• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Rainmaker

Banned
I think there's a certain type of game I want to play on the Switch and it seems to be indie 2d pixel art titles. I've put more hours into Golf Story than I have into BotW, Mario Kart, Splatoon and Rabbids combined.

This is what the Vita was for me and I'm finding the Switch is hitting that too. Those types of games are perfect for the device. Not to say that I won't go hog wild on Mario Odyssey.

Indie games I need on Switch that I played a lot on Vita: Ollie Ollie 2, the Hotline Miami's, and Rogue Legacy.

and GOD DAMN SPELUNKY

Catvoca

Banned
Is Stardew Valley really an 80 hour game? I want to get into it but I'm afraid I won't have the time.

I did everything I wanted to do in that game in ~ 45 hours but YMMV. It's great for playing in short 20 minute sessions or for devoting all day to it.

Oakinn

I dont get the knock against ports on the Switch.

More games = good for Switch owners
Interest in devs porting games= good for Switch owners

The I already played this on another console thing so let me knock this, is super lame

Wanna guess how many threads would pop up if RDR were to ever release on PC? Just because you've played something, doesnt mean everyone has.

imBask

Banned

The I already played this on another console thing so let me knock this, is super lame

Wanna guess how many threads would pop up if RDR were to ever release on PC? Just because you've played something, doesnt mean everyone has.

I think the knock was more against the fact that for a good chunk of time there, the only thing coming out on the switch were ports

Messing with Wayback Machine and just got reminded that the Bombcast page from 2011 was way flashier than it is now.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110615001120/http://www.giantbomb.com:80/podcast/

edit: also here's 2012's which was also pretty cool

https://web.archive.org/web/20120710225516/http://www.giantbomb.com:80/podcast/

yeah, the website design took a hit when they had to redesign it after being bought by CBS.

the new website design can't come soon enough.

Now I have to decide, do I continue my playthrough of Stardew on PS4 where I only got to the end of the second season in Y1, or start fresh on Switch?

t9mfkgd.png

Tagyhag

Isnt Stardew on Switch the only one with multiplayer? Like people get excited for different things

No, the PC version will have multiplayer first. There is no MP in any version right now.

It WAS supposed to be out for summer, and yet here we are. /salty

people yelling 'ports' very obviously misunderstand how dire the wii u release schedule was

also any game coming to switch is inherently unique because it's now portable

I find it funny that the switch is currently in a similar scenario with the Vita re: ports and all that stuff but yet everyone will be crapping on the Vita instead. LOL

For me the appeal of the switch is doing what the Vita was unable to do which is having quality 1st Party software and not the things it could also do.

BTA

I find it funny that the switch is currently in a similar scenario with the Vita re: ports and all that stuff but yet everyone will be crapping on the Vita instead. LOL

It's because there's visibly other games coming out on it that they want.

Meanwhile the Vita was (and still is) actually getting a decent number of good games that aren't indie ports. It's just that they're Japanese games that not everybody's interested in.

bjork

I still need to finish the last Steal My Sunshine. I left off when Vinny was getting the hang of the Yoshi platforms, but I didn't scrub ahead to see anything else. I hope he made it without getting mad, it looked like he was wavering at one point.

drabnon

So is the problem their DPS? Or are there major tactical errors they need to address? I’m curious if they’ll be able to get it done.

daveo42

Banned
He seemed to make it pretty clear on Friday that he was not going to be involved in tonight's proceedings.

We don't know what was decided from their slack discussion over the weekend. Someone's gonna have to archive and upload the stream to the site.
It'll probably be Jeff.

For me, its that all those ports are of games that came out years ago and re-re-re-rereleased (Binding of Issac re-after-ultramega birth deluxe-EA Alpha +AZ) and also the fact that most of those games are already bargain bin on other platforms and up priced for Switch, and the fact that in the case of Doom, it's such an inferior port. with it stripped and capped at 30FPS. To me that screen is way too tiny to even remotely think about it being portable.

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't undocked my Switch other than launch day. I don't do portable systems. playing games on a tiny screen with the hand cramping joycons are one of the worst ways to play video games I've ever had.

Top Bottom