• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I can't decide if I want this "Ruiner". I like the idea of an RPG Hotline Miami, BUT, part of the reason Hotline Miami is so damn good is the intricately crafted levels (Yes, I'm counting Hotline Miami 2), and this looks far more generic in terms of actual level design. People who've played more, is there better stuff further down the line from the QL?

Why is not okay to complain about Destiny taking over the site? The raid is long, boring, and canceled better shows.

because our hell is ending soon, tonight hopefully. And then may we never hear of it again.

I can't decide if I want this "Ruiner". I like the idea of an RPG Hotline Miami, BUT, part of the reason Hotline Miami is so damn good is the intricately crafted levels (Yes, I'm counting Hotline Miami 2), and this looks far more generic in terms of actual level design. People who've played more, is there better stuff further down the line from the QL?

Yeah. It just looks boring. The whole dark look to it kinda sucks? I get it's supposed to be an edgy cyberpunk game, but damn this just looks bad.

I played it for little over an hour, and REALLY didn't like it. It just seems like generic roguelike ish shooter game. It controls way worse than it looks in video as well.

I'd rather play Hotline Miami 1/2 again, or both, before playing Ruiner again.

Joeku

I am assuming (and this is entirely an assumption) that as you scale the levels of class toward Heaven it starts to look different and then is pristine by the end. Y'know, aside from the blood.

At least I'd hope.

Why is not okay to complain about Destiny taking over the site? The raid is long, boring, and canceled better shows.

It's perfectly fine to complain, it's why this thread exists. Some people (well mostly one guy that likes to rant) haven't come to terms that this place doesn't exist to be their personal safe space from things that they don't want to see.

Diancecht

Ruiner has got some styyyyyyyyyle but it is boring and repetitive. Also has a horrible control system

BTA

I've gotten through the first episode of the raid and now have to watch up till when I started in episode 2 I guess.

Which probably means, depending on when this third episode starts, at some point I'll awkwardly end up watching them start the gardens section and then stop just as they figure it out since that's when I started watching.

Final Cut.

Final Cut.

Thanks folks. It looks like the 30th Anniversary edition (which has everything...?) is only $15 compared to the Final Cut alone being $10, so I guess I'll just go with that?

I've gotten through the first episode of the raid and now have to watch up till when I started in episode 2 I guess.

Which probably means, depending on when this third episode starts, at some point I'll awkwardly end up watching them start the gardens section and then stop just as they figure it out since that's when I started watching.

Thanks folks. It looks like the 30th Anniversary edition (which has everything...?) is only $15 compared to the Final Cut alone being $10, so I guess I'll just go with that?

I'd say so. Just be prepared for something that's far more tone poem than full plotted out. It's very good, but works best as an experience than as a story.

Joeku

If it's the one with four different versions of the movie, it's still probably not worth it (unless it has a bunch of cool extras). Watching the original with the dreary voice over would be sort of entertaining for posterity I guess, but at this point you may as well roll with just the FC alone.

Oakinn

I'd say so. Just be prepared for something that's far more tone poem than full plotted out. It's very good, but works best as an experience than as a story.

After seeing the insane reviews of 2049 and never having seen the original, I watched the FC version of the film as my first ever viewing last night. This puts into words how I felt about it.
The story was really interesting, but it felt all over the place.

BTA

If it's the one with four different versions of the movie, it's still probably not worth it (unless it has a bunch of cool extras). Watching the original with the dreary voice over would be sort of entertaining for posterity I guess, but at this point you may as well roll with just the FC alone.

I mean, we're talking about a <$5 difference but yeah, I'm probably not gonna watch the special features or anything ever so I might as well save that $5.

EDIT: well maybe I won't be seeing it next week since it ships in 1-4 weeks, hmm

I guess I could just rent it digitally but it seems like the only place that lets you rent and not just buy the Final Cut is... Fandango Now? What even is that? I guess I'll try that this weekend and hope it streams fine.

Bacon

I watched the first one of those but it played more like an overview for people who've never heard of the Souls games, or perhaps videogames in general. Or a pat on the back for the already converted. Dull, rehashed stuff.

Yeah I was excited for these but they are like the broadest overview of the games imaginable. They are basically a wiki in video form.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
we've endured bad pubg content for months, can i have a lil bit of my destiny 2 content for a sec? you literal babies?

the difference is they had a good time during pubg content

where as destiny 2 is pretty much mario party misery without dan taking it super seriously

we've endured bad pubg content for months, can i have a lil bit of my destiny 2 content for a sec? you literal babies?

This is me. I understand being upset about losing SMS and the playdate for the week, but damn, damn, we finally get some good content for Mondays and still with the whining!

Lari

I'm a literate baby, thank you very much.

ExCorps:
Good, fun episode. Dan's shenanigans are paying off with the Abomination in a very fun way! That disc thing was hella scary.

Oakinn

I mean, we're talking about a <$5 difference but yeah, I'm probably not gonna watch the special features or anything ever so I might as well save that $5.

EDIT: well maybe I won't be seeing it next week since it ships in 1-4 weeks, hmm

I guess I could just rent it digitally but it seems like the only place that lets you rent and not just buy the Final Cut is... Fandango Now? What even is that? I guess I'll try that this weekend and hope it streams fine.

i rented it off my PS4

Fjordson

Blade Runner is my favourite movie ever so I'm biased, but I would just get the version with all the different cuts. They're each interesting in their own way and the documentary that you get on the blu-ray is one of the best making-of things I've ever seen.

I usually couldn't care about bonus stuff on blu-rays, but Blade Runner is totally worth picking up.

ArjanN

Ruiner has got some styyyyyyyyyle but it is boring and repetitive. Also has a horrible control system

Nah. Once you get used to it, it controls perfectly fine.

The arenas are pretty basic compated to Hotline Miami, the depth here is more in the skill tree stuff.

Yeah. It just looks boring. The whole dark look to it kinda sucks? I get it's supposed to be an edgy cyberpunk game, but damn this just looks bad.

I think the game looks great. I can see the style not being for everyone but it nails what it's going for. The beginning part of the quick look where it's almost all red is just kind of a weird bit to start.

Sir Doom

It’s like every time there’s a popular game that the duders like

I’m tired of Super Mario Maker is it taking over the site

I’m tired of PUBG is it taking over the site

I’m tired of Destiny is it taking over the site

BTA

i rented it off my PS4

Oh, cool, that totally works too I guess. Would sorta rather watch on my laptop though, hmm...

Blade Runner is my favourite movie ever so I'm biased, but I would just get the version with all the different cuts. They're each interesting in their own way and the documentary that you get on the blu-ray is one of the best making-of things I've ever seen.

I usually couldn't care about bonus stuff on blu-rays, but Blade Runner is totally worth picking up.

It's apparently out of stock, is the problem, which I should have checked before posting about it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Im tired of waiting for PUBG to re-take over the site. I want my PUBG.

I only watched the first episode of The Raid and I’m glad I went on vacation the next day because I don’t think I could stomach the rest.

It's like every time there's a popular game that the duders like

I'm tired of Super Mario Maker is it taking over the site

I'm tired of PUBG is it taking over the site

I'm tired of Destiny is it taking over the site

only one of those was played for 8, 9 hours at a time, cutting into scheduled premium live shows

You mean when it transforms into that giant thing or there's another form beyond what we see in the video?

I wish they would play more Mario Maker! That game is great.

There's another, similar enemy that's even worse, especially in EW.

only one of those was played for 8, 9 hours at a time, cutting into scheduled premium live shows

There's another, similar enemy that's even worse, especially in EW.

I think of the Destiny raiding as like a special event that just so happens to make recording for other things difficult. Like the E3 coverage. Or the special all day streams. Only I'll actually watch the whole thing.

Top Bottom