• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

I keep forgetting about Golf Story. That gonna be a big contender for anything GOTY-wise?

It's pretty good but it's so rough/frustrating in so a lot of ways (which can generally be looked past but will be weak points when arguing) and I can't see most of the staff putting enough time into it to feel like fighting for it. I guess we'll know through podcasts whether anyone's started it beyond Dan though.

oti

Banned
You mean when it transforms into that giant thing or there's another form beyond what we see in the video?

I wish they would play more Mario Maker! That game is great.

Right.
Im tired of waiting for PUBG to re-take over the site. I want my PUBG.

I only watched the first episode of The Raid and I’m glad I went on vacation the next day because I don’t think I could stomach the rest.

Wrong.
I keep forgetting about Golf Story. That gonna be a big contender for anything GOTY-wise?

Biggest surprise, maybe?

daveo42

Banned
There's another, similar enemy that's even worse, especially in EW.

I have a feeling they may never get to that point.
They still haven't captured the second alien they need to advance the main plot. Without that they won't come across the psychic grays. Hell, they've yet to even see a Berserker.
Shit gets tough even with a well-geared, decent squad in EU. More so in EW with the extra tools at your disposal.

valeo

I'm not a fan of Destiny. Have never bothered to play it.

But; I've really enjoyed the raid videos (except for maybe the last 1/3rd of the last video). It's been really fun seeing them work everything out.

I have a feeling they may never get to that point.
They still haven't captured the second alien they need to advance the main plot. Without that they won't come across the psychic grays. Hell, they've yet to even see a Berserker.
Shit gets tough even with a well-geared, decent squad in EU. More so in EW with the extra tools at your disposal.

As long as you improve your gear at a steady pace you can take more time with the critpath stuff than you think. It'll probably be the fact that they're not doing that (in part due to the money situation) that'll get them.

daveo42

Banned
As long as you improve your gear at a steady pace you can take more time with the critpath stuff than you think. It'll probably be the fact that they're not doing that (in part due to the money situation) that'll get them.

Yeah, I wiped real early on the alien base with a team that wasn't ready. Going back with a better team and much better gear made it much easier. XCOM will still XCOM though at the least opportune times if you aren't careful.

It's already like 5:30pm on the east coast. If this stream is happening, it's gotta happen soon, right?

Probably closer to 7pm EST.

Yeah, I wiped real early on the alien base with a team that wasn't ready. Going back with a better team and much better gear made it much easier. XCOM will still XCOM though at the least opportune times if you aren't careful.

I generally go real ballsy early on with equipment and neglect most of it until I have enough satellites to be loaded. Most of the time I can skip laser weaponry entirely.

eJqGyHX.jpg

Hopefully they don't take long or else I'll pass out 2-3 hours in and I will have to catch the archive by then.

daveo42

Banned
I generally go real ballsy early on with equipment and neglect most of it until I have enough satellites to be loaded. Most of the time I can skip laser weaponry entirely.

I focused defense first with and then offense while base building. I think I went a bit overboard there as I'm near maxed out on spots at base and am waiting for the next crit path facility to be build. I basically have nothing to research and money coming out the eyeballs. At least I have
my own psionic soldiers now.
I'd probably have more to do with I was playing EW, but EU has been fun even doing Ironman.

Harpuia

Man XCOM 2's metagame is so much better than XCOM's. XCOM's is weirdly stressful, and XCOM 2 opted for giving you more options instead of massively stressing you out on one single resource - credits.

Zocano

I wish them all the best in finishing the raid. It'll be rough but it will be best for them to learn how to efficiently kill and deal with adds. Hopefully their throne team is on point cause honestly that's the only "hard" part of the fight.

Man XCOM 2's metagame is so much better than XCOM's. XCOM's is weirdly stressful, and XCOM 2 opted for giving you more options instead of massively stressing you out on one single resource - credits.

I felt the opposite. XCOM 2's meta game layer just felt very... stripped down? Maybe I haven't played vanilla recently enough though. Long War makes that metagame hell. I kinda hate how RNG heavy the air game fighter combat is. I just end up save scumming that stuff a lot even when I have "good" set ups cause it just feels so much ... well, random.

- J - D -

It's like perfect for me.

Work hours just got better.

I'm usually sleeping during gb streams.

You watch during work? That's awesome I am envious.

I usually can't watch weekday streams that they do in the early afternoons. I try to catch snippets on my phone sometimes but that's it until I'm done.

edit:
okay it seems from the responses that this time spot actually works out better for a lot of people. Great! Let's break out the beers and pizza and wings.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I usually can't watch weekday streams that they do in the early afternoons. I try to catch snippets on my phone sometimes but that's it until I'm done.

edit:
okay it seems from the responses that this time spot actually works out better for a lot of people. Great! Let's break out the beers and pizza and wings.

Not all of it, but the great thing about YouTube streaming is that I can just put it on the background and listen to it like a podcast.

- J - D -

Not all of it, but the great thing about YouTube streaming is that I can just put it on the background and listen to it like a podcast.

That's actually how I consume the pubg streams archives like 99% of the time. Most of its just looting anyway so I don't feel like I'm missing much.

daveo42

Banned

edit:

Depending on the job, it's pretty nice. I stream most of the stuff on the site at work while waiting for scripts run or testing/creating new data sets. Gives me lots of downtime.

- J - D -

Depending on the job, it's pretty nice. I stream most of the stuff on the site at work while waiting for scripts run or testing/creating new data sets. Gives me lots of downtime.

Do you watch their stuff on your phone/device or on company computers?

promise I won't tell nobody ;)

Jintor

i don't really like NuXCOM's 'boardgame' approach to the metagame, I always preferred X-Com's more sim aspect to it. But it makes sense and it's defeinitely a lot easier for streamlining.

i don't really like NuXCOM's 'boardgame' approach to the metagame, I always preferred X-Com's more sim aspect to it. But it makes sense and it's defeinitely a lot easier for streamlining.

XCOM 1's metagame was pretty awful on higher difficulties. It led to boring streamlined optimized strategies as the game lacked flexibility when it came to the strategy layer. XCOM 2 fixed a lot of that even if I find NuXCOM's boardgame to still be the weak link in its design.

(Oh my god, Blade Runner 2049 is almost 2h40m? I am going to watch the hell out of that. Hnnnngh.)

I'll set aside specific videos to sit down and watch at home, but I probably consume the majority of GB video content as background noise at work. The amount I can actually listen to varies wildly, but I at least usually have something queued up and ready to go. I'm not the biggest fan of my current job but this is one of the nicer perks.

Tainted

'I'm Only Happy When We Raid: Destiny 2: Leviathan - Part 03"

Oh shit...well, I watched parts 1 and 2 so I will have to tune in for this as well. Good luck guys !

Joeku

Okay, so, this never happened to me the first time I played Nier:A and I hadn't considered the consequences til now, but if you die again before regaining your chipset that shit is just gone forever, right?

Cuz I'm coming back to the game after not touching it in a few days and realizing I'm missing my key chips.

sungahymn

Neo Member
(Oh my god, Blade Runner 2049 is almost 2h40m? I am going to watch the hell out of that. Hnnnngh.)

I'm surprised at the very positive response to 2049. When I saw the trailer while at the theatres, it didn't strike me as anything more than nice-looking yet nonetheless generic action movie cash-grab sequel. Glad to be proven wrong? I'll have to watch it myself until I decide if I like it or not though.

Top Bottom