• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I'm sure many enjoy it but I hate that the Raid has taken up like 16 hours of content...

Eh, it's saved me the money I would have spent buying the PC version. I was about to order the game despite burning out hard on the original, but this raid has convinced me to hold off for a while.

Still got 2 hours left on part 2 of the raidathon. It's great background content for work but I think in future, for the sake of their sanity, they might want to set a hard time limit on these kind of streams. I feel pretty awful for Vinny and Abby being in the studio for that length of time.

hamchan

I'm still looking forward to Destiny 2 PC because I'm confident I can beat the raid in like 1/4 of the time it took Giant Bomb :)

Zocano

Saying "I dislike thing and don't want to watch this" isn't some unreasonable thing guys.

Oh, no, that's totally reasonable. But I think it's silly to equate it to losing 8 hours of something I would watch when other content may end up being just as unappealing to you.

Also, people skipping over the XCOM gameplay is weird to me but I love watching all sorts of XCOM let's play.

They got kinda screwed on RNG but there was a ton of risk mitigation they could have done (and some poor positioning).

Saying "I dislike thing and don't want to watch this" isn't some unreasonable thing guys.

Sure, but the incessant whining in this thread is fucking tiresome.

Yeah, I get it, you don't like UPF/Murder Island/Destiny. I'm so glad you shared that important, new opinion with us all.

The destiny stream whining is particularly annoying. GB did a couple of one-off (not regular) streams last week, and you'd have thought they had cancelled all other programming forever if you read this thread.

Seriously, if you don't like a piece of GB content -- keep your complaints to yourself and don't watch it.

It's just that simple!

I find the Destiny streams interesting, as they are a rare look at multiple GB duders working together to overcome a co-op challenge. How often have we had that? Like once a year?

The entitlement levels in this thread is nuts.

I'd much rather see them try a new stream and possibly have it suck, then having them pump out more episodes of the same shows over and over.

Seriously, if you don't like a piece of GB content -- keep your complaints to yourself and don't watch it.

Why should they? This thread is to talk about Giant Bomb, not just positive opinions about Giant Bomb.

Also, given that people actually pay money to watch a lot of this content they should be able to express their opinions on it.

Why should they? This thread is to talk about Giant Bomb, not just positive opinions about Giant Bomb.

Also, given that people actually pay money to watch a lot of this content they should be able to express their opinions on it.

Sure. If someone has a new thought or idea, great. If you have a detailed treatise on the sorry state of UPF -- let's have that discussion.

But this fucking 'uuugh _______ sux' shit has to stop. There's no discussion there, just entitled whining.

I'm sure many enjoy it but I hate that the Raid has taken up like 16 hours of content...

You do know that the two raid streams likely only 'replaced' like 4 hours of content, right? UPF + SMS + Playdate.

If they didn't do those streams, it's not like they would have just used that same time to make 16 hours of normal content.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, in the end, people paid money expecting a certain content. No need to hit back telling them they shouldn't complain. I mostly think it's fine as long as things don't get super shitty against the staff or the people participating in this thread.

We don't have to meet eye to eye. Just exist in parallel to each other.

Sometimes it gets a bit much for me too but I either don't engage really or just talk about the positives I have towards the current targeted content.

Eh, in the end, people paid money expecting a certain content. No need to hit back telling them they shouldn't complain. I mostly think it's fine as long as things don't get super shitty against the staff or the people participating in this thread.

We don't have to meet eye to eye. Just exist in parallel to each other.

GB does not promise any particular content on a indelible schedule, save for the Bomb and Beast Casts.

Literally GB did something different for two days, and entitled people are talking about having 'paid money' for particular content and being unhappy.

If you want a soulless content farm, go to any of the soulless YouTube channels.

If they literally don't put out anything for a few weeks -- then we have a reasonable basis for talking about out subscription fees. But they take two days and made content you didn't like?

It's almost as if not everything appeals to everyone...

Antiwhippy

Like really, my biggest beef with the raid so far is that everything Calus came up with using the fucking axes, dog, goblet and whatever fuck are like the most complicated ways to defeat him.

Most of the time evil masterminds are supposed to come up with complicated ways to not defeat them.

He could have sat on his ass with his cup and nobody could touch him.

Wunder

Like really, my biggest beef with the raid so far is that everything Calus came up with using the fucking axes, dog, goblet and whatever fuck are like the most complicated ways to defeat him.

Most of the time evil masterminds are supposed to come up with complicated ways to not defeat them.

:thinking:

Just like people complaining about it doesnt appeal to you.

I'm pretty sure the complaining in this thread is fueling Dan for years to come.

This is not a good comment.

The reason this bitching about the Destiny streams sets me off (beyond the tired nature of the bitching in here in general) is the fear it will scare GB from doing more unique/one-or-two-off streams in the future.

How many people here complain about how rote West and UPF have been lately? But then, what happens when they do something unique? Dozens of pages of whining and complaints of 'I paid for UPF damnit'.

Also, get some goddamned class like everyone who doesn't care for th tired and lazy crap like DOTA/Ranking of Fighters/etc.

Do you realize how much time West spends talking about two of the smallest and most marginal sections of gaming? It's crazy. I don't pay because I want to hear them ramble on the boring minutae of iframes and six-pools.

But I have the class to generally shut up about it and let those who enjoy that enjoy it in peace.

There should be a secret ending to the raid where an invisible hunter can go up and poison his goblet then he dies straight away.

Life just isn't interesting without at least the hint of danger.

Dude was bored.

Antiwhippy

Life just isn't interesting without at least the hint of danger.

Dude was bored.

I mean in the end it could be cool if the raid is about Calus seeking a challenger worth facing.

But it's so fucking protracted I can't remember if it even has a story. :p

I mean in the end it could be cool if the raid is about Calus seeking a challenger worth facing.

But it's so fucking protracted I can't remember if it even has a story. :p

Yeah. The individual pieces seem kinda neat, but the difficulty and tight timing seems unbalanced.

When all the duders are above the recommended level, and it's considered impossible for them to beat it at those levels -- that fuckup is on Bungie, not the crew.

S5DR4eN.png

the year of too many games continues

daveo42

Banned
Oh man...there's another Destiny stream tonight right? Another four hours of heartache followed by pajama Vinny. Uploading Destiny streams should be a part of Vinny's Extra Life.

oti

Banned
I feel like I'm close to having to upgrade my PC. AC Syndicate runs on low (I don't mind) but the tower gets pretty warm. Usually it's really cool. Built it a few years ago with a 770 and an i5 4430 3x 3GHz (I have no idea what these numbers mean). But I'm really not looking forward to purchasing that expensive stuff and opening up the case.

Hasney

I feel like I'm close to having to upgrade my PC. AC Syndicate runs on low (I don't mind) but the tower gets pretty warm. Usually it's really cool. Built it a few years ago with a 770 and an i5 4430 3x 3GHz (I have no idea what these numbers mean). But I'm really not looking forward to purchasing that expensive stuff and opening up the case.

That AC engine is just CPU hungry. I wouldn't upgrade based on that unless you run into other things spinning it up like crazy.

I have much better hardware and AC Unity/Syndicate are a couple of the only games to make the fans spin up to the point where I notice.

Lari

I've been playing Cuphead but made very little progress so far.
Granted, i'm bad at video games but i'm wondering what the hell have I gotten myself into.

Game's style is insanely well realized though.

Tunoku

You’re from Germany, right? Everyone I know recommends mind factory for parts. I’m building my first PC soon and going with a Ryzen 1600 plus 1060, which is in the middle of the park budget-wise. Or are you getting one pre-built?

oti

Banned
That AC engine is just CPU hungry. I wouldn't upgrade based on that unless you run into other things spinning it up like crazy.

I have much better hardware and AC Unity/Syndicate are a couple of the only games to make the fans spin up to the point where I notice.
Really? Good to know. Everything else runs perfectly fine. It's just this game so far.
You’re from Germany, right? Everyone I know recommends mind factory for parts. I’m building my first PC soon and going with a Ryzen 1600 plus 1060, which is in the middle of the park budget-wise. Or are you getting one pre-built?
I totally bought my parts from Mindfactory too! 🤗

BTA

This is not a good comment.

The reason this bitching about the Destiny streams sets me off (beyond the tired nature of the bitching in here in general) is the fear it will scare GB from doing more unique/one-or-two-off streams in the future.

How many people here complain about how rote West and UPF have been lately? But then, what happens when they do something unique? Dozens of pages of whining and complaints of 'I paid for UPF damnit'.

Also, get some goddamned class like everyone who doesn't care for th tired and lazy crap like DOTA/Ranking of Fighters/etc.

Do you realize how much time West spends talking about two of the smallest and most marginal sections of gaming? It's crazy. I don't pay because I want to hear them ramble on the boring minutae of iframes and six-pools.

But I have the class to generally shut up about it and let those who enjoy that enjoy it in peace.

Wait, are you calling Dota a small/marginal section of gaining?

There are currently 600k people playing it on Steam.

Lunar FC

I've been playing Cuphead but made very little progress so far.
Granted, i'm bad at video games but i'm wondering what the hell have I gotten myself into.

Game's style is insanely well realized though.

Basically me. Can't get out of world 1. 😅

Meguro

Banned
I'm at the end of World 2 in Cuphead and kinda bored.
The bossfights are more tedious than difficult and the regular stages are a waste of time. Pretty disappointed.

Tunoku

I bought Wolfenstein The New Order recently. Never played a game in the series, but it seems like the kind of shooter campaign I’d enjoy. There are too many fucking games coming out, I want to remove it from my backlog before the storm.

LiK

I bought Wolfenstein The New Order recently. Never played a game in the series, but it seems like the kind of shooter campaign I’d enjoy. There are too many fucking games coming out, I want to remove it from my backlog before the storm.

Awesome game. The weakest part is the prologue so just get through that and it only goes up from there.

Lunar FC

I bought Wolfenstein a whim the week it came out because I was bored that summer
(I miss being unemployed)
. Game ended up blowing me away. Enjoy and get ready for Colossus!

Zaph

ExCorps
damn, they got xcom'ed. Some choices probably could have been handled better, but that was a real run of bad luck

BTA

I picked up Cuphead but I ended up playing Danganronpa V3 all weekend. So good.

I picked up V3 but ended up...

Well, I still played it all weekend but played a lot more Golf Story than I expected due to watching the raid while playing. Which is not exactly a problem, I guess. It's just not what I expected to play the most of on Friday, when I specifically took off to play V3, hah.

At this rate I'll probably play more Golf Story during the raid tonight, and then leave it for a bit while I play V3 over the course of the week? Hmm.

Ok, since last weeks' little XCOM 101 seems to have actually made an impression on the Corps (they used the Abomination's squadsight much better this time), I thought I'd just go into two other abilities they seem to not quite understand.

Disabling Shot and Suppression

The Abomination's Disabling Shot and the heavy/support's Suppression (
RIP Austin
) are skills you generally use at the end of the turn when you need to buy yourself time. This can be because you're facing a dangerous enemy you're unable to kill this turn (like the Cyberdisc), or an enemy you don't want to kill (because you're trying to capture it alive, or it's a mind controlled team mate you hope to save.)

Suppression will pin a target down, preventing them from moving and give them a 30% aim penalty. It will also knock them out of Overwatch.

Disabling Shot causes their main weapon to stop working, forcing them to waste a turn reloading before they can use it again.

(Note that even when hit by theses, enemies may still use any of their secondary abilities like poison spit, grenades, psionic attacks, etc. without penalty.)

Anyway, keep up the good work Corps! It was very cool to see Dan actually improve his play this week. Still have a way to go, but keep it up and who knows!

Just finished getting A to A+ on every boss on world's 1-3 in cuphead and
pacifist grade
on the run and gun levels last night. Unlocked
black and white and 2 strip mode and they are pretty neat
Tried to get A+ on every boss but I want to live to see another day.The game becomes really fun for me when you have to analyze enemy phases and movements and know when to attack and when to hold for the next attack and which gun is perfect for each scenario. It makes me want to rip my hair out when bosses change up patterns on the fly and screws everything up and
not be able to shoot anything for the pacifist levels and getting hit by the simplest things

It is a top 10 game for me right now. Having alot of fun though and should be fun to run through with my brother during the holidays.

Top Bottom