• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

It's at the 4:30:00 mark or so. Just as they enter the portal. The lecture comes not long after.

EDIT:

That ending is so so so good. Brad saying "Hey guys, if you be quiet you can hear him say some cool stuff." Dan - "Who gives a shit?!"

Abby - "Hit him in the nuts! Hit him in the nuts!"

That was so great and made watching all this worth it.

I still can't believe they almost lost the raid because of the word "za".

Wonder if anyone else will play P5. Can maybe see Vinny playing some

He got all the way to roaming Kamoshida's dungeon (around the 3 hour mark or so) but having kids makes something like beating Persona 5 difficult. I wish Atlus would let them stream the thing.

I know Brad's interested, but I doubt he'll get to it with everything else that's coming out.

Wunder

timestamp for pizza joke please

some context for the situation - they had just successively completed 2 full loops of the boss and were about to enter the second phase of the third loop. They had never completed 2 full loops and the original plan was simply to kill him in 2 loops, so this was uncharted territory (though the mechanics were the same).

That was so great and made watching all this worth it.

I still can't believe they almost lost the raid because of the word "za".

Same. So good. Say what you will about the content, we got dog bottom, old men, za jokes, Alex pep talks, Abby and Vinny goofs, Abby improv, surprisingly explicit BJ jokes, Brad and Dan saying "Fuck Destiny", and that fucking beautiful ending. I call it a win.

LiK

D2 Raid end: Ben
had such a stupid death at the end so we didn't see the actual kill without the red shit from the main GB feed stream
, lol

BTA

Same. So good. Say what you will about the content, we got dog bottom, old men, za jokes, Alex pep talks, Abby and Vinny goofs, Abby improv, surprisingly explicit BJ jokes, Brad and Dan saying "Fuck Destiny", and that fucking beautiful ending. I call it a win.

Yup, all this. I'm really happy I ended up having it on in the background on a whim like I did even though I didn't ever expect to end up watching it half a week ago. Cross-coast content remains really great and the thrill of seeing them overcome each part was super good.

Also made me miss doing co-op stuff in games. The rare PUBG game I play with people has scratched that itch somewhat but it's made me more interested in seriously playing Monster Hunter World, if that ends up being good.

Giant Bomb |OT33| AXES GOBLET SUN
Giant Bomb |OT33| I was talking about getting a blowjob
Giant Bomb |OT33| DOG BOTTOM
Giant Bomb |OT33| Hey guys, my pizza's here

Lunar FC

Listening to the last bombcast (don't ask me why), but I think Jeff might be the type of customer that people who work in retail can't stand. 😅

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh hey, just reached the part that ben started at the quick look, let's compare the death count compared to mine...

Ok he's definitely better at me with platformers lmao.

Ah well, part of it was me trying to make the keyboard work. Thanks for whoever pointed that it has pretty good DS4 support though.

I actually thought it was fun when we had people know what they were doing. If you bring it a complete noob, it's quite a pain.

Probably... But I have a full time job and a family, and so do my other friends. We could never find 20+ hours in a week to get 6 people together to play a video game.

EDIT: I'm also glad that all these meetings and busy work schedules GB had could take a break for a week so they could play 20 hours of a video game ;)

I actually thought it was fun when we had people know what they were doing. If you bring it a complete noob, it's quite a pain.

I'd agree except for the Calus fight. Even with people who know what they're doing, it's just way too easy to get fucked in that fight.

But everything leading up to it is actually super fun provided your team is attentive.

xuchu

Wow, rewatching that pizza comment run and while that was really funny they could have easily got that in two phases if Ben hadn't died on the dps plate and more importantly if Jeff wasn't the one who had to go and revive him cos he was consistently the highest on Calus damage.

Glad they did it shortly after, group looked at though they were gonna fall apart and Alex brought them back in with the pep talk.

Antiwhippy

So seriously, if they streamed for 6 hours and presumably started around 5.30 to 6, does that mean Ben and Jason stayed in the office till 12.00?

swimbuff

So the winning raid run took them all of 9 minutes from start to finish. It could have been their shortest livestream ever. Instead it took them 9 hours. It's nuts that they persevered for so long, good on all of them for getting it.

LiK

I'd agree except for the Calus fight. Even with people who know what they're doing, it's just way too easy to get fucked in that fight.

But everything leading up to it is actually super fun provided your team is attentive.

Had that happen with two different guys who supposed to have “experience”. Pretty irritating when people don’t do the call outs or stay alive. Ended up making the final fight much more difficult than it actually was. Sometimes skills do matter.

Antiwhippy

Valtýr;250790054 said:
They finished at Midnight EST and Ben/Jason are on the West coast, three hours behind

Ah, still 9.00 leaving work is still nothing to sneeze at. I've had months of working till 9-10 which can be fairly draining.

BTA

Valtýr;250790054 said:
They finished at Midnight EST and Ben/Jason are on the West coast, three hours behind

This and they only started around 7:30 EST, so it was more like 4:30-9:00 PST. Which is still significant and why Ben was starving.

I hope he got his hot pot

Zaph

Ah, still 9.00 leaving work is still nothing to sneeze at. I've had months of working till 9-10 which can be fairly draining.

Funniest part is Ben came into the office at 7am yesterday to record a DNB podcast with Abby but because of some mix-up he was an hour too early.

The life of Intern Ben

Oakinn

DM is going to find something else that none of us are saying it has to be, cause hes good like that.

All suggestions are really good though. Would be happy with any of them

D2 Raid end: Ben
had such a stupid death at the end so we didn't see the actual kill without the red shit from the main GB feed stream
, lol

Haha yup. When Brad yelled "OH MY GOD" I was like "Did they die? Did they kill him?!"...

But then Ben's screams after that made up for it since you can't hear it over the other noises on Brad's stream.

Hindl

Valtýr;250792847 said:
And he has to go all the way to Jersey. From their office I can picture the route to Jersey and it sucks.

Oh yeah he probably has to take the GW and that's always a nightmare

Top Bottom