• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Jintor

i've got to that point in samus returns where you feel like a god king with plasma beams and flying shit and i still haven't got screw attack and super bombs

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

seems unlikely? West said they would be doing interviews during the day and most likely wouldn't be done until East has to go home, but hard to say I guess.

Interviews and raid before the reset. However, if one of them didn't reach 280 light level then there's no raid for sure unless they want to bring in someone else? Which seems unlikely because the reason they're doing this is that most of the office have been playing the game.

Jintor

probably worth getting dr3 on vita for me i think... it's the months of dragging out my old dead consoles back for one last hurrah

actually both those persona dancing games are on vita as well, so that might be worth sticking around for too

Catvoca

Banned
probably worth getting dr3 on vita for me i think... it's the months of dragging out my old dead consoles back for one last hurrah

actually both those persona dancing games are on vita as well, so that might be worth sticking around for too

I got it on vita and it runs and looks fine. If you want the voices to not sound compressed as hell you have to download a 1 gig HQ audio pack though.

Wunder

Very interested in how Abby will argue for GOTY. As a millenial, i'm excited for some woke convo's happen'n

me too, hope she sticks to her guns although I think she'll find a lot of people agreeing with her with most things. Vinny vs Abby for Splatoon 2 will be good though

valeo

As someone who lives in a PS centric country their response was really disconnected from my reality.

It’s the same every time they talk about the 360. No one had a 360 around me and it wasn’t covered as much as the PS3.

Me too. I literally knew no one who had an N64.

As someone who lives in a PS centric country their response was really disconnected from my reality.

It’s the same every time they talk about the 360. No one had a 360 around me and it wasn’t covered as much as the PS3.

oh yeah that almost triggered me. thank god for vinny being the voice of reason there. also so many good jrpgs on the ps1, but i guess no one in the beastcast were ever really into the genre.

Just bought Golf Story

Not going to be able to even DL it until my Switch comes tomorrow and after I get home from work, at 9pm :()

All I know about it is from the brief glimpses of gameplay in the Directs and people's impressions ITT

I am Excitebike 64

Probably going to buy Splatoon 2 on Thursday. Is it still popular?

Jintor

yep, you're just in time for a splatfest too which means interest will pick up again over the weekend. Though i dunno if america's was announced yet, but EU and JPN will be warring

I just hope Abby has some passion during the GOTY deliberations because that's something I've felt was missing these last few years. I miss when things would get petty because people were really backing their choices, but now the group is in more of a groove with things and know how to handle eachother and when to push or pull away and that's something that's left the last deliberations feeling a bit clinical as a result.

me too, hope she sticks to her guns although I think she'll find a lot of people agreeing with her with most things. Vinny vs Abby for Splatoon 2 will be good though
Wonder if Vinny will threaten to fire Abby if she pushes hard for Splatoon. His hate for Nintendo knows no bounds.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
OST of the year so far.

1. Nier A
2. Persona 5
3. Ruiner
4. Splatoon 2
5. Danganronpa V3
6. Night in the Woods
7. Subahibi

robotrock

Banned
I don't think Ruiner's soundtrack is original.

I have added both of these Zamilska albums to my library though, can't get enough of them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I thought they didn't really care about that anymore after Hotline Miami?

But yeah it's so good. Sidewalks and Skeletons is amazing also.

Strax

Golf Story is pretty good so far.
But the music is soooooooo inconsistent. Goes from great to terrible and back every 60 secs or so.

Or else you're going to add that MGS V song five billion more times to the Spotify list?

mczClKv.png
https://open.spotify.com/user/karspankey/playlist/7ra8l5I03xsmPMyhGgzXe9

OTI PLEASE

wiD7smw.png

Nier A is the OST to beat this year but you can't do it, it can't be done. Not even a huge fan of the game in general but the OST is amazing and how it's used even more so.

Nerokis

I can't decide between Persona 5, Pyre and Sonic Mania.

Okay, yeah, I really need to get around to playing Pyre. I forgot that it would probably have great music, in addition to all the other stuff that makes it seem so interesting.

Also, going back to an older subject, I think an N64 Mini would be fantastic. The multiplayer aspect gave that console a weird amount of endurance, such that it's probably the only retro console I've seen pulled out at parties. Plus, it has some seminal games I wouldn't mind reexperiencing in front of a TV, N64 controller in hand. Like Pokémon Snap.

robotrock

Banned
Pyres OST is really good but I feel like it works much better in context. I don't listen to it outside of the game as much as I do with Bastion or Transistor.

Being a Supergiant game, that was a bit of a bummer.

Top Bottom