• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I just dont understand how they don't give any leeway in the spooky slide. One death and you're done? What kind of game design is that?

swimbuff

Cool. They all seem better coordinated which is promising. The team is higher level than when I was doing this fight so they should be able to complete it.

Too bad we get Jeff's view, his role in the throne room makes for a less visually interesting viewing.

Edit: Wow didn't even know about that lag issue. That really fucks things up lol.

I just dont understand how they don't give any leeway in the spooky slide. One death and you're done? What kind of game design is that?

the kind that lets them say 'SEE THIS IS WHY MATCHMAKIGN IS IMPOSSIBLE'

It's like this whole raid was designed with the goal of 'We have to make the worst raid possible so people stop asking for matchmaking'. They sent guided games to the grave with this kind of design.

HERE IT IS
ALEX IS GOING TO DROP OUT AND NEVER COME BACK
THEN COMES FRIEND OF THE SITE 'KINGGOTHALION'

It's like this whole raid was designed with the goal of 'We have to make the worst raid possible so people stop asking for matchmaking'. They sent guided games to the grave with this kind of design.

HERE IT IS
ALEX IS GOING TO DROP OUT AND NEVER COME BACK
THEN COMES FRIEND OF THE SITE 'KINGGOTHALION'

That mindset is so frustrating when there are multiple examples from the games that this game clearly takes inspiration from that have generally more complex encounters that are able to be completed by a full team of random people.

Zaph

The weird thing is they had consultancy help from Blizzard, who's decade of experience made them realise raids are best when everyone can experience them, from pug-friendly-do-it-as-soon-as-you-hit-max-level-easy to top-100-guilds-only-hard.

And then they release this as the first raid of their rebooted Destiny as the 'normal' difficulty?

I don't blame Alex's connection. I blame the Destiny servers. They're not awful, but in pivotal moments, they fuck up far more often than not. :(

Are the servers being shit during raids and strikes actually a thing or is this a terrible fluke?

Not a fluke. Fucking around with servers was actually a real easy way to cheese the second raid in D1.

Top Bottom