• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

oti

Banned
I dont appreciate that Brad is still saying "people are starved for Switch games," when I barely have enough time to play all the Switch games that came out lately :(

...and even more coming in a few days.
As you can tell none of them actually knows or cares about the busy Switch release schedule.

Dragon Ball Super. They're a hundred and like, nine episodes in. It replaces GT in the canon. I like what I'm watching now but I started at like Episode 90 or something, so I don't know about the quality before that.

They put out two new movies a while back and the first 28 or so episodes of Super are mediocre to bad retellings of those movies. Almost everything after that is pretty good.

Zaph

jeff ready to talk some destiny after the break
FATBHcu.png

TraBuch

Banned
Sorry guys, Nintendo fans kept telling me that indie games didn't count on my PS4 for the first couple years. Indie games aren't real games. Nintendo fans are starved for real games.

KingKong

I feel like I'm missing something with Steamworld Dig 2. It's pleasant and I'm not sorry I played it but it was so short and easy that I put it out of my mind after I beat it

just got to watch the final destiny 2 raid stream

i live for moments in that raid

the fucking ecstasy that the entire crew showed, that chat showed, that people here showed, and that people from other gaming sites showed, you just don't get anything else like it from other video games

i didn't think they'd be able to do it, especially with how poorly brad and jeff were performing in the first half of the stream. thank god for alex's positivity and dan's competence. ben choking was also killing me, but he did great in the spooky slide. abby was reliably hilarious.

despite all the crap they went through to get there, it was amazing to see them firing on all cylinders at the end, figuratively and literally. pretty sure that win cements destiny 2 in the staff top 5 at the very least. alex, ben, and dan will be touting that momentous experience as something they've never felt before in video games.

Yeah. Kickstarter would've been better but..

...1.5 million? That's a fucking lot for kickstarting/figging something. God fig is so stupid.

Zornack

Funny how all the people who swear they'd pay $500 for a new transform-into-a-cat-during-your-period-mystery game don't follow through.

A publisher giving Swery the money he wants is how it should have went. Devolver should step up and fund it.

the thing is

I feel swerys games don't have marketable appeal. Devolver funds games with little appeal but

I doubt they fund it for 1.5 millions worth. If Swery asked for half a million, sure I could see it happening through a publisher like Devlolver

the thing is

I feel swerys games don't have marketable appeal. Devolver funds games with little appeal but

I doubt they fund it for 1.5 millions worth. If Swery asked for half a million, sure I could see it happening through a publisher like Devlolver

With the right marketing, Swery's name attached to the project would probably be worth $1.5 million, he has a pretty loyal fanbase that loves his work. I don't know the business end of stuff but from the outside looking in, $1.5 million for the next Swery joint sounds appealing to me.

BTA

The campaign has more problems than just the budget. Honestly the budget is reasonable (though it does maybe prevent people from backing because they think there's no point since it won't reach it) so that's not my concern.

My concern is more that the reward tiers suck (and they knew this weeks in advance when they previewed it to users here), the updates have largely just been GIFs which doesn't comfort backers who want them to at least try to turn things around somewhat, and Fig doesn't seem to have helped them with any of this despite the fact that using Fig (despite its success rate) does have some tradeoffs with its perception compared to Kickstarter.

I'd up my pledge from $69 to somewhere around $300 for the extra physical stuff that'd get me but it's not even worth doing that at this point when it's not going to succeed.

With the right marketing, Swery's name attached to the project would probably be worth $1.5 million, he has a pretty loyal fanbase that loves his work. I don't know the business end of stuff but from the outside looking in, $1.5 million for the next Swery joint sounds appealing to me.

I don't think his fanbase is bulky enough to make back those 1.5 million and then some.

Like, Swery isn't that popular. He's niche as niche gets. We just have the impression that Swery is bigger because GBs love for him.

Top Bottom