• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

daveo42

Banned
ExCorps:
Holy shit this run just went to shit right at the end. Everything dropping all at once kind of fucked him.

Oakinn

last week Whippy sold me on Golf story and I put in a few hours and I freaking love it.

1) thanks whippy

2) Play this game people.

also, my 2nd run thru the raid took 4 hours with 3 new people. I hope they get it today.

Hindl

Yeah I liked Golf Story but wasn't completely sold on it because I was stuck trying to figure out what to do at one point. My fault for mashing through dialogue and text boxes. But then I figured it out and got everything on track, and that game's great. Wish it had tutorials you could later access though and the music is fine but nothing special

I bought Wolfenstein The New Order recently. Never played a game in the series, but it seems like the kind of shooter campaign I’d enjoy. There are too many fucking games coming out, I want to remove it from my backlog before the storm.

Congrats, it's a game that's gotten better as time's gone on. Remember stealth is insanely OP and just power through that first level. It ends real well, but prior to that, it feels like the worst of old Calladoodie

I'm still looking forward to Destiny 2 PC because I'm confident I can beat the raid in like 1/4 of the time it took Giant Bomb :)

I wonder how they'll handle end game difficulty on the PC. A lot of these raid mechanics are trivialized when you have a mouse and keyboard.

Valtýr;250635725 said:
I finished it in about 4 or 5 hours and not really seeing much to do after the main story line except some of the puzzles

I must be bad at video games. It took me about 10 (OG Steamworld took me about 5), and I even played on easy. I could see how you can find your way through in 4 or 5, but I also spent a great chunk of my time grinding to unlock the very best out of my gear. Some of the upgrades for the jetpack and the belt are insane.

swimbuff

Golf Story is a neat game. Buggy in some later parts but loaded with charm. My main complaint is that there is a section later on at Tidy Park
where some rapping occurs, and wow were the rhymes godawful. They should have hired someone to write them the rhymes.
Another thing that annoys me is the inconsistency in applying rules for failure in their challenges (most times you're allowed to miss, but in some you can't miss at all).

Anyway, it's these are nitpicky complaints. The game is good. Definitely the second best golfing game on the Switch, behind Neo Turf Masters.

oti

Banned
Golf Story is a neat game. Buggy in some later parts but loaded with charm. My main complaint is that there is a section later on where
some rapping occurs, and wow were the rhymes godawful. They should have hired someone to write them the rhymes.

Anyway, super nitpicky complaint. The game is good. Definitely the second best golfing game on the Switch, behind Neo Turf Masters.

Are the
rhymes
good bad or bad bad?

xuchu

Have they actually confirmed anywhere they are going to continue the raid? Brad and Jeff are too busy today right? They all just seemed broken by the end of the stream.

LiK

Jeff said they had some interviews today and will need to get through that before raid. I love inside info on stream.

Hindl

Oh yeah I've had some bugs in Golf Story, including one that locked up the game and I had to completely reset the system

Tagyhag

Even if they had a full day, I don't know if they'd get through the entire last section.

Unless Abby and Alex seriously geared up.

Scizzy

Jeff said they had some interviews today and will need to get through that before raid. I love inside info on stream.

I felt like it still wasn't a sure thing unless Alex/Abby/Ben pick up a few levels or even that Brad/Jeff will have time.

By the way, it's kind of curious that Vinny doesn't seem to be part of these interviews, isn't it? He'll be the new hire's supervisor, right?

BTA

I felt like it still wasn't a sure thing unless Alex/Abby/Ben pick up a few levels or even that Brad/Jeff will have time.

By the way, it's kind of curious that Vinny doesn't seem to be part of these interviews, isn't it? He'll be the new hire's supervisor, right?

It's a West hire. So Jason would be the producer that's relevant.

Latest Episode of Exquisite Corps:

SPOILERS:

For the first time in a while, I don't blame Dan. XCOM went full XCOM on him.
It couldn't be helped.

BTA

My understanding is that Vinny is the boss of all the producers, regardless of coast.

Fair, hmm.

IIRC Abby said her process was HR/recruiter on the phone, in-person panel, and another in-person panel where she got the offer? So I'd imagine Vinny would just be called in for one of the in-persons.

Valtýr

Oh yeah I've had some bugs in Golf Story, including one that locked up the game and I had to completely reset the system

I had a weird bug where I had to go talk to the disc golf people and when the dialogue triggered my character was like "So, nice disc golf huh?" or something along those lines and then they didn't respond. And I sat there for like a minute because I figured it was just a little piece of comic timing where they were ignoring me.

Turns out the thing was bugged and the dialogue just didn't trigger. Restarted the game and it worked fine.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So cuphead is pretty good.

But takes some getting used to on the keyboard.

Like really getting used to. But I feel that I'm pretty comfortable with it now. Needed a few keybind changes but hey.

Also I feel like I die more often going for the parry than not.

Oakinn

my switch wouldnt turn on at all this morning. Was super pissed about it as I was gonna use it on a flight later this week. Turns out all it needed was a reset. Held down power for 15 seconds and tried again and it worked.

Like really getting used to. But I feel that I'm pretty comfortable with it now. Needed a few keybind changes but hey.

Why don't you use a controller dawg?

BTA

I'm working from home today so I have the rest of the first part of the raid going in the background.

It turns out it's still entertaining but less fun than when my primary activity was playing Golf Story, to no surprise.

I'm sure Vinny is involved since it is a producer. Might not be till the next interview or however the process works. Abby mentioned multiple interviews.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why don't you use a controller dawg?

Because I only have a 360 controller for PC and fuck that.

I guess I could try hooking up by ds4 again but the last game I tried that with didn't work.

Also I beat super meat Boy and dustforce on the keyboard anyway. At some point inputs are inputs. I'll give the ds4 a shake though.

swimbuff

Are the
rhymes
good bad or bad bad?

Bad bad. It was presented as some grand face-off but fell really flat.

XCorps spoiler:
Sure, Dan got screwed by the RNG there but his tactical mistake got him into that position in the first place. Facing such a large number of enemies, he should have retreated and regrouped instead of blazing forward putting his soldiers in line of fire. RIP Austin and Mary, and the other guy everyone barely knows.

Wait are they really doing another raid stream?

First they came for SMS
Then they came for GBE Playdate
And now they've come for Murder Island

Unsubbed

robotrock

Banned

I guess I could try hooking up by ds4 again but the last game I tried that with didn't work.

Also I beat super meat Boy and dustforce on the keyboard anyway. At some point inputs are inputs. I'll give the ds4 a shake though.

i believe on the steam version, you just plug the ds4 in and play, with playstation controller prompts and all

DS4 works perfect for every game I've tried.

LiK

First they came for SMS

Unsubbed

giphy.gif

I remapped some of the controls but the game to me seems best suited for a controller. I'm sure you'll be able to get used to playing it on a keyboard though.

Scizzy

First they came for SMS

Unsubbed

I wouldn't be shocked to see a Murder Island stream with Vinny/Ben/Dan/Abby while Jeff and Brad take care of their business. It wouldn't overlap with the raid.

Top Bottom