• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I'm willing to bet a shine that Alex, Ben, and Abby just said nope to the idea of trying to increase their power levels over the weekend, especially after how they left off the raid stream last Friday. They are actually sane, normal people who would see that as work. Don't think they're the type to do that on a weekend for a stream that may or may not happen because of scheduling!

So yeah, even if they do attempt the raid again later, it's likely they still don't beat it because their DPS will be lacking.

I'm honestly more excited about the prospect of having a new person in the SF office in 2-3 weeks.

Rainmaker

Banned
I really hope they finish the raid tonight. They've worked too hard on it to get to this point only to fail. It's been a fun break in content for me. Wouldn't mind them grinding out every raid that comes out to break up what they've been doing. It feels like a special event

Ben's Light Level is 287. Abby and Alex are 275. Dan is on par with Brad now.

I think loadouts are more important than levels to an extent. DPS largely depends on having coldheart + a cluster rocket. Inside they really should have something along the lines of Better Devils or Nameless Midnight to instantly kill ground scions. They also need to figure out their routs and realise they need to assign scions and cross fire. Then on the outside they need to figure out how not to die.

From where they were last time I felt like they thought they knew what they were doing whilst getting screwed over by the game when their real issue was they didn't know the specifics of what they were doing.

oti

Banned
I really hope they finish the raid tonight. They've worked too hard on it to get to this point only to fail. It's been a fun break in content for me. Wouldn't mind them grinding out every raid that comes out to break up what they've been doing. It feels like a special event

I feel the same way.

I hope they try it tonight and are successful, like others said they put a ton of effort in and it would suck if they end up not being able to.

Harpuia

Are they restarting completely or will they resume from Calus

Also: Stardew Valley is for sale on the switch October 5th!!! I still haven't gotten a game on it, so I'm quite chuffed that it's so soon!

daveo42

Banned
Based on youtube views alone, another stream is most likely locked in for this evening. Updates in light numbers means people are more closely geared for the raid as well. Abby and Alex also have several hours to kick those numbers up above 280.

SGeUaNo.png

Year of a fuck ton of games continues

Scizzy

I agree, so long as they can find six people on staff to do them. I really enjoyed these streams, but dropped off the D1 raids pretty quickly when they only had 2-3 members of the staff on there.

Wow that's great news about Stardew! I think it's about time I played it, and Switch is a perfect platform to do so. Still have to play Mario+Rabbids, and of course Odyssey.

Fireblend

Banned
Man, all these Switch games. Steamworld Dig 2 is probably my indie GotY, Golf Story is pretty decent, Picross is as addictive as it'll ever be and now I get to try out Stardew Valley on Thursday. And that was just last week.

I held out on buying SDV waiting for a portable version and it's finally happening. So good.

cilonen

I'm willing to bet a shine that Alex, Ben, and Abby just said nope to the idea of trying to increase their power levels over the weekend, especially after how they left off the raid stream last Friday. They are actually sane, normal people who would see that as work. Don't think they're the type to do that on a weekend for a stream that may or may not happen because of scheduling!

So yeah, even if they do attempt the raid again later, it's likely they still don't beat it because their DPS will be lacking.

I'm honestly more excited about the prospect of having a new person in the SF office in 2-3 weeks.

Abby tweeted yesterday I think that she'd played a bunch more to level up and was "at a low" so it's hard to say if they'll try again.

I'd be happy if they moved on though - no point in banging your head against a game enough to make you hate it.

270-280 is probably the worst grind of the game. I wouldn't want to try and get that done immediately after 10 hours of banging my head against a wall.

swimbuff

Is Stardew Valley really an 80 hour game? I want to get into it but I'm afraid I won't have the time.

I think there's a certain type of game I want to play on the Switch and it seems to be indie 2d pixel art titles. I've put more hours into Golf Story than I have into BotW, Mario Kart, Splatoon and Rabbids combined.

Is Stardew Valley really an 80 hour game? I want to get into it but I'm afraid I won't have the time.

I think there's a certain type of game I want to play on the Switch and it seems to be indie 2d pixel art titles. I've put more hours into Golf Story than I have into BotW, Mario Kart, Splatoon and Rabbids combined.

It is however long you want it to be... there isn't a set end time etc. The only thing close it your
grandfathers ghost like 2 or 3 years in?
Can't remember exactly when but yea.

Valtýr

amazing week for the switch indeed, can't wait to double dip on all of these games i've bought elsewhere

Ports show an interest in the system for 3rd parties to support it. Shows that - as long as these titles continue to sell - you will continue to see smaller Indie games show up on the platform.

It's the reason we got Golf Story.

Harpuia

I sincerely hope that the switch becomes what the vita really wanted to be. All these titles making it over to the switch is good, and if this keeps up, then it can only be better.

Valtýr;250687145 said:
Ports show an interest in the system for 3rd parties to support it. Shows that - as long as these titles continue to sell - you will continue to see smaller Indie games show up on the platform.

It's the reason we got Golf Story.

I sincerely hope that the switch becomes what the vita really wanted to be. All these titles making it over to the switch is good, and if this keeps up, then it can only be better.

Exactly. It is definitely a good sign... and honestly having some of these on Switch is awesome. Definitely my favorite console by a longshot.

Hey guys, remember all those ports that came to the Wii-U? Just so many.

Glad to see the Switch has picked up the pace, I like playing these games mobile, especially as traditional game time becomes less easy to come by.

Lingitiz

Exactly. It is definitely a good sign... and honestly having some of these on Switch is awesome. Definitely my favorite console by a longshot.

I own nearly all of the titles on this list and have barely put time into them, but with the Switch I'll definitely be putting in the hours for each. It's just the perfect system for indie games.

swimbuff

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll get Stardew and disappear from life for a while.

Seems like a good time to be disconnected from the world.

Where the Forza 7, Golf Story, and Divinity 2 QL's? :(

Jeff was posting on Twitter about Forza 7 over the weekend, he was not pleased with the loot box system at all.

Golf Story just came out on Thursday, so I am guessing that will come soon.

Vinny said he was playing Divinity 2 on the latest Beastcast, I know that is a huge game so I wonder how far in he will go before making the QL.

Tagyhag

Holy shit, what a week for the Switch.

While those are all ports, it shows that 3rd parties are waaaaaay more interested compared to the WiiU.

The Switch is likely to become the new Vita when it comes to indie support, it's really cool.

Nintendo should cater to them as much as they can. They make some bombass games, but you need other experiences while waiting for the 1st party output.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Uncharted Lost Legacy was really good. It's what Uncharted 4 should have been. Much closer to UC2 in terms of pace/puzzles/combat.
Chloe is the best character in the Uncharted universe

Top Bottom