• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That said, the only reason I'm holding off for now is that I've bought danganronpa, golf story and ruiner all in the same period and I haven't finished any of them.

I need to exercise some discipline

I'm almost done with world 2, trying to A- the bosses. It'll definitely fit in my top 5 from 10 of this year, everything about it is sublime and the challenge while brutal at times is never unfair. The game has this constant rhythmic feeling to it. You're always in a state of "I know I could do way better" and the game knows it as well, it is satisfying as fuck.

Catvoca

Banned
That said, the only reason I'm holding off for now is that I've bought danganronpa, golf story and ruiner all in the same period and I haven't finished any of them.

I need to exercise some discipline

Same. I've got Danganronpa, Pyre, Golf Story and Sexy Brutale all started recently and none finished.

And I just ordered an snes classic, because I really have no discipline

Antiwhippy

At this point I'm glad I don't give a shit about the usual November AAA big games because Jesus Christ at October. Though I guess quite a bit of it is late September.

oti

Banned
Nah, it's good, but it's not making my top 10.

The creativity in the character design alone is stupendous.
And I also really love platformers. This feels challenging but not unfair. Love it.

What I don't really engage with so far is the parry mechanic.

2967100-cp_ep09_excorps_dan_09262017.00_46_38_23.still001.jpg

The Exquisite Corps: X-Com: Enemy Within - Part 09
The best strategy when faced with an unexpected foe is not to miss.

Antiwhippy

Like really, at this point they should just wait for the aliens to come and then squadsight all of them to death.

Poor dan though, I think it's just rngesus taking its toll after being kind to Alex and Abby.

Xcom spoilers.
Noooooooo Austin & Kish.

At least ryckert made it out alive.
Wait, did you just skip to the end? Cheater!

Anyway, a pity it turned out how it did. Dan played mostly decently at the start, even managed to use Abomination effectively, but he advanced too fast and as soon as the shit hit the fan he panicked started making bad calls. Should have retreated with Mary instead of leaving her alone, flanked and in the crosshairs of multiple enemies.

Antiwhippy

Wait, did you just skip to the end? Cheater!

I mean I find the gameplay segments kinda boring so I usually just watch the intro, skip to the results, and then go back to fast forward through the rest of the video. If I was at home I'll put it in the background but these usually release when I'm on my commute home so I'm more actively consuming them.

Dan episodes are at least better because he isn't just passively listening to Vinny giving instructions.

oti

Banned
I'm really liking my new Exquisite Corps strategy of just watching the intros. These things are fantastic.

I watch the intro and skip through the video. Everything I need to know will be discussed in this thread anyway. Watching them play XCOM isn't that entertaining.

Dan
made some mistakes but fuck the RNG gods seemed a bit against him.

This isn't XCOM 2. Taking a turn to reload everyone and turtle is fine. Hopefully they figure out going into overwatch at the end of the turn when nobody can do anything is the best way to go. If you move someone then put them into overwatch before moving everyone else, the others could reveal pods and you don't have as much of a chance to take shots without the reaction fire penalty.

Valtýr

Do you mean the caves? Those are some of the best parts of the game. Getting all the upgrades is fun as well. Also if you get all the artifacts you unlock something cool. Definitely one of the most satisfying games to 100% I've played in a good long while.

I guess I didn't really find that stuff to be super engaging. The first game leaned more in the digging aspect and this sequel seems to have much less of that. At least that's my impression based on my memory of the first game... I could be fabricating that.

I didn't dislike 2, but once I finished the main storyline I don't really feel very compelled to go back, tho that could just be me.

Man I'm 3 episodes behind on Xcorps now. Turns out I think there's only so much bad XCOM being played that I'm interested in watching. I think I'm gonna just watch the intros and kind of scrub through the videos to see if there's anything interesting.

Zocano

I'm sure many enjoy it but I hate that the Raid has taken up like 16 hours of content...

It would not have been 16 hours of *other* content. At most there would have been SMS, UPF, and Playdate (and maaaybe kingdom hearts). So, what, like 8 hours? It's not a zero sum game with the content they produced. Plus, I think it's kind of disingenuous to say they shouldn't have done this because they clearly wanted to.

Antiwhippy

See I'd probably value all three more than the raid stream.

But like I said, one off, don't mind the break in schedule for 1 week.

xuchu

So are they finishing up the raid tonight or just leaving? Just saw that easy allies beat the raid in 8 hours. Huber didn't give tips until a 3 or 4 wipes but then explained each encounter. Much better than Brad just having having bang their heads at it for hours until they figure it out and by then they're mentally exhausted and find it hard to execute. Doesn't help that Brad himself has a partial understanding of the raid mechanics and they seem to never want to use power weapons too.

Antiwhippy

So are they finishing up the raid tonight or just leaving? Just saw that easy allies beat the raid in 8 hours. Huber didn't give tips until a 3 or 4 wipes but then explained each encounter. Much better than Brad just having having bang their heads at it for hours until they figure it out and by then they're mentally exhausted and find it hard to execute. Doesn't help that Brad himself has a partial understanding of the raid mechanics and they seem to never want to use power weapons too.

To be fair they constantly complain about running out of power ammo.

hamchan

Though since they were doing the raid anyways, it taking ages might be the best thing to happen to them.

I want the torment to be maximum.

Valtýr;250661888 said:
Nothing bugs me more than fans feeling entitled to specific content from creators then whining about it after.

I had fun enough watching the Destiny streams despite not caring about Destiny, but the stuff people are upset about not seeing would imply they are customers, not fans.

Top Bottom