• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Antiwhippy

In the newest best of I like how Vinny is basically this at Dan glitching through the cube.

He's learning to soak in the misery.

so_good.png

BTA

I gotta start listening to NitW's soundtrack more; I bought it during that Bandcamp charity day but haven't really listened to most of it despite loving the soundtrack while playing.

Also, Supergiant just released the acoustic versions of all the songs from the in-game music player in Pyre + all the Never To Return variations too. I've already been listening to the soundtrack a lot so that's great news.

Meguro

Banned
PUBG will win Best Style, Best Graphics, Best Music, Best Story, Best Character, Best Surprise, Best New IP.
Just accept it.

Harpuia

Someone said it earlier but Best new Ubisoft Tower Climber is a really good joke category.

Maybe would've applied in other years though.

Antiwhippy

I think ping will be stanned for hard but not actually by jeff as most people think.

During the raid stream Ben said something to the effect of "pubg might fall at the realisation that the chicken dinners after your first won't feel as good."

Jeff "gotta admit, didn't really feel much for that chicken dinner we got on stream compared to my first one."

robotrock

Banned
I have been assuming Jeff would lead the charge on the Fuck PUBG movement ever since he made his current feelings on the eligibility Early Access games clear.

Antiwhippy

In pubg's corner the biggest fighter we have is Dan "pubg is my goty even though botw is the greatest game I've ever played" ryckert

robotrock

Banned
the Nier: Automata soundtrack makes me feel like I’m alone at waffle house and the jukebox is broken and only micheal mcdonald plays out of it

BTA

breezy what do you enjoy

In pubg's corner the biggest fighter we have is Dan "pubg is my goty even though botw is the greatest game I've ever played" ryckert

I am wondering if Destiny and BotW DLC will affect this and also if he will just push for all 3 of them.

Antiwhippy

Look, persona 4 is like 80's new revival shitwave while 5 is melodic witchcrap.

Gotta try harder than that breezy.

BTA

probably worth getting dr3 on vita for me i think... it's the months of dragging out my old dead consoles back for one last hurrah

actually both those persona dancing games are on vita as well, so that might be worth sticking around for too

My Vita's gotten so much use lately but I feel this because Culdcept snuck up on me so I guess I'm dusting off my 3DS soon.

and then there's that copy of Miitopia and some other stuff I'll inevitably play on it later down the road, like Layton, and so on

I got it on vita and it runs and looks fine. If you want the voices to not sound compressed as hell you have to download a 1 gig HQ audio pack though.

I will say there is some visual compression, mostly during cutscenes, but it's largely fine. There's also what I think might be like... interface lag, where people's names take a little too long to switch? But I can't tell if that's just a stylistic thing as I haven't see the PS4 version and I stopped noticing it within the first chapter anyway though it did bug me a lot at first.

You'll need that audio pack if you want JP voices as well.

Persona 5 for soundtrack and style for me, but I spent over 150 hours with the damn thing so it's not like I'm anywhere close to objective in my assessment.

Also I keep hearing great things about Night in the Woods, but not necessarily about the gameplay of Night in the Woods. Would I be better off buying and watching a playthrough in my spare time or buying and playing?

(I wanna support the dev because the dev is fucking rad.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honest question; what are the ten games with better soundtracks than P5 that you've played this year?

(It's probably the high end of top 5 for me, if that, but still)

Ruiner
Sonic Mania
Cuphead
Golf Story
Mario & Rabbids
Yakuza 0
Heat Signature
Observer
Matterfall
Night In The Woods
Pyre
Sundered

BTA

Also I keep hearing great things about Night in the Woods, but not necessarily about the gameplay of Night in the Woods. Would I be better off buying and watching a playthrough in my spare time or buying and playing?

(I wanna support the dev because the dev is fucking rad.)

I think playing is what you'd want, because the only criticism I'd say about the gameplay is that if you're not pacing yourself with playing it might get slightly tedious/repetitive. But none of that is due to challenge or anything that would be alleviated by watching, just due to you seeing what's happening in the town each day. Along those lines someone playing might choose not to talk to people you want to talk to on certain days, etc. etc. and you could miss things.

Furthermore you do have to choose who to hang out with at certain points, so if the person you're watching doesn't align with what you'd pick you're gonna miss some stuff you probably want to see.

...along those lines, I really need to replay it soon to see all the stuff I didn't pick.

Persona 5s music problem is that its generic anime music that blends together, meaning it has nothing that defines it, both in structure or thematically.

Because it is generic anime music, those who like it usually come from a background who dont watch anime, so it gives off the impression of being good music, when it is not. The nonsenical lyrics in the battle themes that loop on a 50 second timer is also a bit of a gimmick that gets tiring the 5th time youve heard it.

There is no thematic cohesion offered Personas 5 soundtrack that hasnt been covered already in just as bad a way as previous personas, thus it being in a blender where if you shared a random track of P4 and P5 without any monikors, people wouldnt know which belonged to which.

So I got a PS4 Pro to replace my regular. Did the transfer process and activated it as my primary PS4 and still every time I boot it up it asks me to restore my licenses to play any digital games. I've checked that my old one is deactivated and it says my new one is my active one but it sure isn't acting like it. Anyone else come across this issue?

Harpuia

I agree that there's most definitely 5 games with a better OST this year but c'mon it's not unremarkable.

Persona 4 at least used it's main theme in ways you would use a main theme.

Persona 5 feels like it went "uhh what's the main theme for this game" at the 80 hour mark in the last palace.

I hate Persona 5 as much as anyone but hating Persona 5's music means not appreciating funky bass lines and thus having bad taste in music. That's the rules. The battle music kinda sucks though. And it's still not a patch on Nier's OST.

Top Bottom