• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Salarians

Des2ny spoilers!!

damn a forced slow walking sequence, they really made a video game campaign

omg this sad violin

I just picked up a "Sorrow MG2" gun off a dead guardian, while sad music plays

jesus, Bungie

oti

Banned
Des2ny spoilers!!

damn a forced slow walking sequence, they really made a video game campaign

omg this sad violin

Right? Right?

As I said, it feels like Luke Smith is sitting next to me pointing at the screen. "See? SEE? We do emotions now. Feel something. FEEL SOMETHING!"

I read the spoilers. I've never played Destiny.

It's probably a best moment of 2017 contender... I foresee it being brought up at the very least. That's where the bar is right now.

BTA

I finally got back to playing more Rabbids today after most of a week of playing other stuff.

I meant to beat world 3 but I'm still just doing 2's challenges and haven't even started 3, whoops.

oti

Banned
Seems like the best course of action.

If they had allowed your character to fully come over like they mentioned earlier then i think it would have been a no brainer.

Nah. Even then, nah. Destiny 2 is just more and better Destiny. Nothing actually happened in Destiny 1 either so even story wise it would be wasted time. Just read a story synopsis and you are 100% ready for Destiny 2.

I finally got back to playing more Rabbids today after most of a week of playing other stuff.

I meant to beat world 3 but I'm still just doing 2's challenges and haven't even started 3, whoops.

I've now finished 1 and 2, perfected 1 and 2, completed all 1 challenges and am now at 3-2. Lovely game. Although I feel like my current crew isn't really suited for world 3. I'm rolling with Rabbid Luigi and Peach. I should get Luigi back on the team. A sniper sounds pretty good for the world 3 enemies.

Salarians

ok back to the real shit
gpor0XW.jpg

Strax

I've now finished 1 and 2, perfected 1 and 2, completed all 1 challenges and am now at 3-2. Lovely game. Although I feel like my current crew isn't really suited for world 3. I'm rolling with Rabbid Luigi and Peach. I should get Luigi back on the team. A sniper sounds pretty good for the world 3 enemies.

The moment I got Peach I never switched from the team of Mario, Rabbid Peach and Peach. Yoshi comes in so late he might as well not be in the game.

The moment I got Peach I never switched from the team of Mario, Rabbid Peach and Peach. Yoshi comes in so late he might as well not be in the game.

Peach seems like a mediocre jack of all trades character, which is worthless since you have to use Mario anyway. Is she actually good?

Megasoum

Banned
About Rabbid... I really wish you could swap out Mario... There's many great character so only effectively having 2 spots to use them sucks.

Strax

Peach seems like a mediocre jack of all trades character, which is worthless since you have to use Mario anyway. Is she actually good?

She's overpowered if anything. Everytime she team jumps she heals herself and people around her, her grenade is great, her weapon has a huge spread so it can hit 4-5 enemies at once and it's powerful, also works the same way in overwatch, she's a tank and has a shield.

I didn't play as Yoshi and Rabbid Yoshi so I can't really comment on them other then their powers didn't make me want to play them from reading about their skills but if I had to pick the best character I'd 100% pick Peach.

- J - D -

Apparently my local Best Buy got some Switches in today and I could just walk in right now and buy one. SHOULD I?

edit: Or I could get Destiny 2 and poptarts.

Mr. F

Banned
I feel like Im doing myself a disservice not experimenting more but I really like my current team comp of mario/rabbid peach/luigi. I should probably give the others more of a shot

BTA

I usually stick with Luigi and mix up the other person.

I'm experimenting more now but as cool as Rabbid Luigi is I can't manage to pull off vamp dashes smartly enough to consistently heal with them at the right time.

Salarians

PBalfredo

The Exquisite Corps has got me hankering for some XCOM action. I loved the 2012 XCOM at launch, but haven't played any more since that. If I had to chose one to jump back into right now, which should it be

XCOM (2012) + DLC + The Long War (I only played the base game)
XCOM 2 + DLC (I got 2 on steam sale but haven't started it yet, would have to get the DLC)
Mario + Rabbids (real curious about this game, but not sure if I can do this and XCOM back to back)

Yeah writing and aesthetics aside War of the Chosen is rad. Adds a lot of cool new stuff to the game. But it's HARD AS FUCK. I'm savescumming like it's 1999 because my campaign would've ended a while ago if I didn't. I've just accepted that that's how I play XCOM because I can't bear the thought of failing a campaign after 20 hours. Or even losing soldiers that I've invested a lot into, really.

Jintor

you're going to really enjoy it when i get you a plasma sunbake.

i had to switch to my personal compaign where i name people after whoever comes up on my facebook feed, just so i could dick around without the stress of having to write up every mission afterwards

BTA

Yeah writing and aesthetics aside War of the Chosen is rad. Adds a lot of cool new stuff to the game. But it's HARD AS FUCK. I'm savescumming like it's 1999 because my campaign would've ended a while ago if I didn't. I've just accepted that that's how I play XCOM because I can't bear the thought of failing a campaign after 20 hours. Or even losing soldiers that I've invested a lot into, really.

What I've heard about the aesthetics of WotC is really appealing to me but as a non-XCOM player with these exact feelings about this kind of game I don't think I'll be playing it anytime soon, hah.

Harpuia

The Exquisite Corps has got me hankering for some XCOM action. I loved the 2012 XCOM at launch, but haven't played any more since that. If I had to chose one to jump back into right now, which should it be

XCOM 2 + DLC (I got 2 on steam sale but haven't started it yet, would have to get the DLC)
Mario + Rabbids (real curious about this game, but not sure if I can do this and XCOM back to back)

Xcom 2 + DLC. you can get your fill of Xcom from exquisite corps. Also only crazy people like Long War.

Wunder

I'll also recommend XCOM 2 + DLC along with the thread, but I will say there is a lot to consider with the strategic component of the game, overwhelmingly so. XCOM 1 was basically just managing interceptors and satellites but XCOM 2 turns it up a notch and War of the Chosen turns that up 3x. So just something to keep in mind that while the tactical stuff is new and awesome, you can easily get thrown by the overworld aspect and lose that way too.

Top Bottom