• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Oh the dude who idolizes Don Draper loves brands. Weird.

I don't know how you took either of those conclusions from that post, but alright man

Unless this is a joke post at robotrock's expense who's said some variation of this like 4 times because he thinks he knows me, in which case it's pretty good.

Strax

Brands on social media being trying to engage people by being interesting rather then being informative about their products will in the long run damage the brand according to my former ad agency co-workers because people are catching on quick. Same goes for instagram and snapchat stars pushing brands.

robotrock

Banned
Unless this is a joke post at robotrock's expense who's said some variation of this like 4 times because he thinks he knows me, in which case it's pretty good.

It was a tasteful reference to my joke. Obviously.

I don't really think you idolize don draper man, i'm sorry. i just think your posts are funny when you have that avatar because they sound like the absolute opposite of something don draper would say, or they have the opposite values/beliefs that he would hold. hope we're cool

Finally watched the entire final raid stream, good shit. That pizza moment is amazing. Good on them for persisting and I'm glad they got it by the end. Best thing about the streams is them figuring shit out and the downtime with Abby & Vinny.

Aselith

Brands on social media being trying to engage people by being interesting rather then being informative about their products will in the long run damage the brand according to my former ad agency co-workers because people are catching on quick. Same goes for instagram and snapchat stars pushing brands.

People know that they are being advertised to, what do your ad agency coworkers say about the efficacy of advertising?

Catching on doesn't mean you won't be interested when it's done well.

DLOctVQW0AIl6Qk.jpg

This is good stuff

It was a tasteful reference to my joke. Obviously.

I don't really think you idolize don draper man, i'm sorry. i just think your posts are funny when you have that avatar because they sound like the absolute opposite of something don draper would say, or they have the opposite values/beliefs that he would hold. hope we're cool

It's alright, thanks for clearing that up. That's kind of the effect I'm going for actually, hence the Don Draper side-eye avatar. It amuses me, at least.

Strax

People know that they are being advertised to, what do your ad agency coworkers say about the efficacy of advertising?

Catching on doesn't mean you won't be interested when it's done well.

They are seeing a pushback because people are catching on. People don't like when they feel like companies are trying to outsmart them. Older ways (TV, print, billboards) are more obvious ads so people are more accepting of them now then ever since people began downloading movies/TV shows and reading online.

BTA

stop trying to make pyre happen

too late

It's one of my favorite games ever.

EDIT:

Actually I feel like this applies more to Dead Cells which I keep hearing about exclusively from GB and Waypoint; I guess I should watch the QL or something.

Kinda wild how hard Dragon Ball came back. Just a few years ago we were in total, "Hey, remember DBZ?" mode.

Totally off topic, but is there a new DBZ anime out also that's supposed to be good? I would google it, but have no idea what to look for, but some new (good) DBZ would be pretty cool in my life right now.

Someone tell Jeff there is a audio mode that adds that scratches and low audio stuff that he wants
if you do pacifist mode and get grade A on the first two world bosses

Ashby

Totally off topic, but is there a new DBZ anime out also that's supposed to be good? I would google it, but have no idea what to look for, but some new (good) DBZ would be pretty cool in my life right now.

Dragon Ball Super. Sequel series to Z. It's pretty far in in Japan but I'm watching it weekly on Toonami 'cause I prefer the ENG dub.

Dragon Ball Super. They're a hundred and like, nine episodes in. It replaces GT in the canon. I like what I'm watching now but I started at like Episode 90 or something, so I don't know about the quality before that.

BTA

I played Dig 1 based on GB hyping it a bit, and enjoyed it but wasn't blown away. But if Dig 2's that much better I'll try to fit it in sometime by the end of the year, particularly because it does seem pretty short.

Pyre took a while to get going for me but once it did....oh man

Supergiant's Best Game

I've said this before but it was such a wonderful experience to go from being vaguely interested in it (despite loving Transistor what I saw of Pyre wasn't selling me) to gradually loving it more and more over the course of the few weeks I played it, and thinking about it a lot when I wasn't playing. I'm actually sorta happy it took me so much longer than expected to finish it because I got to have that time to process my feelings.

My Forza 7 review based on what I've played so far:

The driving in Forza 7 is amazing, but unfortunately the in game economy has been altered to help make [To see the rest of this review, you can either chance it with a loot box, or buy 1 review token.]

I dont appreciate that Brad is still saying "people are starved for Switch games," when I barely have enough time to play all the Switch games that came out lately :(

...and even more coming in a few days.

I dont appreciate that Brad is still saying "people are starved for Switch games," when I barely have enough time to play all the Switch games that came out lately :(

...and even more coming in a few days.

Definitely in the same boat, no way I can play all of the Switch games I already have... adding Stardew on top is gonna be hilarious. Backlog is rapidly growing on the Switch

robotrock

Banned
lmao brad thought jeff and ben would have minimal thoughts on destiny this week.

yeah dude i see through your tricks.

Have they talked about Golf Story?

ben's playing and enjoying, hasn't got too far into it yet though. said he'll have more to say next week.

Top Bottom