• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

latest

Strax

So me and some friends looked into buying FIFA 18 to play against each other online, since we live in different countries, and I found out that you still can't play 2 v 2 online.

That seems mad to me.

Alright I just gotta say it.

*deep breath*

Dog bottom isn't funny.

At all.

Vinny and Abby messing around during downtime, fucking hilarious.

But dogbottom does nothing for me.

BTA

Alright I just gotta say it.

*deep breath*

Dog bottom isn't funny.

At all.

Vinny and Abby messing around during downtime, fucking hilarious.

But dogbottom does nothing for me.

What made it funny for me was them saying it normally for so long and then suddenly breaking every so often.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I am reasonably certain that this entire stupid URL thing started from Keith Carburry of the RunButton Lets Play duo and that fact makes me very happy

(He's been doing it for years and was on the Waypoint launch stream, where it became a thing, where Waypoint started doing it, etc etc)

BTA

I am reasonably certain that this entire stupid URL thing started from Keith Carburry of the RunButton Lets Play duo and that fact makes me very happy

(He's been doing it for years and was on the Waypoint launch stream, where it became a thing, where Waypoint started doing it, etc etc)

I mean, he's not the only one that's done it for years; Jeff and Justin McElroy have both bought weird URLs a lot too, for example.

But it being all due to Keith would be very fitting (and more likely given his closeness to Austin); Run Button's bit of the launch stream is still most of what I've seen of it because I made a point to see them on it (as always I know should watch specific other bits of it still but keep not doing so).

Harpuia

Welcome to our dark, twisted cyberpunk future.

It's the weirdest abstraction of the concept of a company mascot, except the companies are themselves the mascot now.

Imagine if companies like Ford and Disney first came about right now. We'd be getting Henry Ford talking to us about how hip the assembly line is, and Disney himself would be the mascot of their company.

EDIT: LOL I meant Ford and Henry Ford

It's the weirdest abstraction of the concept of a company mascot, except the companies are themselves the mascot now.

Imagine if things like General Motors and Disney were first invented like, right now. We'd be getting Gerald Ford talking to us about how hip the assembly line is, and Disney himself would be the mascot of their company.

Now imagine they're rubbing shoulders and making jokes off each other.

Food Fight may be a nightmare movie, but it absolutely will be our future over the course of the next 50 or so years.

BTA

The brand stuff is complicated for me. Because at the end of the day they're usually representing corporations that just want your money, and are just pandering to get you to give them money, but then you have someone at Arby's being paid to make fucking Steel Ball Run art of all things and that's pretty rad! And there's someone being paid to manage these accounts and I think that's an increasingly important job and some of these people are clearly good at it.

On that note, I think Danika's work is generally pretty great and it definitely gives them a more unique Twitter presence (as well as other places but it's not like I'm seeing the work she puts in on FB) that as far as I can see seems well received by people, and helps cultivate the sense of community around the site.

Top Bottom