• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Hasney

Wind Waker, Ocarina Of Time, Breath of the Wild and Majoras Mask dont follow that link rule, so it must be opposite day.

God I loved The Order 1886. Yay, opposite day!

dcassell

Banned
Divinity: OS 2 is pretty great after putting two hours into it. I want to keep going, but I'm already up way past a healthy point of sleep. This seems like a Vinny game, and I'm hoping to hear some more talk about it this year.

I hated the writing in OS 1, but loved the exploration. This feels like 110% more energy went into writing, and they even bumped up the design of the world. Super, super fun CRPG so far. I'm excited to get to the point where stuff is fleshed out and I can really see where this ridiculous Metacritic score (95!) is coming from.

Hasney

I actually prefer the opening hours of Silent Hill 4. It goes downhill, but the creepiness of being locked in the apartment really got to me.

May have gotten to me slightly more as I was suffering from depression at the time and barely left my room.

I don't like 3D Zeldas

Controversial opinion, but I'm inclined to agree. 2D Zelda is where it's at. Having played the games recently (and for the first time ever), I loved the heck out of LttP and Link's Awakening and A Link Between Worlds but Ocarina of Time was a real grind for me and I'm struggling to push through Majora's Mask.

I feel like silent Hill is a series where you need more than an hour 30 to get anything out of

That's why I mentioned SH 3

Specifically
Starts you in the otherworld Fair, leading to your death, then immediately goes to the mall that's abandoned, and very shortly leads to her encounter with Claudia, the mall turning otherworldly, and then the worm boss. All within a compact 2 hours or so.

SH3s intro, more than the other games, is packed with more scare than any other SH.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I should replay the series.

Except that I'm a bigger wuss now than how I was in my younger years.

So giantbomb should replay the series for me.

Yeah I should replay the series.

Except that I'm a bigger wuss now than how I was in my younger years.

So giantbomb should replay the series for me.

same really.

Man the series is so good. Fuck

Imagine a playthrough where they play through the series, on the hardest riddle difficulty(Since you can change the puzzle/combat difficulty separately) with all 4 of the GBEasters. Them solving the puzzles together( Which there are a huge variation of, from musical to lyrical puzzles, to fable puzzles..) would be so fun to watch.

I'm sad we'll never get it happen. Maaan.

Action mode hard in Silent Hill 3 is one of the most broken difficulties I've played. Ran past 90 percent of the enemies but used just a bit too much ammo on the penultimate boss leaving me with little ammo for the final one which is reliant on using guns. Took me hours.

Great game other wise and that mirror room is horrifying.

Action mode hard in Silent Hill 3 is one of the most broken difficulties I've played. Ran past 90 percent of the enemies but used just a bit too much ammo on the penultimate boss leaving me with little ammo for the final one which is reliant on using guns. Took me hours.

Yup. The mirror room is probably the best 'scene' in any horror game. Theres even an MGS reference in that same building(IIRC it's that building).

Antiwhippy

Also I can't quite remember if the game is actually appropriate for this (I just kinda remember that you have to return to your room constantly)

But exquisite corpse: silent hill 4 pls.

Also I can't quite remember if the game is actually appropriate for this (I just kinda remember that you have to return to your room constantly)

Actually it could work

There's alot of backtracking, going around solving different puzzles in each area, using the room as a hub, it could kinda work? But it would become obtuse as fuck if they rotated out each episode. And Vinnys guiding hand would be missing.

Catvoca

Banned
I don't like 3D Zeldas

Have you played BOTW yet? I don't like 3D Zeldas but that game is something else.

same really.

Man the series is so good. Fuck

Imagine a playthrough where they play through the series, on the hardest riddle difficulty(Since you can change the puzzle/combat difficulty separately) with all 4 of the GBEasters. Them solving the puzzles together( Which there are a huge variation of, from musical to lyrical puzzles, to fable puzzles..) would be so fun to watch.

I'm sad we'll never get it happen. Maaan.

This would be awesome.

I don't like 3D Zeldas
Have you played Majora's Mask? I think the polygonal console games aren't great either (I haven't played Skyward Sword and don't think I'll like it, but I have yet to play Breath of the Wild and do think that'll be another exception for me) but that one actually stood out to me due to all the conventions it broke that are unique to it.

Silent Hill 3 is the only Silent Hill I've played but remains one of my favourite games of that generation. How weird is it that the game had like 10 unlockable difficulty levels beyond hard though? What?

Joey Ravn

Banned
I just finished last week's Beastcast and I'm furious. FURIOUS.

Mario's Picross got robbed:
  • Two words.
  • Released in the US.
  • Mario is the first word of the title.
  • The "'s" is not a contraction, it's the saxon genitive (expresses posssession). "Mario's" is just another form (or "case") of the word "Mario". It's not a contraction, like "Mario is" or "Mario has done".

Whoever is vetting these HACK JOBS of trivia contests needs to be fired. I'm outraged!!

I'm not really outraged.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
We really really really don't need another Zelda LP on this here internet

Hell, Dan's already done that

Been working on the new thread since yesterday, what do you guys want the new OT name to be?

Even more so, Resident Evil. But I don't know how well that would work since Dan played the RE games time and time again.

2967807-5369348656-wowsc.jpg

Wow!!! With Jeff and Ben 10/03/17
After being the Leviathan raid, we take questions / calls on your best co-op gaming moments.

Six Crazy Frights ep.2 is much better than the first episode. Lots of stuff to look at, talk about and riff on.

OI GET YO SHIT TOGETHA! I WROTE THIS LETTA FO YOU EVEN THOUGH I'M A BABY WIV A HAIRY FACE!

Antiwhippy

You know on hindsight I don't know why I didn't just immediately remap cuphead's controls so I can jump/parry/dash while shooting at the same time.

xuchu

My group just did two of our fastest runs of the Destiny 2 raid, about 40-45 minutes for each. Wonder if Dan would keep raiding if he found a group like that, he seemed pretty into it.

Yeah, my regular group and I beat the whole thing in a little over an hour and Calus in one cycle. Dan would be super into it if he finds a group that fires on all cylinders. I think he will do it again regardless cos his wife wants to do it too.

strafer

Yup, I feel that GT leans way too hard for the enthusiasts in how realistic it is. Where as Forza has always struck a balance between being a sim and an arcade game. Horizon even more so.

The sound is still vacuum cleaners. They really need to step their audio game up, for real.

Top Bottom