• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Yup, I feel that GT leans way too hard for the enthusiasts in how realistic it is. Where as Forza has always struck a balance between being a sim and an arcade game. Horizon even more so.

In reality, that hasn’t really been the case. Neither of them are true racing sims and GT is plenty arcadey in comparison. What’s true is that enthusiasts definitely lean towards GT, I think because it’s been around for longer and has more of a pedigree than forza.

Lari

2D. Same with all Zelda games before OoT and all handheld Zelda games after.

Truth is my favorite part of Zelda is towns, character, and stories. I also enjoy the 3D dungeons more.

Disclaimer: I was born in 94.

I was born in 90. And while I do prefer the 3D titles in general. I love most 2D ones.
Link Between Worlds is among the best to me.

My overall favorite is Wind Waker though.

That song is really good, thanks! When did they play lords of shadow??

Another good one.

Unprofessional Fridays: 01/18/13
Unprofessional Fridays: 01/25/13
Unprofessional Fridays: 03/08/2013 (ending reaction)
In reality, that hasn't really been the case. Neither of them are true racing sims and GT is plenty arcadey in comparison. What's true is that enthusiasts definitely lean towards GT, I think because it's been around for longer and has more of a pedigree than forza.

I haven't played GT in a long ass while in all honesty but I always took it as the more sim like in nature between it and Forza.

Can somebody link me a video of what Golf Story is since GB refuses to QL it?
It's a golfing RPG where you use your golf ball to solve quest. There's some genre bending but the core of the game is golfing.

It's a little buggy right now so I'd wait for a QoL patch but it's a great relaxing game.

Highly recommended.

I played my first zelda (BOTW) this year.

disclaimer: was born in 83

Were you not a "Nintendo kid"? I was also born in '83 and grew up playing all the Zelda games, even the shitty Phillips CDi ones because that piece of shit was given to my dad for free.

Strax

4 years and 3 days ago Bombcast talked about Windjammers for the first time with Drew and Brad never heard of the game before.

Oakinn

Were you not a "Nintendo kid"? I was also born in '83 and grew up playing all the Zelda games, even the shitty Phillips CDi ones because that piece of shit was given to my dad for free.

I wasn't. Had a NES, but we weren't super well off when i was younger and I never really got games. Got a Genesis later, then a PS1. I stopped playing games after that until 360.

So never played a Zelda until this year, and still have yet to play a metroid.

Currently waiting on my oil change.

$52 friggin dollars.

Hopefully SMS goes off without a hitch.

Totally off topic, but I feel you! No clue why a full synthetic oil change is usually 2x the price of a conventional oil change. I change my own oil now and I usually pay like $10-$20 in materials, so it's saved me a lot of money.

EDIT: to keep this about video games, I've been bouncing between Uncharted: LL, Golf Story, and Steamworld Dig 2... IT TRULY IS THE BEST TIME TO BE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES

Brad had to sacrifice his slot for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7w-Ia-tvo0

Ahh, I have seen that clip on YT but never watched that UPF (forgot about it). Thanks Whippy!

Another good one.

Unprofessional Fridays: 01/18/13
Unprofessional Fridays: 01/25/13
Unprofessional Fridays: 03/08/2013 (ending reaction)

I haven't played GT in a long ass while in all honesty but I always took it as the more sim like in nature between it and Forza.

Awesome, was wondering what backlog stuff to watch after I finish ep 3 of GB D&D Unplugged. Thanks DM!

i sold my 3ds and collection to get my gf a switch... no regrets on that, but I do hope that the zelda games get moved over to the Switch via VC at some point. Not too keen on rebuying a 3DS

but that metroid does look good...

daveo42

Banned
my dude when you own a car you need to learn to change your oil and change your tires, both are very easy and are complete scam otherwise

Some people don't have the space or tools available to do some of this maintenance. Modern cars also suck when it comes to even basic stuff. Sometimes it's just easier to go to a place to have the tires rotated and oil changed.

oti

Banned
The Forza QL is such a bummer. You'd think MS would want their flagship first-party title to be free of self-inflicted wounds, but I guess milking sim racing fans is too tempting.

But can confirm racing shitty Fiesta Mk2's is a ton of fun.

71pVqC4lxwL._SX342_.jpg

Is the Beastcast free? I havent had time to watch any of the videos the past month or 2 and I am thinking of putting my subscription on hold as I really only listen to the Beastcast right now.

imBask

Banned
Damn my millennial mentality.

he probably overcharged you when you dabbed after asking how much the oil change was

Some people don't have the space or tools available to do some of this maintenance. Modern cars also suck when it comes to even basic stuff. Sometimes it's just easier to go to a place to have the tires rotated and oil changed.

Completely untenable in so many peoples' situations. Don't be a gatekeeper.

I understand that, I was just saying. didn't mean it in the way you guys got that, so my bad

This is a totally valid argument... I was getting my oil changed at a store when I lived in an apartment, but now that I have a house with a garage I change my own. I also agree that some cars
unfortunately seems to be mostly American
are super stupid when it comes to basic maintenance being accessible

I wasn't. Had a NES, but we weren't super well off when i was younger and I never really got games. Got a Genesis later, then a PS1. I stopped playing games after that until 360.

So never played a Zelda until this year, and still have yet to play a metroid.

You definitely picked a fine one to start with, although it's a lot different than the majority of the series. The original was what it was, the sequel was a very different thing, but Link to the Past basically set the formula and mechanics that would last 24 years. Ocarina of Time of course innovated with the 3D environment but still basically carried over the same structure as all the others. I started losing my patience for it on Twilight Princess and it reached the boiling point for me with Skyward Sword. I really disliked that game and gave up 3/4 through it.
I really loved what Wind Waker did even though it's kind of the most "bare bones" of the 3D games, but it's shortness is also kind of endearing to me. I never played the remastered version which I hear removes some of the more tedious aspects from the original which can only be a good thing.

I like Metroid but don't feel super strongly about the series as a whole. The first Prime was pretty neat when it came out on Gamecube.

Speaking of Zelda-likes, I'm stoked Okami is coming back. I have such a fond memory of that game even though I only played through it once on PS2 and I remember it kind of overstaying it's welcome, but man did I love a lot of what that game did both mechanically and of course visually / stylistically. *pours one out for Clover Studio*

Currently waiting on my oil change.

$52 friggin dollars.

Hopefully SMS goes off without a hitch.

That's why I learned to change tires, change my oil, change my brake shoes/pads and charge my AC/Coolant lines on my spare time. I'm a 24 year old with limited money and I'm not spending money for labor on something I can do myself (though sometimes I do get busy/lazy and just end up going to a jiffy lube/mechanic anyway :/)

Mupod

my dude when you own a car you need to learn to change your oil and change your tires, both are very easy and are complete scam otherwise

I can do those things but I like bringing my car in to the shop once in a while just so someone who has an idea of what they're doing can look at it. For example this is how they found out my brakes were done, or the time my muffler was so rusted out it was about to fall off. Helps that they are cheap (they do winter tires + rotation for half what I've seen elsewhere) and literally around the corner from my house.

But yeah, my dad is a mechanic, which means that before I moved far away I never had to worry much about car stuff. I viewed my constant requests to fix my parents' computer as an equal exchange. If my visits to home line up with car maintenance I try to get him to help me do it just so I can watch and learn, but I wish I'd done that more before moving.

This reminds me of My Dad and I changing a headlight bulb. Bugger was crammed in a corner and we struggled connecting it. Only cost us $20 to replace the bulb manually.

Now, I guess I'll talk about games. I left home with Chapter 12 of Kiwami. Plan on finish the main story today.

I've been playing Panpaku on my Switch and it's a classic action platformer but man am I getting frustrated at times lol.

Knack 2 has been left in the dust until they patch the bugs.

Other than that, I might get Death of the Outsider and I'm waiting on Odyssey and Wolf2.

Oakinn

The good news is you have at least 5 Zeldas ahead of you that are better than BotW!

BOTW is one of my favorite games of all time. Not having any love/knowledge for the series lets me look past the common "this isnt a Zelda Game" complaint I've heard numerous times.

Something about that game just clicked for me in a huge way.

BOTW is one of my favorite games of all time. Not having any love/knowledge for the series lets me look past the common "this isnt a Zelda Game" complaint I've heard numerous times.

Something about that game just clicked for me in a huge way.
I love BotW, but I don't necessarily want the next 3D Zelda game to be similar. I want traditional dungeons. I don't need the world to be that large even if I think it worked so well with BotW.
It is certainly my favorite. That, Link's Awakening, and Breath of the Wild are probably my top 3.
I love Majora's Mask, but I get how some people wouldn't. Link's Awakening is the best 2D-style Zelda as far as I'm concerned.

I have played every Zelda (grew up with an NES and every nintendo system onwards), not counting CDI crap, and BotW is easily my favorite since OoT. Top 3 would be those two and LTTP (don't know what order /shrug). Can definitely see the flaws but it was one of my favorite gaming experiences in ages.

Top Bottom