• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

patapuf

what's the over/under on this being the last live show on a monday for a while

They seemed pretty into the idea of those custom matches. We'll have one evening of that at least.

After that, who knows?

They could play through Divinity 2. We'd have monday content until next year.

If their talk after the last raid stream is anything to go by, they'll be doing it after work hours so it's not like it's going to take up any time for other content they could be doing.

And yeah also today might not be the best day to be streaming Murder Island with its hyper realistic weaponry.

Personally, I don't judge how people try to find comfort in trying times like today as long as it's not clearly self destructive. If you're not directly responsible in finding solutions to problems, you do whatever to help you cope with awful events. Self care is good. For Giant Bomb, they can entertain and lift up people's moods.

Just gotta be sensitive, really.

A very underrated stream.

Vinny: I wanted to spend some time with you guys and our community. I think it's a great place to be especially when I get very confused

Jeff: There's never been a better time to play video games

Vinny: There's definitely never been a better time to be lost in a fantasty world playing video games

A very underrated stream.

Vinny: I wanted to spend some time with you guys and our community. I think it's a great place to be especially when I get very confused

Jeff: There's never been a better time to play video games

Vinny: There's definitely never been a better time to be lost in a fantasty world playing video games

Agreed, was definitely thankful for something to take my mind off of things that day...

- J - D -

what's the over/under on this being the last live show on a monday for a while

Under 10%. They've been consistent with Monday streaming which by now probably instills the fanbase with a baked-in expectation for live monday content. And if they don't, it would mean that there'd be a dry spell from saturday to wednesday until SMS.

The EZA Dark Souls Retrospective is really good, but man these games are not for me.

https://youtu.be/lVySE0mMNx4

I think I'll check out Brad playing the Souls games.

Same here, I can' stand souls games, I found them extremely boring with "difficult for difficult's sake" being a terrible reason for me to continue playing. I always felt those games were crazy over hyped and its a bummer because some of the boss designs were interesting.

Kaibutsu

I watched all of day 1 of the Raid but have yet to watch all of day 2, I think I made it through like 3 hours before I had to leave. Super excited to see them hopefully finish it out tonight. A few take-a-ways

1) I think a lot of them underestimated how much power level makes a difference, going into that raid in the 260's and 270's was mind-blowing to me.
2) I never in a thousand years would have guessed that the worst Destiny players in the group would be Dan and Ben
3) Shocked that Alex has been consistently the most positive person in this entire thing. You go dude!
4) Abby has been a treat the entire time

oti

Banned
You know what would be cool? Imagine this:
GB led PUBG tournament.

Every outlet sets a squad.
Every outlet sets an additional user squad. GB fans squad and so on.
For three days they play against each other.
Fun?

I just really like this idea of having something to look forward to three days in a row, like they do right now with the Destiny raid. And since PUBG is all the rage, that could be fun.

Also: Ruiner looks pretty cool.

BTA

lol at people getting upset over just three days dedicated to destiny streams

Losing Sunshine hurts but I don't watch UPF/Murder Island and even Beast's Friday stream isn't the biggest loss for a single week; most of this has been when one coast or the other wouldn't be making content anyway so I don't really get the complaints.

As someone who doesn't play Destiny it's been cool to have this on in the background to see what it's about and have a nice cross-coast co-op thing.

oti

Banned
wait

have you never seen load our last souls?

I have. And those were fun but a few weeks ago I tried playing Dark Souls myself (reached the third bonfire, I'm a pro gamer) so I now have proper context to enjoy watching it more.

I appreciate the Souls games but I don't like the setting, the general mood, that everything is so dark and gruesome.

Zaph

1) I think a lot of them underestimated how much power level makes a difference, going into that raid in the 260's and 270's was mind-blowing to me.

Yup. Maybe I missed it in the 16 hours of raiding, but I don't think Brad explained to them just why power level is so important. Its a double fuck you of having worse gear but also that gear having a percentage dps reduction and increased damage taken.

And I'm pretty sure Calus has an even higher power level than the other encounters too.

freetacos

Losing Sunshine hurts but I don't watch UPF/Murder Island and even Beast's Friday stream isn't the biggest loss for a single week; most of this has been when one coast or the other wouldn't be making content anyway so I don't really get the complaints.

As someone who doesn't play Destiny it's been cool to have this on in the background to see what it's about and have a nice cross-coast co-op thing.

Also, we're not "losing" anything...it's not like they're going to cancel those series' or they'll suddenly "fall behind". They'll go back to UPF, Sunshine, etc.

It boggles my mind that fans of a website that has been around for just about 10 years with thousands (millions?) of hours of content get so butthurt over a few days of streaming a recently-released game that they happen to not care for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All of yall complaining about Destiny content, boy, be glad you don't watch wrestling.

- J - D -

The Destiny raid streams are like those rare broadcast tv events (some big sports game, concert, etc) that take over the time slot of the weekly show you like. It happens infrequently but it's still enough to piss you off.

And I've been liking these raid streams, but I totally get the frustration of those who don't want their regularly scheduled programming interrupted.

Nerokis

to think Destiny will be the last #content I watch before I head to surgery tomorrow!

wish me luck.

Good luck! Looking forward to a life-affirming success story. :)

The EZA Dark Souls Retrospective is really good, but man these games are not for me.

https://youtu.be/lVySE0mMNx4

I think I'll check out Brad playing the Souls games.

Oh, nice. Didn't know EZA did this sort of thing. Now I know what I'm going to watch later.

On the subject of Soulsborne videos, Folding Ideas did a video discussing Bloodborne that was actually pretty good. As someone who's read ridiculously long PDFs tackling Bloodborne's story, it made me laugh how effortlessly he managed to summarize it.

Oakinn

GB led PUBG tournament.

Fun?

I just really like this idea of having something to look forward to three days in a row, like they do right now with the Destiny raid. And since PUBG is all the rage, that could be fun.

I like this a lot. Wish they could pull something like it off

These Destiny streams, like the Mario Party Party streams will be best consumed in a 20 minute "best of" some random person makes in a month

Mario Party Parties were worth watching all the way through. I kind of doubt anyone is really going to go through 30 hours of Destiny video to make a good compilation anyway.

Yup. Maybe I missed it in the 16 hours of raiding, but I don't think Brad explained to them just why power level is so important. Its a double fuck you of having worse gear but also that gear having a percentage dps reduction and increased damage taken.

And I'm pretty sure Calus has an even higher power level than the other encounters too.

Current WoW has a brilliant solution to this issue. Not only is raiding gated by item level, but you also have to complete a series of training modes specific to your role to qualify.

Destiny should have an arena that you have to pass where you're tested on headshots, using the right elements against corresponding weaknesses, and complex platforming before you're allowed to raid.

Tagyhag

All of yall complaining about Destiny content, boy, be glad you don't watch wrestling.

At least wrestling is bad in a variety of ways.

Destiny raid is bad the same way over and over again.

It's like watching a Jinder Mahal promo on repeat.

Honestly, I'd much rather watch them play different missions in Destiny while shooting the shit instead of the same sequence over and over and over...

Hasney

GB led PUBG tournament.

Fun?

Only if it's called The Biggest Weiner can I get behind this.

GB led PUBG tournament.

Fun?

They should just make it a League of Heels event. World Murder Island 3 can be their yearly PUBG gimmick event.

I wonder when the raid stream is going to start(UK timings). I pretty much pass out at around 2-3am. Either I'm not going to watch any of it live or I am going to watch and then sleep midway. Whichever way this goes, I'm ready.

BTA

Oh, hmm. A theater near me is doing a double feature of Blade Runner (which I haven't seen) and 2049. But that means being in a theater for 5 hours on a Thursday night after work, then rushing to catch the last train home. And... I'm not really up for that, as cool as it might be.

What's the version of the original to watch, again? I'll just buy that and watch it this weekend and then finally start using my moviepass to see 2049 next week.

Rick and Morty fans harassed and doxxed female writers so I'm going to go with them.

I think the common link between the two is that peoples (males in particular) on the internet can be assholes no matter what fanbase they belong to. People just like to rail on the fanbase of popular pieces of media (Rick and Morty, Undertale, Steven Universe, etc...) as a scapegoat. Even in this thread people went fucking nuts at anybody who suggested the hiring practices of GB weren't all that great after Jason and Dan joined, people will target staff members and go over the top with negative comments, and I can't deny it but people will occasionally talk about Abby differently to the rest of the crew due to her gender.

Basically a large percentage of people who spend time on and off of the net are shitty and it's the individuals that should be talked about unless the media is negatively influencing them somehow.

Oh, hmm. A theater near me is doing a double feature of Blade Runner (which I haven't seen) and 2049. But that means being in a theater for 5 hours on a Thursday night after work, then rushing to catch the last train home. And... I'm not really up for that, as cool as it might be.

What's the version of the original to watch, again? I'll just buy that and watch it this weekend and then finally start using my moviepass to see 2049 next week.
Final Cut.

Final Cut.

Top Bottom