• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

So is Kingdom Heartache officially dead?

Nope. There's going to be another batch of interviews on Monday as Jeff mentioned on the Friday raid stream(Jeff and Brad are out on assignment but will come back later). They've been doing interviews ever since last week or so? We'll get a raid stream tomorrow(if all of them are at light level 280 or above).

Kingdom Heartache is just a long (even more boring unbelievably) UPF segment with no punch line or entertaining conversation. We'd be so lucky that it gets canned.

Nerokis

Yes, that is the real ending of MM7.

MM doesn't get a chance to kill Dr. Wily, he's rescued by Bass.

Saw it for the first time in an AGDQ. It was a fun moment.

I beat the game around a month ago, and even having heard the ending was something else, I still wasn't prepared for it.

It's great, though. It seemed to come straight out of nowhere, but honestly,
of course Mega Man is tired of Dr. Wily's shit and has been increasingly leaning toward committing murder throughout his internal, unseen, 7 game long ethical struggle

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Speaking of which, have we got any news that they will continue the raid on Monday or will they be taking a few to grind some light or however that system works.

Speaking of which, have we got any news that they will continue the raid on Monday or will they be taking a few to grind some light or however that system works.

Monday is when the raid restarts late at night if I'm not mistaken(all I know is that it's on Monday). It's either Monday or never and it'll be never if one of them weren't able to level up to light level 280 or above because anything lower then that and it's useless.

BTA

Watched more of the raid while playing Golf Story even if I didn't intend to do that for so long. Hit their lunch break in the first day.

It's more entertaining to have on in the background than expected. And seeing them start nailing it was good.

but from now it's just gonna take forever

Monday is when the raid restarts late at night if I'm not mistaken(all I know is that it's on Monday). It's either Monday or never and it'll be never if one of them weren't able to level up to light level 280 or above because anything lower then that and it's useless.

Brad said like 4am Tuesday morning is when it resets, but I bet they'll have to sub someone in unless Alex and Abby have stepped it up.

Brad said like 4am Tuesday morning is when it resets, but I bet they'll have to sub someone in unless Alex and Abby have stepped it up.

Well, the reason they are doing this raid in the first place is because most of the office are playing the game. To bring in someone else sort of defeats that purpose which is why Brad said it's a waste of time to do the raid if one of them was not at that light level. However, who knows what'll happen on Monday, maybe nothing lol.

As for when it restarts I thought it was midnight or something from what I remember Brad saying but I'm not 100% sure so, yeah.

Well, the reason they are doing this raid in the first place is because most of the office are playing the game. To bring in someone else sort of defeats that purpose which is why Brad said it's a waste of time to do the raid if one of them was not at that light level. However, who knows what'll happen on Monday, maybe nothing lol.

As for when it restarts I thought it was midnight or something from what I remember Brad saying but I'm not 100% sure so, yeah.

It resets 2 am(if its like D1).

Antiwhippy

Like honestly I feel like their problem always was that they start figuring the raid out when they're the most frazzled because they're doing these long ass streams.

Coming in fresh I can see them beating it in 3 to 4 hours.

Like honestly I feel like their problem always was that they start figuring the raid out when they're the most frazzled because they're doing these long ass streams.

Coming in fresh I can see them beating it in 3 to 4 hours.

The realest of problems is that the raid displays "RECOMMENDED LIGHT LEVEL 270" and it is a total lie. It should be 300.
Reset means they lose all their progress, yes? Also, yeah this is surprisingly fun background noise.

Yes.

Strax

Why a game in 2017 would not restart you when you have 3 balls (starting with 5/6) to make 4 separated shots instead of making you hit those 3 balls in failstate is beyond me. Same goes with repeating the dialouge boxes you have to click through when you retry something.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
There are some bad things about the raid, but I'm *incredibly* impressed that something like this has the budget to be made in 2017. I can't believe someone was like "yep, you can spend the equivalent of many annual salaries on this unique shit so that like 1% of your playerbase can see this". The amount of support this raid required touched every single fucking part of the development process (art, animation, programming, sound, project management, live support, unique matchmaking services, etc etc etc)... shit on Bungie all you want, that's absurd and kind of amazing. It's a curiosity it nothing else.

I mean, Brad could in theory progress with another team to the boss relatively quickly then bring in the crew again for the boss. (Save progress in the raid is entirely tied to the leader, but the game tracks which rewards you've received independently per week.)

BTA

Why a game in 2017 would not restart you when you have 3 balls (starting with 5/6) to make 4 separated shots instead of making you hit those 3 balls in failstate is beyond me. Same goes with repeating the dialouge boxes you have to click through when you retry something.

Sometimes this makes sense because actually sinking the shot gives you 2 points compared to 1 for making it into the general area, but sometimes that's not true. It also sometimes doesn't even show how many shots you have left for things.

It's really weird and inconsistent and needs a restart option regardless.

It's nice to be able to practice the later setups, but there should absolutely be a reset option or at least the ability to exit the challenge.

Hasney

Given the gimmick, I guess he has to wait for the rest of the East crew to have free time?
please don't waste any more of East's time, Ben

Why? They waste time with Destiny 2 and Murder Island and I would absolutely prefer Kingdom Heartache to either.

Hang on, are you guys telling me there's 17 hours of this raid on the site and they didn't fucking finish it? I hope they don't use up any more feature time for it, was bummed there was no Playdate or UPF this week.

There’s not a chance in hell Jeff allows Destiny to be GOTY after this raid, and he’s been limbering up for his anti-PUBG arguments for a month or two now.

If Odyssey catches him just right, we could have a fight on our hands.

Zocano

Hang on, are you guys telling me there's 17 hours of this raid on the site and they didn't fucking finish it? I hope they don't use up any more feature time for it, was bummed there was no Playdate or UPF this week.

I believe they will be trying it one last time tomorrow.

Which they most likely will be able to get it.

repeater

I've got the Destiny raid on in the background while I'm packing, and
ghost Vinny feeding Abby stupid random shit to sneak into the conversation
is the funniest thing ever :p

Hasney

I believe they will be trying it one last time tomorrow.

Which they most likely will be able to get it.

I'd hope they fail for the laughs, but that would probably mean they would try again in the future and rob us of SMS, UPF and a Playdate once again, so go team!

BTA

I'm only 44 minutes into the first video, and so far it's happened three times or so, can't get you specific timestamps unfortunately..

Yeah, it's mostly early on and then when they break for lunch (a little before 4 hours in on episode 1).

Antiwhippy

How much of that is to sabotage their goodwill for destiny 2.

Even dan was in a negative headspace by the end of the 2nd one lol.

Top Bottom