that assist kill and Brad with the final shot.

Hilariously though it looks like they called the final person's position out around 3 times before they took him out LOL.

Wunder

how many indie games do you think make it to top 10? It seems like this year is so packed with great Western and Japanese AAA releases that it might be difficult for an indie to break through, but I still could see two or three making it in.

For being a big fan of Picross, Dan knows nothing about the lineage and developers of the Picross games.

I'm sending a correction to the Beastcast.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cuphead will probably get onto the top 10

maybe Golf Story if Dan plays it just because it'll probably give him the same 'justo ne more' vibes that I got from Stardew Valley

It took me 30 minutes to beat Cuphead's first level. It breaks my heart but this game is so not fun for me in any way. The visuals and style are so good but goddamn to I dislike everything about playing it. I hate to do it but I am just going to have to go look at the game and marvel at it's art via youtube. :(

Can anyone link me a clip or podcast where Jeff was reading the Nintendo releases and the accent he was using switched from French to like spanish in the same sentence?

Think it was talking about a notepad type of app.

valeo

It took me 30 minutes to beat Cuphead's first level. It breaks my heart but this game is so not fun for me in any way. The visuals and style are so good but goddamn to I dislike everything about playing it. I hate to do it but I am just going to have to go look at the game and marvel at it's art via youtube. :(

Meh, it is not for everyone. They were pretty straight up with people regarding how difficult it is.

Tagyhag

If you're on PC you could always just use a trainer.

BTA

I'm a dumbass who's awake at 3 AM again but I watched the first 2 hours of the raid now.

I'm just gonna sleep in tomorrow and not worry about what I'm doing before noon because that's the only way I get close to fixing my sleep schedule.

Bouncing between many great games works but I'm maybe spreading myself a little too thin this next week... I'll see, I guess.

Toparaman

Banned
The problem with an N64 classic is that because the games are all 3D, they're just archaic versions of current games. Sure, you can put Smash Bros on there, but every subsequent Smash Bros has improved upon it. Sure, you can out Goldeneye on there, but Goldeneye kinda plays like shit. Sure, you can put Mario 64 on there, but Sunshine is already out there so who wants to play 64? Sure you can put OoT on there, but OoT 3D is just better.

There's literally nothing on the 64 that doesn't have a massively improved sequel or a massively improved remake.

Except Quest 64, I guess.

The same applies to the NES, but they both were historically monumental to the development of video games, and so I think there's value to re-releasing them with the original controllers and HDMI support.

And from a business perspective, an N64 classic would sell just fine. I know GAF thinks the games are ungodly levels of ugly and unplayable by modern standards, but they were still a staple of millennial childhoods in many parts of the globe. A lot of millennials who fell off of gaming would pick up a mini N64 just for the nostalgia.

In any case, Nintendo has already filed for a N64 controller logo reminiscent of the logos for the previous Classics, so I'm betting we'll find out next year just what the demand is for 1st gen 3D in this day and age.

hey guys i played the raid with 5 other people who have never done it. i played the role of brad, letting them figure out the mechanics. they got the hub area quickly by themselves. the only part with the gauntlet they couldn't figure out on their own was shooting the two triangles at the same time.

took us 4 hours instead of 8! hoping to finish it before the reset.

Just came back from a screening of, "The Room", it was quite the experience seeing it with a live crowd.

That was my first introduction to it as well. Would recommend. I would say though that collective ritual are enough, not everyone needs to host their own riff Trax in the theater.

Hasney

Best Destiny?

8NDIH0c.png

kiguel182

Hearing that email from the guy born in 1998 and then the Beastcast talking about how no one had nostalgia for for PS1 made me sad when it has like a 5x better library than the N64.

As someone who lives in a PS centric country their response was really disconnected from my reality.

It’s the same every time they talk about the 360. No one had a 360 around me and it wasn’t covered as much as the PS3.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wow, this second stream, it's like the game has sucked every last of life out of them.

I played six hours of Divinity 2 with a friend yesterday and guess what: Not for one second did we get frustrated or hated the decisions in our live that lead us to this.

Just sayin'

Top Bottom